PDA

View Full Version : Your unpopular film opinion

Doc
18-Dec-2010, 12:51 PM
We all have them. We have an opinion that seems to go against the masses. Please, let us not start arguments, fights, or flame wars.

I'll start with horror films!

-Halloween II is overrated and doesn't match up to the tone of the original and the best thing it has going for it is the return of the central characters and the draw of having it follow upon the same night.

-Halloween 4 beats the crap outta Halloween 2 imo.

-I like Rob Zombie's Halloween. It's better than anything after Halloween 4.

-I like Day of the Dead much more than Dawn of the Dead.

-I find Halloween III to be one of the most underrated horror movies of all-time.

-Shaun of the Dead is fun. It's also overrated when hailed as one of the second comings.

-Land of the Dead was one of the best horror films of this decade. :-X

Yeah, I know I'm in for it now!:shifty:

-CGI is not automatically awful. Sure, it can look shitty but so can practical effects.

- Day of the Dead is the best of Romero's Dead series.

-New Nightmare is the best NOES movie, eclipsing even the original and Dream Warriors. Freddy's NN look is also his best.

-I like Alien more then Aliens

-I don't mind running zombies.

- Army of Darkness is my favorite of the Evil Dead Series.

- Exorcist is overrated

- I much prefer The original Fly, Thing, and Blob to their more popular remakes.

- Night 90 blows.

- I like Ed Wood's films.

Now, for none horror:

- I find T2 to be nothing more than the original Terminator with a much bigger budget and a Guns N' Roses song.

- Don't care what anybody says I like Titanic, and Avatar despite people thinking they were bombs(I'm not talking about financially either).

- Revenge of the Sith is a great Star Wars film.

- I like Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

- I like Superman Returns, and Superman 3.

- Batman Returns is overrated

- Love Labyrinth, and think it's far superior to Dark Crystal.

- I don't care one bit for The Godfather.

- Rocky 4 is a fun film, but a good film it is not!

- Rocky 5 is not that bad.

- Rocky 6 is the second best of the bunch.

- I like Mel Brooks later parody films like Robin Hood: Men in Tights, and Dracula: Dead and Loving It

That's all I got right now.

bassman
18-Dec-2010, 01:51 PM
The Halloween Remake is better than the original.
Depite the over the top mushy stuff, Titanic is still a great film.
Batman Returns is NOT a batman movie.
Superman Returns was GREAT.
The first few Ernest P. Worrell movies are cinematic classics.
Funny Games is awful once it hits the "remote" scene.
Lost was boring.
Heroes was so bad it was funny.
Smallville is Dawson's Creek with Clark Kent.
The Last Crusade is my favorite Indiana Jones film.
Die Hard With a Vengence is also by favorite Die Hard film.
Alien 3 is a good film. Particularly the Assembly Cut.
Ghostbusters 2, while not quite the same spark as the original, is a good and funny film.
I don't like Return of the Living Dead.
All four Lethal Weapons films are equal.
Godfather Part Three isn't so bad.
Wall E, while beautiful with the visuals, was irritating.
Cars is fun.
Toy Story 2 was the least of the series.(I often hear people say it's their favorite)

Mitchified
18-Dec-2010, 02:20 PM
Nightmare on Elm Street bored me to the point where I fell asleep trying to watch it...twice.

Avatar was only mildly entertaining.

I liked Terminator: Salvation.

Caddy Shack is overrated, as are most (and I stress MOST) movies with Bill Murray.

Jurassic Park III entertained me, and it's a better movie than The Lost World.

Natalie Portman isn't hot in Episodes I-III...or in any other movie for that matter.

Ghost Rider was a fun watch.

Daredevil was actually pretty good.

The Passion of the Christ was just an awful movie.

Rocky Balboa is better than Rocky III, IV, and V.

The original Halloween II is better than the original Halloween.

The remake of Dawn of the Dead is one of the most unintentionally funny movies I've sat through this decade.

Stigmata was a pile of crap with no redeeming qualities.

Cars was the worst of the Pixar movies, while Monsters Inc. was better than Toy Story 2.

Revenge of the Sith was better than Return of the Jedi.

The ranking of the Indiana Jones movies goes like this: Last Crusade, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Temple of Doom. I'm not saying that any of those were bad, that's just the order of goodness.

The Abyss was mediocre.

Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow was fun.

JDFP
18-Dec-2010, 03:50 PM
Oh, I could have a field day with this thread! I'll start with just one...

Kevin Costner's "The Postman" is one of the greatest post-apocalyptic films ever made. It's a cinematic masterpiece with a perfect film score and the perfect mix of drama, action, and 'American' idealism in the face of adversity. I NEVER grow tired of watching it.

There's a specific scene where a town member is about to be killed and he let's out a yell of: "RIDE POSTMAN! YOU HEAR ME POSTMAN?! YOU RIDE!!!" that brings me a tremendous amount of goosebumps in just thinking about it (and it's in the trailer below!).

In fact, all of Costner's (fantastic actor) epic films are incredible -- some of the most underappreciated epics of film-making that just aren't made anymore. "Dances With Wolves", "Wyatt Earp", "Waterworld", "Open Range", and of course the legendary "THe Postman".

9IhoSJbKbJQ

j.p.

Mike70
19-Dec-2010, 01:14 PM
tailor made thread, here goes:

i loved event horizon.

i love cheesy as all fuck movies from the 70's like the count yorga films.

i dislike the star wars films more every year.

predators is not a bad little film.

the blair witch project is a mammoth piece of shite.

the first terminator movie is the only one that i can watch.

aliens is an annoying ass movie made more annoying by paul reiser and bill paxton.

bill paxton cannot act and chews on scenery like he is at a free buffet.

the horror of the 30's and 40's blows modern stuff away.

superhero movies do not interest me and i do not go to see them or watch them on tv.

DjfunkmasterG
19-Dec-2010, 02:32 PM
Survival and Land suck
I like Titanic, but only watch titanic from Chapter 26 on
ROb Zombie is a hack (except for Devil's Rejects)
Running Zombies rule
Darabont has upstaged Romero =0) (I know that'll piss some people off)
I think Zombieland is better than Shaun of the Dead
Night of the Living Dead (orig) had a running zombie
I like Terminator 3 for the cheese
Christian Bale is the best Bruce Wayne ever
George Clooney was a decent Batman (liked him better than Val Kilmer) What ruined it was the directing and screenplay
Quentin Tarantino hasn't made a decent film since Pulp Fiction, and the only reason I like KB 1 & 2 is because UMA is kicking ass and looks good covered in blood.
DAWN 04 is one of the better modern day zombie films
I liked The Dukes of Hazard Movie (Johnny Knoxville saved it from being total crap)
Not enough people give Ed Norton the credit he deserves for American History X

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Oh, I could have a field day with this thread! I'll start with just one...

Kevin Costner's "The Postman" is one of the greatest post-apocalyptic films ever made. It's a cinematic masterpiece with a perfect film score and the perfect mix of drama, action, and 'American' idealism in the face of adversity. I NEVER grow tired of watching it.

There's a specific scene where a town member is about to be killed and he let's out a yell of: "RIDE POSTMAN! YOU HEAR ME POSTMAN?! YOU RIDE!!!" that brings me a tremendous amount of goosebumps in just thinking about it (and it's in the trailer below!).

In fact, all of Costner's (fantastic actor) epic films are incredible -- some of the most underappreciated epics of film-making that just aren't made anymore. "Dances With Wolves", "Wyatt Earp", "Waterworld", "Open Range", and of course the legendary "THe Postman".

9IhoSJbKbJQ

j.p.

I agree, except for WYATT EARP...

blind2d
19-Dec-2010, 04:14 PM
Cocksville was in Dukes of Hazard? Finally a reason for me to watch it!
I'm not sure if I get the exact premise of this thread, but...
I love Contagium. I love Tokyo Gore Police (seriously... watch it).
I don't like any of the Rocky or Godfather films... I think the Three Stooges are totally stupid... Peter Jackson's Bad Taste is his best film, with Dead Alive a close second... The Expendables was horrible... most of The Simpsons Movie was rubbish... And.... Hot Fuzz was a little better than Shaun, even though it lacked zeds.

Mitchified
19-Dec-2010, 05:15 PM
Survival and Land suck
George Clooney was a decent Batman (liked him better than Val Kilmer) What ruined it was the directing and screenplay

Directing and screenplay...along with Clooney being very, very stupid.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/1646414/clooney-claims-his-batman-was-gay-barbara-walters-interviews-other-people/

I could see someone defending Clooney as a decent Bruce Wayne, but I can't get behind him being a good Batman. Although according to that interview he seems to think that Batman would want me to get behind him for a completely different reason.

I do, however, completely agree that Rob Zombie (as a director) is a hack, and Edward Norton doesn't get enough credit for American History X. Or any of his other films, for that matter. I think he's criminally underrated for his role as Bruce Banner in The Incredible Hulk.

shootemindehead
19-Dec-2010, 05:46 PM
Ha ha....

FFS, every opinion I have is unpopular.

bassman
19-Dec-2010, 06:48 PM
:lol:

"I hate everything" should do it, shootem.

krakenslayer
19-Dec-2010, 06:56 PM
I agree with the following:

- Halloween II is overrated and doesn't match up to the tone of the original and the best thing it has going for it is the return of the central characters and the draw of having it follow upon the same night.

- I find Halloween III to be one of the most underrated horror movies of all-time.

- Day of the Dead is the best of Romero's Dead series.

- I like Alien more then Aliens

- Exorcist is overrated

- I like Ed Wood's films.

- I find T2 to be nothing more than the original Terminator with a much bigger budget and a Guns N' Roses song.

- Don't care what anybody says I like Titanic, and Avatar despite people thinking they were bombs(I'm not talking about financially either).

- I like Superman Returns, and Superman 3.

- Batman Returns is overrated

- Love Labyrinth, and think it's far superior to Dark Crystal.

- Rocky 5 is not that bad.

- Rocky 6 is the second best of the bunch.

and

Superman Returns was GREAT
Funny Games is awful once it hits the "remote" scene
Heroes was so bad it was funny
Smallville is Dawson's Creek with Clark Kent
The Last Crusade is my favorite Indiana Jones film
Alien 3 is a good film. Particularly the Assembly Cut
Ghostbusters 2, while not quite the same spark as the original, is a good and funny film
I don't like Return of the Living Dead
All four Lethal Weapons films are equal
Godfather Part Three isn't so bad
Wall E, while beautiful with the visuals, was irritating

and

i loved event horizon.

i love cheesy as all fuck movies from the 70's like the count yorga films.

i dislike the star wars films more every year.

predators is not a bad little film.

the blair witch project is a mammoth piece of shite.

