PDA

View Full Version : Any uk folks have any experience with legally changing a surname?

Danny
09-Dec-2010, 11:00 PM
So my dad was a legendary deadbeat, and certified nutjob- really not figuratively and he ran out when i was 2 and my brother was months old, left us with a lakers jersey and a crate of baked beans tins and shit all else.
Since i was little i wanted to change my surname to disassociate myself with this dude but my mom always said before i was 'of age' he had to say i could and he wouldnt, god knows why, but recently ive been thinking about it more but i cannot for the life of me find anything of the .gov website about changing your surname. the closest result amongst a list of results like "why old people shouldnt fear climate change or digital telly" was "how to register your stillborn childs name from home":dead:

I realize this is an unusual topic but i figure someone might have some common knowledge about this google is not allowing me to be privvy to. anyone know how you go about it in england?

Legion2213
09-Dec-2010, 11:05 PM
http://www.ukdps.co.uk/

Probably the best place to start, seems to have all the relevant info. Good luck if you go through with it.