PDA

View Full Version : Considering a new camcorder purchase... need help

Skippy911sc
11-Dec-2010, 05:26 PM
Ok, the last time I bought a camcorder I bought a canon zr40 or something like that, it was a mini dv. I am thinking about a hard drive or flash memory camcorder, nothing fancy... for family stuff. I had considered a flip, maybe one of those water proof (3 m) types... any ideas? Lets try and keep it on the cheap side, I have 2 boys and they could tear up a rock. Thanks for any input.

MikePizzoff
11-Dec-2010, 11:30 PM
If it's just for family stuff, hard-drive and you want to stay cheap, I don't think you could go wrong with just getting a Flip.

bassman
11-Dec-2010, 11:33 PM
What mike said. I've got a flip for family purposes and it's fantastic. Can't recommend it enough. Although I've been thinking of moving up to an HD flip. Mine is the older SD version. But still....:thumbsup:.

Great for the family purposes. I mean....it fits in your pocket and has a built in USB. Can't go wrong with that...

clanglee
11-Dec-2010, 11:54 PM
I just got a Flip for my daughter for X-mas . . . .looks pretty sturdy. . and it was a good price.

Skippy911sc
12-Dec-2010, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the info, I had been looking at the flips, do they make a water proof version? I will most likely go HD, so are there any model suggestions? Thanks again.

Eyebiter
22-Dec-2010, 04:55 PM
How much do you want to spend?

MinionZombie
22-Dec-2010, 05:54 PM
If you're thinking of going Flip, don't, and go with the Kodak Zi8 - last year I was gonna get a Flip, but then saw the Kodak Zi8 was a better camera than the Flip and I've been very pleased with it.