And would also like to add:

I think Return of the Living Dead 3 is by far the best in the series, and is actually a good, heartfelt story

I like Survival better than TWD (so far)

Jason and the Argonauts is the most frightening film ever made

Army of Darkness is borderline entertaining but also kinda lame

I respect Halloween 1, but do not enjoy it

I think all Halloween movies, with the exception of one, three and Resurrection, are worthless

I think the Sleepaway Camp series is the best slasher franchise (up to part 3... thanks Andy!)

Battlefield Earth is no worse than Independence Day

28 Weeks Later is much better than 28 Days Later

Jaws 3D is better than Jaws 2

Creepshow, Martin and the Dark Half are probably Romero's most accomplished films

Doc
19-Dec-2010, 06:57 PM
Don't be shy shootminded! Post them!:)

- The Gojira sequels are all pretty fun, and great films!

- Legend is a vastly superior film to Avatar in terms of visuals, and Ridley Scott did it without cgi.

- With exception, of Freddy's Dead I find the Elm Street sequels really fun to watch!

- Jason Voorhees isn't Jason Voorhees til Friday 6.

- New Hope is just as, silly as the Star Wars prequels.

- The original "Star Wars" will always be "A New Hope" to me despite, what you purists say! :p

- Justice League/Unlimited blows away Batman: TAS though, Batman: TAS is second best in the DCAU.

- Nolan's Batman films are better written then Burton's

- Jack Nicholson's Joker is just Jack in clown make-up

- Hannibal Lector is more threatening in Red Dragon than in Silence of the Lambs.

- The Walking Dead has suffered from some pretty piss-poor writing in it's first Season.

bassman
19-Dec-2010, 07:01 PM
- Hannibal Lector is more threatening in Red Dragon than in Silence of the Lambs.

I actually just watched Red Dragon the other day. First time I've seen it since it's release and I was pleasantly surprised how good it is. Better than Hannial and closer to Silence. Eepecially when you consider that it's a remake and from Brett Friggin Ratner....

Mike70
20-Dec-2010, 10:49 AM
Jaws 3D is better than Jaws 2

ah ha! someone else who recognizes the inherent awesomeness of dennis quaid, louis gossett, and simon maccorkindale combined in one film.

a few more:

the walking dead has lost itself in a morass of "character development", one of the most over used phrases in the world.

"lost" was a complete and total waste of time.

"seinfeld" is about as funny as a case of leprosy.

"heroes" is cookie cutter kids stuff.

any and all shows that involve regular folks singing and/or dancing are gay as fook.

and and all shows that involve people "racing" from place to place are gay as fook.

all tv news (and most news media in general) is a gigantic waste of time.

guns n' roses is one of the worst bands of the last 30 years. i have despised them since the first note i heard of "welcome to the jungle"

i will not watch anything with michael cera or seth rogan in it.

the "office" is about as funny as leukemia.

SymphonicX
20-Dec-2010, 11:33 AM
Thanks for this thread :)

My two pennies:

ALL of the Batman movies suck one way or another. If it's not Keaton sucking, it's Burton, if not either of them it's Clooney, Kilmer, or Bale. Christian Bale's gruffy voice as batman is nothing short of unwatchable and pathetic, and The Dark Knight is only an OK film - it's terribly paced, and could do with a whole 25 minute section at the end completely cut out (the hospital bit...did we need that? No.) Batman Begins only ticks boxes - it does nothing else. It's boring, the bad guys and the conflict is uninteresting, and of course Bale is flat.

Nightmare Before Christmas and all it's bastard derivatives are rubbish.

In fact Tim Burton hasn't really done a good film since Beetlejuice. He's exceptionally over rated.

So is Spielberg.

War of the Worlds was a massive missed opportunity.

I hate Julia Roberts, she's pig ugly and boring on screen. Films like Duplicity should have been canned at the script stage.

I hate most new comedies. The Hangover was awful and boring. Nothing happened to them that wasn't entirely forseeable by an average human mind. The characters were shitty and only Zack Galifanakis did anything for the movie, and he has already played the same character three or four times since making that film.

Judd Apatow movies suck, and Adam Sandler movies suck. Neither of them are funny.

The Walking Dead was thoroughly disappointing and completely failed to reach it's potential. The characters were boring and if they are closely representative of what's in the comic, I'll never bother reading it.

Some of Tom Savini's effects were pretty terrible. (EG Marshall and the roaches anyone?)

Donald Rubinsteins theme to Martin was pretty poorly produced and executed.

Star Wars:
I've dedicated a whole section to these movies.

The original Trilogy:
It's fun the first time you see it. After that it looks like any other 70s sci fi with less skin tight suits. The story of Luke Skywalker is boring, Luke himself is an irritating and stupid human being right up until the end of Return of the Jedi. Going from innocent, naive moron to know-it-all god of everything Jedi. Don't care, don't want to know. Fuck off, can we watch anything else at Christmas please?

Darth Vader is neither scary nor sinister. Just a big guy in a helmet. Light Sabre fights aren't that cool. The whole thing is just a massive YAWN.

New trilogy:
New trilogy are the worst three films made on a chromakey background ever. ALL of the effects are shite. EVERY single one. The characters, plots and everything that supposedly binds these films together are piss boring and generic.

Summary:
Star wars = boring as hell for me.

I've never had any compunction to praise the Indiana Jones movies. Not that I hate them, just that like star wars, I don't really care.

leads me onto:

George Lucas is a massively untalented hack - who happens to be an excellent and shrewd buisiness man.

I think I've said enough!!

EvilNed
20-Dec-2010, 11:47 AM
- Waterworld is a great adventure flick with some kickass stunts.

- Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome ain't bad, I like it.

- Alien 3 is great and atmospheric.

- James Cameron is pretty mediocre and hasn't produced something truly great since Terminator 2.

- Avatar sucks friggin' pigs balls and looks like shit too. Too much CGI is just ugly.

- And for the same reasons, the Star Wars prequels all look and play like shit, as do the Lord of the Rings films. Especially the last one, "Return of even more CGI". They are lame and hilariously undramatic.

- The first Pirates of the Caribbean film was Okay. The sequels were not even Okay, they were horrible. And Jack Sparrow is boring and annoying.

- Infact, Johnny DEPP is boring and annoying, and a pretty bland actor to boot.

- Tim Burton used to be good. His last good film was Mars Attacks!. Maybe Sleepy Hollow.

- The Matrix sequels kick ass. But not in a philosophical kinda way. Just in a kick ass kinda way.

- Alexander, by Oliver Stone, is one of my favourite films of all time.

- Zombieland wasn't really that funny. At all. And not that great either.

- Apart from Romero's zombieflicks, all good zombiefilms come from Europe with very few exceptions.

- Planet Terror is crap, and Death Proof is good halfway through but all-in-all that Grindhouse experiment was one epic failure.

- I don't get why Robert Rodriguez gets so much attention. He hasn't produced much of value. Desperado was cool when I was fifteen, and Sin City both neat and incredibly lame at times. But that's it.

- Anything, anything, anything where a character pulls out a japanese swords and starts acting all ninja or cliché samurai is automaticly turned into a crappy shitfest, and whoever writes those kinds of films doesn't seem to have a clue about anything. This is part of why Sin City sucked, by the way.

- I thought the Chronicles of Riddick was pretty decent, a neat space opera in a time when we don't get much of that on the big screen. But Pitch Black was, of course, way better.

- Nicholas Cage is an awful actor. Just terrible.

Doc
20-Dec-2010, 03:08 PM
Thanks for this thread :)

My two pennies:

ALL of the Batman movies suck one way or another. If it's not Keaton sucking, it's Burton, if not either of them it's Clooney, Kilmer, or Bale. Christian Bale's gruffy voice as batman is nothing short of unwatchable and pathetic, and The Dark Knight is only an OK film - it's terribly paced, and could do with a whole 25 minute section at the end completely cut out (the hospital bit...did we need that? No.) Batman Begins only ticks boxes - it does nothing else. It's boring, the bad guys and the conflict is uninteresting, and of course Bale is flat.

Nightmare Before Christmas and all it's bastard derivatives are rubbish.

Heresy Dere!:p

I hate most new comedies. The Hangover was awful and boring. Nothing happened to them that wasn't entirely forseeable by an average human mind. The characters were shitty and only Zack Galifanakis did anything for the movie, and he has already played the same character three or four times since making that film.

Agreed!

New trilogy:
New trilogy are the worst three films made on a chromakey background ever. ALL of the effects are shite. EVERY single one. The characters, plots and everything that supposedly binds these films together are piss boring and generic.

George Lucas is a massively untalented hack - who happens to be an excellent and shrewd buisiness man.

I think I've said enough!!

I don't think this is unpopular at all. I always though this was the general fans all thought now. :shifty:

SymphonicX
20-Dec-2010, 03:29 PM
Heresy Dere!:p

Agreed!

I don't think this is unpopular at all. I always though this was the general fans all thought now. :shifty:

Thanks for your partial support! More than I thought I'd get! :P

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

This is probably my favourite thread ever...

LouCipherr
20-Dec-2010, 03:30 PM
Oh yay! I love these kinds of threads. :D

1) The only thing Rob Zombie did worth a fuck film-wise was The Devil's Rejects - and I attribute most of that goodness to Bill Moseley. Halloween and Halloween II should be wiped off the face of the planet and we should pretend they never existed. In fact, burn the masters before more copies of this abomination make it out to the public. There's 109 Reasons why the first Halloween sucked donkey balls, and Dj, my wife and I covered it in this thread right here. (http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?16470-109-Reasons-Why-Deej-Lou-amp-Lou-s-Wife-think-RZ-s-Halloween-Sucks-Balls&highlight=RZ%27s+halloween)

2) The Nightmare on Elm Street remake was an EPIC FAIL. The original trumps it in every single possible way.

3) Land, Diary & Survival should also be stricken from our memories and masters burned.

4) George Romero has lost his mind. I think that pretty much covers it. :lol:

5) Frank Darabont COMPLETELY FUCKED UP the last 5 minutes of The Mist. I don't care if Stephen King signed off on it, it was a stupid, cheap, lame-assed way to wrap up an otherwise fantastic film adaptation of the novella.

