PDA

View Full Version : Monsters

Neil
11-Dec-2010, 10:56 AM
I kinda liked the film, but felt the 'romance', which is really supposed to be the back bone of the entire film, just fell absolutely flat on its face, so sort of spoilt the entire movie really. And that's odd considering they're a couple (now married) in real life!

Also, the tension that should have been there at times, simply wasn't.

Did I enjoy it? Yes. But it could have so easily have been so much more dramatic had the main two characters actually had a bit more chemistry. I think the writing let it down...

For the budget, it's absolutely astounding ($500,000)! And the effects, all done in a bedroom, are breath taking!

Skippy911sc
11-Dec-2010, 05:34 PM
I rather enjoyed it as well. I thought, for a low budget flick, the effects were pretty good. I watched it on the HDNet channel special preview. I showed a friend and he thought it was pretty good as well. If I had paid $10 to see it in the theater I might have a different opinion... its funny how paying for something does that.

Neil
11-Dec-2010, 06:21 PM
I rather enjoyed it as well. I thought, for a low budget flick, the effects were pretty good. I watched it on the HDNet channel special preview. I showed a friend and he thought it was pretty good as well. If I had paid $10 to see it in the theater I might have a different opinion... its funny how paying for something does that.

The effects (for a guy in a bedroom) were astounding!

Shame the lead couple just seemed to have so little chemistry! If the story/writing had bound them togethor tighter over the journey, the film would have been as amazing as its effects!