6) House on Haunted Hill ('99 remake) was fantastic, if just for Geoffrey Rush's performance in that flick. Afterall, he's "STEPHEN GODDAMN PRICE!" :p This is one of the very few times a remake has been better than the original. Yeah, I said it, so what? Wanna fight about it? :lol:

7) Avatar - bloated, overrated, overbudgeted piece of fucking shit. Might have great SFX, but without a decent story that hasn't been told 1000 times already, it's a worthless endeavour. 3D and tons of money do not a great movie make. And I have to mention - "unobtanium"? REALLY? Christ, Cameron was just grasping at straws for a story, eh?

8) Grindhouse was awful. Just plain fucking awful. The fake trailers were better than the goddamn features.

9) Shaun of the Dead is probably one of the best comedy scripts ever written, period. It's comedic genius - even without the zombies.

10) The Exorcist blows goats. Not sure why people are so fascinated by this flick. :rolleyes:

11) The Dark Knight - it really wasn't that great of a film. Heath Ledger is WAY overrated, and mostly due to the fact he croaked before TDK came out. If that hadn't happened, TDK wouldn't have been as massive of a success as it was.

12) Christian Bale plays Patrick Bateman in every fucking movie he does. The only exception to this rule is The Machinist.

13) Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was a good Indiana Jones flick, despite people's inability to suspend reality when it came to the fridge scene. Oh, but pulling live hearts out of people's chests in Temple of Doom (and they continue to live!) is SO much more believeable, eh?

You know what I say to that? :fin: :p

14) Empire Strikes Back was the best SW film, period.

15) Paranormal Activity was a massive pile of dogshit.

16) Blair Witch 2 was better than Blair Witch 1, which was so overrated..

17) Running zombies KICK ASS.

18) Dawn '04 was a great flick.

19) While Army of Darkness was cool, nothing beats Evil Dead 2. :p

20) Bubba Ho Tep was a fantastic Bruce Campbell film - and BC played a kick-ass Evlis. :D

21) Aside from the first Nightmare on Elm street, every single sequel after the original sucked horribly. Fuck you for turning Freddy into a comedian with third-degree burns, even though he started out as a fantastic, creepy-as-shit killer.

22) I agree with Mike70 - Seinfeld was a HORRIFIC show and an example of where TV started to go VERY wrong.

23) Family Guy is still fucking hilarious.

24) Raiders of the Lost Ark is still the best Indy flick ever.

25) The only 2 films James Cameron did worth a shit were Aliens and T2.

26) Hot Fuzz was a great flick, despite most people panning it.

27) Speaking of Friday the 13th movies, Parts 1-4 are the only ones worth a hoot. The rest can eat a bowl of Aids, especially Freddy vs. Jason.

28) Reality shows - ALL OF THEM - are for people with no common sense or very low IQ's. This shit isn't "reality" people - it's scripted garbage and you're falling for it. (ok, not exactly a "film" opinion, but it still pisses me off and I'm very much apparently in the minority when it comes to this subject)

29) Uma Thurman was only hot in the Kill Bill flicks. Otherwise.... *shudder*

That's it for now... I realize some kinda swerved into television territory, but they're still unpopular opinions for most. ;)

SymphonicX
20-Dec-2010, 03:59 PM
^^...Agree with almost all of those...^^

That nightmare on elm st remake was just pathetic. So far from horrifying, or menacing. It was just so weak. Alluding to Freddy being innocent but ahh, no he's not. And since when was Freddy a kiddie fiddler? He was a child KILLER - they never said he did that shit to them. That doesn't make it any more scary or creepy than it does controversial. It's a cheap shot. The whole movie just misfired on such an indifferent level.

And here's the proof, right from good old always accurate Wikipedia:

"The original script actually called for Krueger to be a child molester, rather than a child killer, before being murdered.[25]"

Proof if anyone needs it.
ARSE.

bassman
20-Dec-2010, 04:03 PM
11) The Dark Knight - it really wasn't that great of a film. Heath Ledger is WAY overrated, and mostly due to the fact he croaked before TDK came out. If that hadn't happened, TDK wouldn't have been as massive of a success as it was.

It's cool if you werent impressed with the film, but you think it went on to a BILLION dollars because of Ledger's premature death? If that were the case, shouldn't Plan 9 From Outer Space have been a massive success as well? Queen of the Damned? Almost Heroes?

I'm not denying that maybe his passing helped earn the film some more money, but THAT much? I think it has more to do with batman Begins gaining a bigger following through dvd and tv. Also the first ever use of Imax cameras.

12) Christian Bale plays Patrick Bateman in every fucking movie he does. The only exception to this rule is The Machinist.

Empire of the Sun? Little Women? :p

Doc
20-Dec-2010, 06:04 PM
It's cool if you werent impressed with the film, but you think it went on to a BILLION dollars because of Ledger's premature death? If that were the case, shouldn't Plan 9 From Outer Space have been a massive success as well? Queen of the Damned? Almost Heroes?

I'm not denying that maybe his passing helped earn the film some more money, but THAT much? I think it has more to do with batman Begins gaining a bigger following through dvd and tv. Also the first ever use of Imax cameras.

I agree Bass. It was defiantly a factor, but Ledger's death the only reason for the film success is silly.

^^...Agree with almost all of those...^^

That nightmare on elm st remake was just pathetic. So far from horrifying, or menacing. It was just so weak. Alluding to Freddy being innocent but ahh, no he's not. And since when was Freddy a kiddie fiddler? He was a child KILLER - they never said he did that shit to them. That doesn't make it any more scary or creepy than it does controversial. It's a cheap shot. The whole movie just misfired on such an indifferent level.

And here's the proof, right from good old always accurate Wikipedia:

"The original script actually called for Krueger to be a child molester, rather than a child killer, before being murdered.[25]"

Proof if anyone needs it.
ARSE.

Being a fan of the original series yeah, he was defiantly just a child killer though there was some things here and there in the original series that hinted he could have also been a molester as well. Though most the films that did that were the sequels so, take that as you will.

21) Aside from the first Nightmare on Elm street, every single sequel after the original sucked horribly. Fuck you for turning Freddy into a comedian with third-degree burns, even though he started out as a fantastic, creepy-as-shit killer.

Not even Freddy's Revenge, or Dream Warriors capture your fancy!

LouCipherr
20-Dec-2010, 06:07 PM
It's cool if you werent impressed with the film, but you think it went on to a BILLION dollars because of Ledger's premature death? If that were the case, shouldn't Plan 9 From Outer Space have been a massive success as well?

Lets see:

Ed Wood - dies of a heart attack watching a football game
Heath Ledger - dies of a accidental drug overdose just before an over-hyped movie with him starring is released

Which do you think is more glorified in the news? Which do you think gets more press coverage? Which do you think would cause more sales for a movie than the other? Case closed. :p

Perhaps not by "that" much, but you gotta admit, the simple fact that he died just after completing the film certainly added an air of 'mystique' to the film which brought in a LOT more people than who would've come had he not passed.

I'm certainly not saying it was the reason it did ALL the business it did, but I can guarantee you the numbers would've been a lot lower had he not died prior to the release. This isn't the only movie to prove that point, either. ;)

Empire of the Sun? Little Women? :p

Perhaps I should've qualified that for the finicky here - "out of all the movies I've seen of his personally" - and I haven't seen the two above.

There, that make you feel better? :p :lol:

I agree Bass. It was defiantly a factor, but Ledger's death the only reason for the film success is silly.

No one said it was the "only" reason, Doc.

Well, I certainly hit the nail on the "unpopular opinion" head with this one, didn't I? :p :D

Not even Freddy's Revenge, or Dream Warriors capture your fancy!

Nope. By that time he was a comedian, not a killer. :(

bassman
20-Dec-2010, 06:17 PM
Lets see:

Ed Wood - dies of a heart attack watching a football game
Heath Ledger - dies of a accidental drug overdose just before an over-hyped movie with him starring is released

Which do you think is more glorified in the news? Which do you think gets more press coverage? Which do you think would cause more sales for a movie than the other? Case closed. :p

Actually....I was talking about Bela Lugosi(the original dracula. Also addicted to opiates, dying during production). Ed Wood lived for many years after Plan 9.

Chris Farley would be on par with Ledger as well. He was a household name and at the top of his career when he died of an overdose about 6 months before the release of the film. Same as Ledger. Yet that film tanked.

Perhaps not by "that" much, but you gotta admit, the simple fact that he died just after completing the film certainly added an air of 'mystique' to the film which brought in a LOT more people than who would've come had he not passed.

Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus was actually his last film released and it didn't come anywhere near to the third highest grossing film of all time. If his death helped TDK, why not Imaginarium? :p

As I said before....i'm sure his death may have helped add some revenue to the total, but it was probably a minor portion compared to the rest. It was Batman Begins, Imax, and a new Joker that brought in the crowds. Fans were psyched for Ledger's portrayal of The Joker long before he died. Everyone wanted to see what he was going to do, and in most cases, claim he couldn't beat Nicholson's OTT Nicholson impression.

BTW....you should check out Empire of the Sun. Good flick.

LouCipherr
20-Dec-2010, 06:46 PM
Actually....I was talking about Bela Lugosi(the original dracula. Also addicted to opiates, dying during production). Ed Wood lived for many years after Plan 9.

Chris Farley would be on par with Ledger as well. He was a household name and at the top of his career when he died of an overdose about 6 months before the release of the film. Same as Ledger. Yet that film tanked.

Even though I don't like Ledger that much, I can see the talent in the guy - however, bringing up Chris Farley in the same breath for this comparison is blasphemy. Those two are apples & oranges, dude. :lol:

As far as ed wood/lugosi - Sorry 'bout that, I goofed and was thinking of Wood. Either way, we didn't have the tabloid kind of press back then that we do now that sensationalizes shit like this (and a gullible public, like we do now - "reality tv" proves that point with no room to argue). If we did, I suspect it would've been the exact same case w/Lugosi. His death would be sensationalized, and his last works would've sold a lot better. We're in a completely different world and culture from back then at this point.

From the tabloid kind of press angle: look at Corey Haim - look at the shitstorm of press his death caused. Why? At the point he died, the only thing he was known for was not being an actor, but being a child-actor-turned-junkie. And they (the media) went nuts because they all assumed his death was due to a drug overdose. Of course, they were wrong (lets not nitpick, I realize his death was probably caused by drug use, but that wasn't the immediate cause of death, so lets not go there, ok?), but boy did they take that story and run with it to the extreme. Had it been 1956 when this happened (ie: the year Lugosi died), it would've been a story or two in the newspapers and forgotten about.

Look at Michael Jackson for an example: The dude purposely kept his music from being whored out to a lot of things - commericals, video games, etc. - before he died. He didn't NEED the money, he wanted artistic integrity. However, what has happened since he died? His music has been sold and whored out to just about every media outlet possible for probably hundreds of millions, if not more...but his death has nothing to do with that, right? Wait, what's that saying? "You're worth more dead than alive"??

It's true in more cases than not, but there's always exceptions to the rule. Perhaps TDK was one of them, but I seriously doubt that's the case. It made as much as it did because of hype around Ledger and his death. Don't get me wrong - it would've done extremely well regardless, but you cannot sit here and tell me that his death didn't help skyrocket that movie into at least quite a bit of the success it received. It sure as shit wasn't due to Bale's BATEman imitation.

Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus was actually his last film released and it didn't come anywhere near to the third highest grossing film of all time. If his death helped TDK, why not Imaginarium?

Do I really need to answer this question, smartass? :lol: :p :D

I thought we weren't supposed to argue about others "unpopular opinions" in this thread? :p :D

DjfunkmasterG
20-Dec-2010, 06:57 PM
"lost" was a complete and total waste of time.

"seinfeld" is about as funny as a case of leprosy.

"heroes" is cookie cutter kids stuff.

any and all shows that involve regular folks singing and/or dancing are gay as fook.

and and all shows that involve people "racing" from place to place are gay as fook.

the "office" is about as funny as leukemia.

Agreed 100% :lol:

I never understood the appeal of Seinfeld, juts looking at JS makes me wanna punch him in the face. When he opens his mouth I cringe, the shows was the worst 8 years of Television while Cheers was the best 10 years of Televsion.

darth los
20-Dec-2010, 08:25 PM
And people want this stuff to stop !?! :rolleyes:

This shit is awesome.

(Cue Lou with the hot redhead eating the popcorn gif !)

:cool:

rongravy
20-Dec-2010, 10:16 PM
I can think of only one at the moment: Inception was a huge pile of steaming dogshit. Big fucking deal. Would someone stop giving Leo roles to massacre, please? The movie was LAME.
I guess another unpopular one, at least here on this thread, is that Chris Farley is way sweeeter than Heath Ledger. If I had a choice of bringing one back from the dead, it wouldn't be the Joker. I think Crispin Glover would've rocked that role better.
Farley is awesome, the whole Sandler gang is the schnizz. That's all I gots.

bassman
20-Dec-2010, 11:43 PM
Timothy Dalton is criminally underrated as James Bond.
Quantum of Solace was pretty good.
Jack Nicholson's Joker is about as frightening as Ceasar Romero's.
Dawn of the Dead is a pretty shitty flick. Yeah...I said it. I still love it regardless.
The Shrek films are awful. They're filled with current pop culture references that nobody will understand in 10 years.
Braveheart, while not particularly bad, wasn't anything special.
Same for Gladiator.
Funny People is a good drama with bits of comedy sprinkled throughout.
I love Smokey and the Bandit.(not sure if this is generally an unpopular opinion, but all my friends hate it)
Batman Forever, while generous with the cheese, is better than Burton's films.
Not a fan of the Harry Potter films. There's never any real danger when the flick of a stick and a few words of jibberish can solve anything.
The LOTR trilogy is too long and too boring.

clanglee
21-Dec-2010, 12:10 AM
Temple of Doom is my favorite Indy Movie.

I found Crystal Skull to be an entertaining and worthy entry into the Indiana Jones mythos.

I think Wes Craven is one of the worst horror directors of all time.

JDFP
21-Dec-2010, 12:43 AM
Here's a few on my mind...

-- Jack Nicholson kicks Heath Ledger's dead ass at being the Joker.

-- M. Night Shyamalan doesn't get the respect he deserves for his films. He's a better director than Quentin Tarantino who is basically Woody Allen (talk, talk, talk, talk) minus the situational sardonic ironic Jewish humor and an influx of some occasional bits of blood/violence and blowing shit up for good measure to go with the talk, talk, talk.

-- This doesn't mean that Tarantino can't make a decent film. I digged "Kill Bill" because Carradine gave his finest performance in a film. Period.

-- "Inglorious Basterds" is one of the most pompous and arrogant films I've ever seen. Plus, the accent that Brad Pitt has in the film is total bullshit. I live 5 miles from Maynardville, TN. (where his character is supposed to be from) and guess what? PEOPLE DON'T TALK LIKE THAT THERE!

-- "Donnie Darko" is one of the greatest 80's films ever made that wasn't made in the 80's. And that comment makes sense for people who have seen the film. This is also the only film Richard Kelly has made that is any good. "Southland Tales" and "The Box" are both steaming piles of shit (wait, I don't think that's an unpopular opinion).

-- Leni Riefenstahl never got the credit she deserved for being a pioneer of film-making and just a brilliant film-maker. "Triumph of the Will" and "Olympia" are both brilliant.

-- People who like Leni Riefenstahl's films doesn't make someone a Nazi.

-- "Red Dawn" is one of the greatest American films ever made. People who disagree with me are pinko Commie bastards.

-- Arnold Schwarzenneger's best film is "Kindergarten Cop".

-- Ashton Kutcher and Josh Hartnett and Sarah Silverman are all terrible actors. They should just die.

-- Michael Moore's fictional mockumentaries should be labeled as such.

-- Lucio Fulci was a hack director.

-- "The Scary Movie" and "Jack-Ass" films should be used to weed out men and women to know who in society is not allowed to reproduce. People who think these films are funny shouldn't be allowed to have children.

-- Judd Apatow films are shit. This includes, but is not limited to, "Superbad", "Knocked Up", and "Funny People".

-- "Napoleon Dynamite" wasn't funny. It was stupid.

-- "Dogma" wasn't funny. It was stupid.

-- Joel Coen's "Fargo" was completely ruined by the over-the-top accents in the film. Oh yahhh, don'tcha know?

-- Joel Coen's "O Brother Where Art Thou?" was completely ruined b the over-the-top accents in the film.

-- Films that portray ALL Southerners as having a heavily thick Mississippi delta accent or South Carolina Charleston-brogue when they aren't filmed in either location are annoying as piss and instantly make me dislike the film. Not everyone in the South speaks like a fucking backwater hick anymore than everyone from Boston pahk's the cah in the ga'age.

-- Russell Crowe, Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Matt Damon, Leo Dicaprio, and all these sissy and pansy wannabe 'gritty' actors would have their asses kicked by real men actors like Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, Charlton Heston, Robert Mitchum, Powers Boothe, and their ilk were real men actors.

-- Michael Ironside is one of the single greatest actors of all time. He never gets the true respect he deserves.

j.p.

Doc
21-Dec-2010, 02:07 AM
-- "The Scary Movie" and "Jack-Ass" films should be used to weed out men and women to know who in society is not allowed to reproduce. People who think these films are funny shouldn't be allowed to have children.

Add Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, Disaster Movie, Vampires Suck, Date Movie, and Not another Teen Movie in that list too.

-- Michael Ironside is one of the single greatest actors of all time. He never gets the true respect he deserves.

True Dat!

-I love Freddy's Nightmares!
- I love the Friday the 13th tv series! Even though, it has nothing to do with the films.
- The only decent Friday the 13th was the original.
- Gremlins 2 is just as good as Part 1!
- The acting sucked for the most part in "A New Hope".
- Star Wars while, a entertaining series of films have a bunch of plotholes. Yes even the originals.
- I love Back to the Future 3 more then 2.
- American Werewolf in London is a amazing werewolf movie, but it still will always be second to the original 1941 classic.
- I'm honesty not to amazed by "The Thing" remake.
- Most of the classic Disney princesses are bland compared to the 90's princesses.
- Most of Carpenter's 80s works are entirely cheesy fun! Fun to watch, but I just can't take them seriously.
- Jessica Rabbit ain't that hot! :evil:

clanglee
21-Dec-2010, 02:25 AM
- Jessica Rabbit ain't that hot! :evil: well maybe not. . . . . .but Holly Would however., .. . . . . http://www.impawards.com/1992/posters/cool_world_ver1.jpg

blind2d
21-Dec-2010, 02:26 AM
- Jessica Rabbit ain't that hot! :evil:
What's the matter? Don't like red-heads?
Look, I love Jack-ass, and I hate all that other crap you mentioned. Why? Skateboarding. Yeah, Big Brother, what?! Look, it's really not that bad if you take an objective view to it. You think they don't know they're acting like morons? They know, dude... they know. Because it works, and it's just f*cking fun. That's it.
Anyway, more to list:
-Anything by Ralph Bakshi is better than anything by Bill Plympton... but not by much. (look it up!)
-Bruce Lee's best movie was his first one (The Big Boss/Fist of Fury).
-Runners aren't scary... they're silly. (I still love you, DJ!)
-Night '90 was better than the original. (heresy, I know, but c'mon...)
-Linda Linda Linda is a better movie than Almost Famous.

JonOfTheShred
21-Dec-2010, 06:48 AM
With lowered standards, Dawn of the Dead '04 isn't all that bad.

The film-score in Survival of the Dead its biggest fault. (Among many other faults.)

Land of the Dead was awesome despite Big Daddy. One of my favorite movies.

If the acting and characters had been better, Diary of the Dead could've been an awesome movie too.

I hope Romero continues to make Dead films.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Dark Knight is such a terrible example of film-making it literally HURTS when people exalt it. Watchmen, on the other hand, was quite brilliant.

For the same reasons, the recent fake Mortal Kombat trailer making its rounds on the net was even more painful to watch. DON'T let them ruin Mortal Kombat in that way.

Grown Ups wasn't THAT bad. And I actually really liked Click. And while I definitely love Billy Madison, I prefer Little Nicky, Happy Gilmore, and the Wedding Singer to it any day of the week. The Waterboy, on the other hand, was kinda shitty.

The Hot Chick with Rob Schneider is surprisingly hilarious.

I liked Zombieland enough to see it 3 times. I only paid for it one time, but I enjoyed all three viewings.

I agree with whoever said Nicholas Cage was terrible. One of the worst actors I've ever had the misfortune of watching. IN FACT...

Nicholas Cages accent in Con Air ruins every scene its featured in, almost ruining the movie.

30 Days of Night would've been a pretty stellar movie...if it weren't for the vampires "violently shaking head" feasting scenes.

As lame as the acting in the Star Wars prequels was, it was most definitely the CGI that killed the entire thing before it started.

The Matrix pretty much sucks in general. But the first one has an appeal for nostalgic reasons.

I have fond memories of "I Know What You Did Last Summer." But I haven't seen it since the year it was released, when I was but 9 years of age.

I actually have fond memories of Jeepers Creepers too, which came out when I was 13.

I wasn't a fan of House of 1000 Corpses when it came out. However, I feel like I'd enjoy it much more now.

I still like Judd Apatow films, despite the over-exposure.

Will Ferrels best role ever was in Zoolander. His funniest movie was far and away Step Brothers. Step Brothers is probably 100x funnier than Anchorman, which is still awesome, though overrated.

Speaking of Zoolander...Zoolander was fucking awesome.

shootemindehead
21-Dec-2010, 12:36 PM

"I hate everything" should do it, shootem.

Hmmmm...It may be time to change my sig.

LouCipherr
21-Dec-2010, 12:38 PM
- I love the Friday the 13th tv series! Even though, it has nothing to do with the films.

:thumbsup:

Fri13th:The Series was a fantastic show and way ahead of it's time (they were doing stuff on TV that no one else was doing). Not only that, it had Louise Robey in it, back when she was one of the sweetest redhead pieces of.... oh.. I'm rambling, sorry. :lol: :D

I saw someone mention jackass a few messages back - I FUCKING HATE THAT SHOW and everyone involved in it. Bunch of redneck morons who think hurting themselves doing stupid things is funny. Uhhhh, NO. It's not. It's stupid. NEXT!

Adam Sandler - who ever thought this dude had talent? I mean, really?

-- "Inglorious Basterds" is one of the most pompous and arrogant films I've ever seen. Plus, the accent that Brad Pitt has in the film is total bullshit. I live 5 miles from Maynardville, TN. (where his character is supposed to be from) and guess what? PEOPLE DON'T TALK LIKE THAT THERE!

*virtual high-five* Couldn't agree more.

This shit is awesome.

(Cue Lou with the hot redhead eating the popcorn gif !)

Your wish is my command...
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e104/LouCipherr/Forum%20Pics1/ScarJo_popcorn.gif

bassman
21-Dec-2010, 12:44 PM
JD - accents being fucked up is a pretty normal thing. Nine times out of ten they're over the top and not like anything from the region they're portraying. TWD was guilty of that, as well.

I still laugh at Morgan's "did you geit....beit?":lol:

blind2d
21-Dec-2010, 12:49 PM
Lou, Lou, Lou... they're not rednecks... well, maybe Knoxville, but other than that... have you actually sat through an entire episode? It's not all about pain and suffering... anyway, half of the cast is from California, you know... skateboarding, it's cool, I swear... and uh, yes, it is funny. Maybe not to you, but they've made enough money from it to fund over three films, so... yeah, people like it. That's why they keep doing it. Because people still watch.
*sigh* Never mind... I know how stubborn you older folks can be...
"Oi, wot was that?" - Murdoc
Nothing! Sorry.

Trin
21-Dec-2010, 04:14 PM
I can't stand most James Bond movies and have only made it through a handful of them. Although I agree 100% with Bassman that Timothy Dalton was criminally underrated as James bond.

I have never sat through an entire Indiana Jones movie. They bore me to tears.

28 Weeks Later had the potential to be the best outbreak/zombie movie ever after the first half hour, but screwed up so bad in the rest that it is below average at best in total.

28 Days Later did the exact same thing a few years earlier.

Land of the Dead would've been the best zombie movie ever if it had shown 500,000 zombies outside the city that they had to battle through to scavenge supplies. No other changes necessary.

Bubba Ho-Tep displays the dehumanization and discardation of the elderly better than any movie ever. And the JFK character is easily as funny as Bruce campbell's Elvis. "I'm thinking with sand here." "They dyed me this color."

From Dusk Till Dawn is a great vampire movie.

Agree with jdfp about Red Dawn. I watch it whenever it comes on.

The Seventh Sign is one of the most scary and chilling movies ever and I will never watch it again cause I cannot emotionally stand the ending.

Nothing But Trouble is a funny movie and totally underrated. It has Dan Akroid and Chevy Chase in it.

bassman
21-Dec-2010, 04:23 PM
I can't stand most James Bond movies and have only made it through a handful of them. Although I agree 100% with Bassman that Timothy Dalton was criminally underrated as James bond.

If you haven't tried it yet, you should check out Casino Royale. FANTASTIC flick. Not just a good (and possibly best) Bond flick, but just a good movie. Craig's Bond is similar to Dalton's, as well.

Nothing But Trouble is a funny movie and totally underrated. It has Dan Akroid and Chevy Chase in it.

HA! I can't believe I didn't think of this. I love this movie, as well. It's a bit silly, but lots of fun. Let's not forget the late great John Candy. And Tupac. :lol:

LouCipherr
21-Dec-2010, 04:39 PM
Lou, Lou, Lou... they're not rednecks... well, maybe Knoxville, but other than that... have you actually sat through an entire episode? It's not all about pain and suffering...

No, it's about stupid shit all the way across the board - what's your point? :rockbrow:

Wow, ya'll like picking on me for my unpopular opinions, don't ya? :lol: That's ok, I can take it. :p

Yes, I have sat (unfortunately) through a few episodes - against my will, but for sake of bitching about it, I figured I had better see the damn thing before I open my mouth - ok, so perhaps they're not "all" rednecks, but the whole idea of "Jackass" is juvenile and asinine and you might as well be a redneck. (remember, this is about personal, unpopular opinions.. ;))

FYI -

red·neck noun \ˈred-ˌnek\
Definition of REDNECK
1 a white member of the Southern rural laboring class
2 a person whose behavior and opinions are similar to those attributed to rednecks

So :p

Personally, I don't care where they're from, what they do - shows like that getting huge ratings (and movies to boot! WTF?!) is just... it's pathetic. I'm all for "dumb shit" but this is the bottom of the barrel.

Lou = curmudgeon. That's right, I said it. I'm a cranky old man, so what? wanna fight about it? :lol: :lol: :D

DjfunkmasterG
21-Dec-2010, 04:47 PM
Lou = curmudgeon. That's right, I said it. I'm a cranky old man, so what? wanna fight about it? :lol: :lol: :D

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww295/m-lou17/big_2798550.jpg

LouCipherr
21-Dec-2010, 04:54 PM
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww295/m-lou17/big_2798550.jpg

EXACTLY! :lol: :D

blind2d
22-Dec-2010, 12:59 AM
Haha, point taken. I recede. Sorry if I upset you, it's just... I... I love skateboarding so... even the stupidest bits... so yeah, I'm way too biased to be really objective about it.
More stuff!
-3 Ninjas is a better film than Home Alone.
-TMNT is the best '90s film, period.
-Akira is not the best anime film of all time. Nor is Ghost in the Shell. The winner is Spirited Away.
-Steve Buscemi is the best modern actor in America.
-Only the first Jackass movie was any good.
-It's called "Flying Wild", not "Fly Away Home."
-There are too many movies about friggin' boxing.
-Grind had its moments. It wasn't complete crap. Willy and Kareem were great, at least.
-All Christmas movies suck.

Doc
22-Dec-2010, 02:02 AM
-All Christmas movies suck.

Does Nightmare Before Christmas count?

What's the matter? Don't like red-heads?

Nah, I just think she's a tad overrated.

I like "Red" from the Tex Avery cartoon much better.

Ariel from a little mermaid ain't bad.

As for non-animated red-heads I guess that chick from the Friday the 13th series ain't bad like Lou said. :D

blind2d
22-Dec-2010, 05:01 AM
Yes, and yes.
(What the second yes is for... I'm not sure.)

krakenslayer
22-Dec-2010, 09:54 AM
Fincher's Alien 3 is my current favourite of the series.

Fincher's Fight Club is vastly over-rated, unengaging and mean-spirited.

Timothy Dalton is my favourite Bond.

Mike70
22-Dec-2010, 11:03 AM
wow. this is like cultural therapy.

"inglorious bastards" sucked ass. in fact, all of tarantino's movies suck. the lot of them. glib garbage and nothing more.

nic cage is one of the worst actors ever.

"fight club" is without a doubt one of the most overrated movies in the history of films. i simply see no reason why people go gaga over it.

frank miller's work sucks. period. emotionally vacant crap, the lot of it.

"jackass" is for people with a relative age of about 5 or so.

i don't care what anyone says about "titanic", i sat in a theater full of boohooing bitches (seemed like every chick in the place) when that first came out and i will hate it forever because of that experience.

i despise any and all "message" movies. yeah, let's boil complicated things down and solve them in 90 mins.

all visual media is trite and manipulative when you get right down to it. you want to get into something deeply, read a book.

kevin smith's "work" is juvenile, foul mouthed, and idiotic. i'd rather undergo water torture than watch "chasing amy" or "mallrats" or any of his films ever again.

i'm not sure how unpopular this is in the world at large but:

Fulci's work sucks in ways that vanessa del rio would find hard to match. film garbage if it ever has existed.

Danny
22-Dec-2010, 11:41 AM
contrary to the village idiots that make up the cult of cameron avatar sucks, bad writing, bad acting, generic score nothing about it is original, nothing about it is entertaining and its only defense is "but the cgi was good" like they are recommending it to a member of some herd dwelling cattle species that merely wishes for a nice light show to graze on for 3 hours. whereas i demand something a little better from my "OMG BEST FILM EVARRRR!!!"
Its cheap shitty sci-fi you have to be mad to enjoy.

Avatar is the scientology of the movie world. deal with it.jpg

bassman
22-Dec-2010, 12:40 PM
Life Of Brian is by far Monty Python's best film. Holy Grail is overrated.
While not horrible, I've never understood the love for Blade Runner. Just "meh", really.
Platoon is the best Vietnam film. Apocalypse Now, while I love it, is not a vietnam film.
Million Dollar Baby was pretty bad. Even worse when you consider it's Eastwood's. It didn't deserve all the attention.
Conquest is my favorite Planet of the Apes film. Followed by the original and Escape. Beneath blows.
Tim Burton has more good films left in him, he just needs to get off the remake kick. Big Fish was a fantastic and heartwarming flick.
Let the Right One In is nothing special and quite boring at times.
The King Kong remake was pretty good. The best remake of the original we'll ever see.
Christmas Vacation is better than the original Vacation.
Will Smith can be a great actor. Anyone who thinks otherwise has clearly only seen his summer blockbusters.
I liked Click.
Kill Bill Volume 2 was miles ahead of Volume 1.
Mission Impossible 2 is my favorite of the series.
Jersey Girl is a good flick. I didn't think so at first, but after starting a family and a second viewing...it's good stuff.
While I love Godfather and Goodfellas, Donnie Brasco may be my favorite mobster film.
Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a perfect fitting addition to the Jones series.
CGI, if used to enhance rather than CREATE a scene, is a fantastic addition to movie making.
Unbreakable was Shamylan's only great film.
Arlington Road is underrated.
Dantes Peak was miles ahead of Volcano.

LouCipherr
22-Dec-2010, 12:44 PM
Haha, point taken. I recede. Sorry if I upset you, it's just... I... I love skateboarding so... even the stupidest bits... so yeah, I'm way too biased to be really objective about it.

No, no, it's cool blind, no offense taken. I was just laughing 'cause I got called out on my 'unpopular opinion' twice. It's all good, matter of fact, I like the debates (even though I'm piss-poor at it.. :lol:)

As for non-animated red-heads I guess that chick from the Friday the 13th series ain't bad like Lou said. :D

:thumbsup: :D

wow. this is like cultural therapy.

No kidding, man. This is fun!

"fight club" is without a doubt one of the most overrated movies in the history of films. i simply see no reason why people go gaga over it.

COULD. NOT. AGREE. MORE. :thumbsup:

Kingdom of the Crystal Skull is a perfect fitting addition to the Jones series.

Even despite the fridge fiasco? :lol: ;)

bassman
22-Dec-2010, 12:58 PM
Even despite the fridge fiasco? :lol: ;)

It's not any worse than the silly stuff in the original three, but we've been through all this. :p:moon:

LouCipherr
22-Dec-2010, 01:03 PM
All Christmas movies suck.

How about DIE HARD? :D :D

It's not any worse than the silly stuff in the original three, but we've been through all this. :p:moon:

Oh, I agree with you 100%, I was just checkin'... :lol: :D

bassman
22-Dec-2010, 01:04 PM
How about DIE HARD? :D :D

And Lethal Weapon. The two most ass-kicking christmas movies ever made. :cool:

LouCipherr
22-Dec-2010, 01:06 PM
And Lethal Weapon. The two most ass-kicking christmas movies ever made. :cool:

:thumbsup:

I completely forgot Lethal Weapon was an xmas movie. :D

blind2d
22-Dec-2010, 01:26 PM
I may have to re-evaluate.... never seen DH or LW, so... yeah... huh. Had no idea...
That said, we need a brunette, man. Holly is blond, Jessica is a ginger... we need a brunette, for real.
More?! You heard right!
-The Animatrix is better than The Matrix.
-2001 was boring and trippy. Nothing else.
-Only the first three Pokemon movies were any good. Even the third one could've been a lot better...
-Galaxy Quest was better than any Star Trek movie. Including the new one.

LouCipherr
22-Dec-2010, 01:33 PM
I may have to re-evaluate.... never seen DH or LW, so... yeah... huh. Had no idea...

http://www.ohiomm.com/blogs/blog_mass_destruction/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/blasphemy.bmp

bassman
22-Dec-2010, 01:35 PM

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1238409288_adam-slapped.gif

-Galaxy Quest was better than any Star Trek movie. Including the new one.

Love, love, LOVE Galaxy Quest, dude. Hilarious flick.

DjfunkmasterG
22-Dec-2010, 01:56 PM
HOW CAN ANYONE NOT HAVE SEEN DIE HARD AND LETHAL WEAPON?

Dude, were you living in a cave, raised as a Jehovah's Witness or just not allowed to watch awesome TV?

bassman
22-Dec-2010, 02:07 PM
Maybe he saw the 80's-tastic trailer and it put him off?

kxB69wonwXg?fs=1&hl=en_US

:lol: I love that cheesy trailer. Anyone recognize that music from Hot Fuzz?

LouCipherr
22-Dec-2010, 02:52 PM

Dude, were you living in a cave, raised as a Jehovah's Witness or just not allowed to watch awesome TV?

That's probably why he likes Jackass. :lol: :lol: (j/k, blind. :D)

:lol: I love that cheesy trailer. Anyone recognize that music from Hot Fuzz?

YES! It was Dj who first pointed that out to me, but now I can't stop thinking LW when I hear that music in HF. :D

JDFP
22-Dec-2010, 03:07 PM
A few Christmas films that most certainly don't suck...

-- "It's A Wonderful Life" and "A Christmas Story" are both Christmas movies and are amongst the very few Christmas stories that do NOT suck.

And if you dislike "It's a Wonderful Life" you're just not an American, and if you dislike "A Christmas Story" than you should go stick your tongue to a metal pole with ice on it! I triple dog dare you!

:D:p

j.p.

darth los
22-Dec-2010, 03:23 PM
Thumbs up on "It's a wonderful life". :thumbsup:

:cool:

bassman
22-Dec-2010, 03:29 PM
Those Christmas movies are nice and all, but Christmas Vacation is the best EVAR! :p

EvilNed
22-Dec-2010, 03:29 PM

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/5/20/129188505218201962.jpg

But Galaxy Quest was awesome, yes.

blind2d
22-Dec-2010, 07:10 PM
Martial arts movies replaced american action flicks in my life... sorry about that... scary movies, too.
Oh yeah... Wonderful Life... okay, I take that one back, then.
Don't live under a rock... despite what you may have heard...

Doc
22-Dec-2010, 08:31 PM
That said, we need a brunette, man. Holly is blond, Jessica is a ginger... we need a brunette, for real.

-Only the first three Pokemon movies were any good. Even the third one could've been a lot better...

Pokemon 2000 was the best!

Don't like Mewtwo Returns? I though that one was very decent.

As for burnette cartoon well, I was always partial to Belle.

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Belle-disney-121586_1024_768.jpg

Now, if you mean a burnette in films with animation, and live action combination then yes one is defiantly needed! Or wait wasn't that chick in Enchanted burnette? Anyway....

i don't care what anyone says about "titanic", i sat in a theater full of boohooing bitches (seemed like every chick in the place) when that first came out and i will hate it forever because of that experience.

:lol::lol:

I like Titanic, but I admittedly this made me laugh.

Never seen Lethal Weapon either. Or care too. :shifty:

- Night of the Living Dead is Romero's scariest film!

- Hot Fuzz is better then Shaun of the Dead.

- I like the zombie Jason sequels!

- Freddy's Revenge PT. 2 is just as scary as the original!

- Friday Pt. 6 despite, a fun Friday film is ridiculous.

- Beneath the Planet of the Apes isn't that bad. :p

- Despite, the original being the best of the 'Ape' series my favorite is 'Escape'.

- Jessica Lange is pretty hot in the 1976 Kong remake! Oh wait....that ain't unpopular is it? :elol:

- The original Fly isn't just another cheesy B-movie.

- Despite, the hate it gets now E.T. is still a great film.

- It might be the best of the Dollars Trilogy, but to me The Good, The Bad, and Ugly has the weakest villain in the Dollars trilogy. In terms of development I mean.

bassman
22-Dec-2010, 08:43 PM
You've seen all of the shit Nightmare and Friday sequels, but not the original Lethal Weapon? I'll tell ya....kids today...:rant:

:p

BillyRay
22-Dec-2010, 08:56 PM
Mystery Men is the Greatest superhero movie ever made.

blind2d
23-Dec-2010, 01:00 AM
Yeah Doc, that's what I meant. And no, I don't really consider Enchanted to count as one of those types of films... since they change into humans in the human world, and all... wait, that happened in Cool World, didn't it? But still... yeah... I don't know.
-Road House is the best Patrick Swayze movie.

EvilNed
23-Dec-2010, 11:31 AM
- 96% of all anime is pure shit. Even the ones people say are more "serious" attempts like Princess Mononoke and Perfect Blue. They're all shit.

- Infact, the Japanese are not very good at making films overall. Most of their stuff consists of overacting, horrible clichés and hilarious melodrama (This applies to the aforementioned anime genre as well). I figure that's just the way Japanese cinema has evolved.

- Everyone says South Park is just getting better and better. I'm not convinced. Infact, South Park just isn't as funny anymore. Period.

- I agree that Hot Fuzz is better than Shaun, but I believe that's the general consensus anyway.

blind2d
23-Dec-2010, 02:10 PM
- 96% of all anime is pure shit. Even the ones people say are more "serious" attempts like Princess Mononoke and Perfect Blue. They're all shit.

- Infact, the Japanese are not very good at making films overall. Most of their stuff consists of overacting, horrible clichés and hilarious melodrama (This applies to the aforementioned anime genre as well). I figure that's just the way Japanese cinema has evolved.
No offense, but... you're wrong. I hope you know that. No more to be said.
-Fictional movies are better than real ones.

LouCipherr
23-Dec-2010, 02:17 PM
- Everyone says South Park is just getting better and better. I'm not convinced. Infact, South Park just isn't as funny anymore. Period.

YES! FINALLY someone who agrees with me. South Park was somewhat funny in the beginning and has steadily gown downhill each and every season to the point of where when I see it now, I instantly change the channel. If I didn't, i fear I might throw my remote through my television screen. It's just fucking annoying now. :p

DjfunkmasterG
23-Dec-2010, 02:59 PM
South Park is total trash, always has been always will be. Never cared for the series and I think a lot of praise heaped upon SP is just not deserved in any way shape or form.

EvilNed
23-Dec-2010, 05:36 PM
No offense, but... you're wrong. I hope you know that. No more to be said.
-Fictional movies are better than real ones.

Sorry, but shit doesn't float my boat. :p

blind2d
23-Dec-2010, 07:54 PM
Alright... you DID say 96%... so what is this remaining 4% that you actually like, or at least consider decent? Inquiring minds (tired of the negativity) want to know!
Baka gaijin... - Noodle
Now Noodle, it's just one guy's opinion... don't get so upset.
Oh! I've got one! Er... Dawn of the Dead is the best movie of all time! Period! - 2D
Shut yer face, you moppet. Everyone knows the best film of them all is Nosferatu. Killer track by Blue Oyster Cult, as well. - Murdoc
I always thought School of Rock was good, but I think they missed a lot of potential... - Russel

EvilNed
23-Dec-2010, 09:19 PM
I haven't seen a good one yet, I just assume it can't all be shit (even though all evidence seems to point in that direction).

Anyway, what's with you questioning everyone's tastes? I thought this was a thread to vent "unpopular film opinions"? It's cool though, it's just I don't see any reason to defend my opinion.

Oh, and Blind?

http://protaku.com/pics/fuck_anime.jpg

bassman
23-Dec-2010, 09:30 PM
you back off blind. He, he, he, he, and he doesn't mean any harm. :p

Doc
24-Dec-2010, 12:28 AM
Have you seen Cowboy Bebop, Ned? I personally think it's a great anime. I admit most anime is only good for entertainment purposes like say Naruto, Bleach, or Pokemon.

EvilNed
24-Dec-2010, 12:37 AM
"Cowboy Bepob" sounds like WW2 slang for some STD I'd rather not catch, so no thanks.

blind2d
24-Dec-2010, 01:18 AM
Close-minded... never mind, ya obviously ain't worth my time...
As for "Fuck Anime"... I do, thank you very much...
More shit!
-The Iron Giant is the best american animated film to come out in the past decade, or so.
-Enchanted sucks balls.
-The Drawn Together Movie: The Movie was not as bad as you think.
-Chuck Norris' only good film was Sidekicks.

Andy
24-Dec-2010, 01:34 AM
Absolultly love reading through topics like these, its like hearing people confess their dirty secrets, ok mine...

- Zombieland was shit, i dont care what anyone says.. it didnt make me laugh, it didnt entertain me, it didnt frighten me.. it just sucked ass. The only thing worth while was seeing bill murray.
- I think horror movies peaked in the 1970's and have been going downhill since.
- Running zombies are ok when done properly.
- Dawn of the dead, yes the original, really isnt that great.. its a good film but the more i watch it the more i dislike it, its too cheesy and hammy even for me.
- The Terminator is far better than T2.
- The blair witch project was awesome.
- Sleepaway camp movies are awesome.

Thats all i can think of for now, am sure there's alot more.

Trin
24-Dec-2010, 02:13 AM
Stardust (2007 w/De Niro, Claire Danes) is one of the richest and complex storyline movies around, with plot twists and imagination galore. Every movie or show we talk about on this board needs to take a cue from Stardust about how to develop plot, storyline, and characters.

krisvds
24-Dec-2010, 07:13 AM
The Italians were better at making horror films than anybody else in the sixties/seventies.

Hayao Myazaki is one of the best filmmakers alive now.

The Wrestler is Aronofsky's best film

Domicile Conjugal is a better 'Doinel' film than les 400 coups.

For a few dollars more is the best in the dollars trilogy.

Django, The Mercenary and The Great Silence are just as good as any western Leone ever directed.

Zombieland was boring

Day of the dead is the best zombie film ever.

28 days/weeks later, are both fantastic films.

The Strangers is a great little horror film.

Mike70
24-Dec-2010, 03:15 PM
A
- I think horror movies peaked in the 1970's and have been going downhill since.
- The Terminator is far better than T2.

a round of applause

http://www.gamerdna.com/uimage/XRh16IT4/full/applause-gif.gif

Doc
25-Dec-2010, 09:48 PM
Ave Satani is scarier than Tubular Bells!

I KNOW BLASPHEMY!

SymphonicX
26-Dec-2010, 09:24 AM
Saw Avatar in 3D at home on Christmas Eve - loved every single second of it and thought it deserved very little criticism whatsoever. Also people who don't get the "unobtanium" joke are idiots.

Here's a really controversial one...

Inception was brilliant - most would possibly agree - but anyone who watched it with one eye closed and didn't get it deserves to be slapped. There was NOTHING complicated about inception and I could even recount the entire third act's dream sequences even 4 months after seeing it. People who say "you need to watch it a couple of times" - especially TV presenters for movie shows who patronise the audience into believing they wouldn't understand it, are idiots and shitheads! Except for everyone who replies to this saying "oi!!"

bassman
26-Dec-2010, 01:07 PM
Inception was brilliant - most would possibly agree - but anyone who watched it with one eye closed and didn't get it deserves to be slapped. There was NOTHING complicated about inception and I could even recount the entire third act's dream sequences even 4 months after seeing it. People who say "you need to watch it a couple of times" - especially TV presenters for movie shows who patronise the audience into believing they wouldn't understand it, are idiots and shitheads! Except for everyone who replies to this saying "oi!!"

Well consider me a shithead.:p I understand the basics of the ending, but after three viewings I'm still trying to figure out how Cobb comes back to reality without any kicks in the lower level of dreams. Then again....maybe he didn't come back to reality at all.

SymphonicX
26-Dec-2010, 01:57 PM
I think that was the hint yeah - you're not supposed to know that!

bassman
26-Dec-2010, 02:16 PM
I think that was the hint yeah - you're not supposed to know that!

And more importantly.....he doesn't know or care either.

SymphonicX
26-Dec-2010, 02:21 PM
very true - anyway I think your question actually shows a good understanding of what was happening - the idiots I'm talking about say "eh, what's a kick" - at which point I get tempted to show them!

EvilNed
26-Dec-2010, 04:24 PM
Didn't really have a problem following the plot either. Good film, tho.

Danny
26-Dec-2010, 06:20 PM
die hard 3 is the best die hard movie.

BRING IT THE FUCK ON, COME AT ME BRO.

Doc
26-Dec-2010, 06:25 PM
Best in terms of what Hellsing? Everything, or certain aspects?

Danny
26-Dec-2010, 07:06 PM
Best in terms of what Hellsing? Everything, or certain aspects?

funniest, best one liners, best villain, best set pieces, best everything. haters gon' hate all day erry'day.

AcesandEights
27-Dec-2010, 12:39 AM
funniest, best one liners, best villain, best set pieces, best everything. haters gon' hate all day erry'day.

Hated it in the theater, but really enjoyed it upon subsequent viewings. Even still, that doesn't excuse the film lacking a passably enjoyable, dramatic or well thought out ending. That was a big ball they dropped, in my opinion.

LouCipherr
28-Dec-2010, 02:10 PM
Absolultly love reading through topics like these, its like hearing people confess their dirty secrets, ok mine...

- Zombieland was shit, i dont care what anyone says.. it didnt make me laugh, it didnt entertain me, it didnt frighten me.. it just sucked ass. The only thing worth while was seeing bill murray.

Hey Andy, let me take that in a completely different direction: I loved Zombieland, however, I think the entire Bill Murray sequence was completely unnecessary and shouldn't have been in the film.

*prepares for bassman's wrath*

Seriously though, i don't see the whole point of that sequence at all. Sure, the "don't cross the streams!"/ghostbusters thing was funny, but it made no sense to stick that in the middle of this flick. None. :p

bassman
28-Dec-2010, 02:24 PM
*prepares for bassman's wrath*

Seriously though, i don't see the whole point of that sequence at all. Sure, the "don't cross the streams!"/ghostbusters thing was funny, but it made no sense to stick that in the middle of this flick. None. :p

There wasn't a point to the entire movie, dude. It's about a guy and some kids looking for twinkies!:lol: The only thing Zombieland set out to achieve is to make you laugh....and that's all the Murray sequence was for.

The alien sequence in Life Of Brian was pointless to the plot, but it was still funny as hell. Comedies don't have to stick to one strict plotline...

Trin
28-Dec-2010, 02:36 PM
I liked Zombieland an awful lot but the BM cameo wasn't stand-out for me. It was good. I laughed. But it did come at a price to some of my immersion in the story. And I maintain that if they're going to "go there" they needed to have BM say as his only regret, "Well, Kingpin..." and have Tallahasee wholeheartedly agree that it was BM's only stupid/bad movie.

LouCipherr
28-Dec-2010, 02:37 PM
There wasn't a point to the entire movie, dude. It's about a guy and some kids looking for twinkies!:lol: The only thing Zombieland set out to achieve is to make you laugh....and that's all the Murray sequence was for.

But in a movie full of laughs, that sequence (to me) was completely unnecessary. It seemed like it was just a sequence to show him off and seemed totally out of place. I didn't need Murray to make the movie funny/funnier. ;)

I liked Zombieland an awful lot but the BM cameo wasn't stand-out for me. It was good. I laughed. But it did come at a price to some of my immersion in the story.

*nods in agreement*

bassman
28-Dec-2010, 02:50 PM
Imagine how bad it would've been if their original choice had accepted....Patrick Swayze. :|

LouCipherr
28-Dec-2010, 03:39 PM
Imagine how bad it would've been if their original choice had accepted....Patrick Swayze. :|

Even worse. :lol:

bassman
28-Dec-2010, 03:41 PM
No "He could play the zombie" joke, Lou? You're slacking, brother, youre slacking. You must be lacking your daily minimum requirement of bacon juice...

LouCipherr
28-Dec-2010, 03:44 PM
No "He could play the zombie" joke, Lou? You're slacking, brother, youre slacking. You must be lacking your daily minimum requirement of bacon juice...

I'm still recovering from xmas, man. My bacon-meter is off-kilter.

BTW: Dj pointed something out to me the other day (this is bacon-related): someone who worked on DL2 was also on the set for a Kevin Bacon film. That means I am two degrees from KEVIN fucking BACON! :lol: :lol: My bacon meter is 2! WTF!? :D

"My wife says if I keep this up, I'll turn into Kevin Bacon." *crosses fingers*

bassman
28-Dec-2010, 03:46 PM
"What's my favorite Kevin Bacon film? It's a tie between....I dunno....all of em? heh heh heh"

LouCipherr
28-Dec-2010, 03:49 PM
"What's my favorite Kevin Bacon film? It's a tie between....I dunno....all of em? heh heh heh"

"They're under the ground!" *southern emphasis on 'ground'*

I can't get that inflection he uses by by typing it - but I love how he says "ground" in that. :D

Trin
28-Dec-2010, 06:14 PM
That touches on an interesting point. While I wasn't over-the-top with the Bill Murray cameo, I will say that Bill Murray is what made the entire idea of the scene work. Maybe someone else could've done it, and done it as well, but it's hard to imagine. It was just funnier cause BM is the pinnacle of slacker guy. The slacker from Stripes... the slacker from Ghostbusters... the slacker from Meatballs. The fact that the slacker guy survives with his slacker behaviors is what sells the scene.

blind2d
28-Dec-2010, 07:47 PM
Remember when this thread wasn't about Murray in Zombieland? I miss those days...
With that said, I think that was the only part of the film I halfway enjoyed... simply because "Oh hey look, isn't that Bill Murray?! Hey! It is! Well, whaddya know?!"
On to the actual subject of this thread!!
-'The Meaning of Life' is Monty Python's worst film, almost tied with 'The Holy Grail'. (It should be noted that TMoL is also my favorite one of theirs, at present.)
-'Supersize Me' is better than 'Fast Food Nation'.
-Any and all sequels to 'The Neverending Story' suck.

LouCipherr
28-Dec-2010, 08:26 PM
Remember when this thread wasn't about Murray in Zombieland? I miss those days....

Yeah, I also remember this from the first page:

Please, let us not start arguments, fights, or flame wars.

Then I got jumped on. None of this is working as planned, eh? :lol: :D

bassman
28-Dec-2010, 08:38 PM
Remember when this thread wasn't about Murray in Zombieland? I miss those days...

Says the guy who often spouts nonsense comments as if he contains the multiple personalities that make up the fake music group, Gorillaz. :lol:

Doc
28-Dec-2010, 11:38 PM
Then I got jumped on. None of this is working as planned, eh? :lol: :D

Well, it was worth a try. :-/

- The original 1983 He-Man cartoon sucked. Well, ok it was funny! I'll give it that!

- In fact alot of the 80's cartoons are silly. Thundercats, and Transformers were the only good ones.

- The 90's, and early 2000's were probably the peak of many action-oriented cartoons.

- The 1987 He-Man Movie is watchable.

- I like Ghostbusters 2 more then the original. :-X

- Never liked Dirty Harry

- Stephen King's non-horror novels are better than his horror work.

blind2d
28-Dec-2010, 11:52 PM
Says the guy who often spouts nonsense comments as if he contains the multiple personalities that make up the fake music group, Gorillaz. :lol:
What are you talking about?! The music is real! And I try to stay on topic! Anyway...
-'Killer Clowns from Outer Space' is the best "scary clowns" movie ever... 'IT' is shit, in comparison... -2D
-I still say the only good movie about ninjas is that one with the trees... erm, what's it called again? Um... yeh, trees... f*ck it, I'm off. - Murdoc
-'Tokyo Godfathers' is Satoshi Kon's worst film. - Noodle
-Zzzzzt! ZZZzzzTT!! - Cyborg Noodle
-'Space Jam' is the best movie about aliens playing basketball. Not enough food in it... -Russel

LouCipherr
29-Dec-2010, 01:54 PM
Well, it was worth a try. :-/

Yes, that it was.

Here's another, apparently unpopular opinion I have:

-Kevin Smith's new RED STATE trailer doesn't look like a horror film. It looks more like a suspense/thriller.

:p :D

Doc
31-Dec-2010, 08:40 AM
- Terminator 3 is a fun film. :-X

- Breakfast Club is amazing, but Ferris Bueller is Huges best.

- Spiderman 3 is also a fun film.

- Batman would never work in a Justice League film.

- Toy Story 2 is inferior to the original.

- Jurassic Park 2 and 3 are super fun!

- Leprechaun (1993) has it's moments!

- The 2002 He-Man cartoon, and the 2003 Teenage Ninja Turtle cartoons are better than their originals.

- And probably will get staked, but I never found John Belushi that funny. :-X

acealive1
02-Jan-2011, 04:50 AM
the dark knight. WTF moment of the year. it looked like 3 different films put together with no real ending.

Danny
02-Jan-2011, 04:59 AM
aliens and alien 3 are better than alien and aside from those 3 all the others are terrible and you should feel bad for clicking reply with quote to disagree. Your mother and i are very disappointed in you for doing so.

blind2d
03-Jan-2011, 01:44 AM
I have to agree with you, hellsing... does that negate the "unpopularity" of your opinion? I hope not! I should like to think I'm VERY unpopular!
"I just have to say this... Snoop Dogg's 'Hood of Horror' was the best horror film to come out of the year 2006, ya dig?" - Russel "Hound of Hell" Hobbs
"You Americans... all you do is talk and talk! Wahwahwahwaaah! Anyway, y'know, like, I've always thought the worst horror film of all was 'Plan 9', right? But then I watch the original piece of shit that is 'Last House on the Left', and I am absolutely gobsmacked! I mean, at least put some tits in there! Oh yeah... oh, right... hahahahaha!" - Murdoc "Hellspawn" Niccals
"Right, so like, the worst horror film I ever saw was 'Return of the Living Dead'. I mean, talking zombies?! What's that all about?" - 2D "20/20"
"I think the best film ever made in live action is Kurosawa's legendary 'Seven Samurai'. With that said, um, it seems to me that the worst film made using live actors is, um... 'A Christmas Story', because it is a mean-spirited take on what could have been a heartwarming holiday adventure. Yeah, and also, everyday, if you listen... so sorry, I forgot the rest..." - Noodle "Living Dead Girl"
"ZZZTT!!" - Cyborg Noodle "Replicant 23"
And as far as I go, all those movie's mentioned by those guys up there suck anus. Monkey anus. Mike's anus. Yes, even 'Seven Samurai'. I hate it.

rongravy
09-Jan-2011, 02:14 PM
Temple of Doom is my favorite Indy Movie.

I found Crystal Skull to be an entertaining and worthy entry into the Indiana Jones mythos.
Although I saw Raiders 3 times at the theaters as a child, another story all to itself, I like that one the best, too. It was just a good time in my young life.

Timothy Dalton is criminally underrated as James Bond.
Quantum of Solace was pretty good.
Jack Nicholson's Joker is about as frightening as Ceasar Romero's.
Dawn of the Dead is a pretty shitty flick. Yeah...I said it. I still love it regardless.
The Shrek films are awful. They're filled with current pop culture references that nobody will understand in 10 years.
Braveheart, while not particularly bad, wasn't anything special.
Same for Gladiator.
Funny People is a good drama with bits of comedy sprinkled throughout.
I love Smokey and the Bandit.(not sure if this is generally an unpopular opinion, but all my friends hate it)
Batman Forever, while generous with the cheese, is better than Burton's films.
Not a fan of the Harry Potter films. There's never any real danger when the flick of a stick and a few words of jibberish can solve anything.
The LOTR trilogy is too long and too boring.

I'm gonna agree with you on everything except the Bond stuff. I grew up with Octapussy, and Moonraker, so Roger Moore will always be the Bomb/Bond for me. The new guy just doesn't cut it. Even Dalton was better than that crap. Besides, fuck Bond, let's get some Remo Williams love all over da place...

bassman
09-Jan-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm gonna agree with you on everything except the Bond stuff. I grew up with Octapussy, and Moonraker, so Roger Moore will always be the Bomb/Bond for me. The new guy just doesn't cut it. Even Dalton was better than that crap. Besides, fuck Bond, let's get some Remo Williams love all over da place...

Not that i'm arguing with your opinion, just curious what turned you off of Caino Royale? Was it the more "realistic" approach?

rongravy
09-Jan-2011, 02:34 PM
I will say, even though his appearance at (some sort of premiere or something else) where he was wearing a lifevest, which was very unBond-like, I gave the guy a chance. I just didn't LIKE it. He just didn't have the Bond charm like Moore and Connery. The only one to even tap into it was Pierce Brosnan, but he totally petered out. Realism? That's all nice, but that's not what ANYONE goes to see a Bond film for.

MikePizzoff
09-Jan-2011, 02:40 PM
- In fact alot of the 80's cartoons are silly. Thundercats, and Transformers were the only good ones.

Seriously? Did you never watch GI Joe?

- The 90's, and early 2000's were probably the peak of many action-oriented cartoons.

I'm willing to bet the only reason you say this is because you're only 18 years old - you were at the age they market those cartoons toward when they were out.

- The 1987 He-Man Movie is watchable.

I will agree with you here. Masters Of The Universe is not just watchable, it's enjoyable. I own it on DVD.

- Breakfast Club is amazing, but Ferris Bueller is Huges best.

I'll agree on this one, too.

- The 2002 He-Man cartoon, and the 2003 Teenage Ninja Turtle cartoons are better than their originals.

Again - you're only 18.

bassman
09-Jan-2011, 02:44 PM
Ron, I see. I personally thought Craig is the most badass bond of them all. Craig and Dalton are the only two that seem like they could actually hold their own in hand to hand combat. Connery and Moore(while I love them for what they were - especially Connery), seemed more like they would complain about their hair being ruffled or dirt under their nails. :lol:

Every Bond actor brings their own special qualities to it, I suppose. I like them all for various different reasons.

Casino Royale, though? I adore that film. It's constantly racing against Goldfinger for my #1 bond film spot. Most of the time winning out. It was just great to see Bond become...well....the Bond that we know. Casino Royale is a damn near flawless Bond film, imo.

Doc - what about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? That show basically raised me. :p

Doc
09-Jan-2011, 10:57 PM
Seriously? Did you never watch GI Joe?

Yeah, and to be honest it didn't interest me in the least. Not a bad show or anything, but not my kinda thing.

I'm willing to bet the only reason you say this is because you're only 18 years old - you were at the age they market those cartoons toward when they were out.

What, Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, Justice League Unlimited, He-Man (2002), X-Men (1992), Avatar: The Last Airbender Cartoon, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003), Gargoyles don't capture you fancy? :(

Their not perfect of course, but all had some pretty mature themes and were step up from 80's toons.

Now, to be fair 80's still had some good toons. The Real Ghostbusters is one I forgot about the first 2 seasons were great, but then it went on decline. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles also had a good first 5 episodes, and nothing after that reached those episodes, but it was still ok. Unfortunately, this series also suffered the longer it went along too. :-/ Not horrible mind you just not up to par with the first few seasons. Granted I haven't watch the seasons where this "Lord Dregg" character comes in.

Maybe, your right that nostalgia might be blinding me a little about the 2003 Turtles being better. Though, I guess we can agree both series have their up, and downs.

He-Man on the other hand not so much.....The new 2002 series defiantly, had depth, actual storylines, and character development. The original He-Man cartoon....not so much.:|

Granted if you like it that's cool! But, I disagree that it's superior. Except, for music the if there's one thing the original 80's toons are superior it's music! The Original He-Man theme is epic! And the original TMNT's theme is catchy! :D

bassman
09-Jan-2011, 11:05 PM
What, Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS...

Those two shows are legendary in my book. Particularly Batman. Some of, if not THE best on-screen batman stories ever told. Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, Kevin Conroy, and company really made a classic. Not just for kids, just good damn television.

I need to see about picking that series up on BR. The first few seasons, anyway(91'ish - 96'ish?).

Doc
09-Jan-2011, 11:09 PM
Do you like the "New Adventures" Bass? Alot fans say that's when it went on "decline", but to be fair other then, the bad character designs the stories were still essentially, the same. They weren't kiddie down, or inferior imo.

bassman
09-Jan-2011, 11:12 PM
Do you like the "New Adventures" Bass? Alot fans say that's when it went on "decline", but to be fair other then, the bad character designs the stories were still essentially, the same. They weren't kiddie down, or inferior imo.

I'm not sure. I don't think so. I remember it was originally just called "Batman". Then they added "TAS" to the title, but I think it started going downhill in later seasons and they changed it to "The Adventures of Batman and Robin".

Then in recent years they've come out with Batman Beyond and The Batman, but those aren't my thing.

Doc
09-Jan-2011, 11:17 PM
In 1997, about WB started airing Batman, and Superman back to back. It became known as, the "The New Batman/Superman Adventures". Showing new episodes for each.

Alot say that it went downhill during that time, but I tend to disagree.

8M9FSGy8Gnk

One of the best themes for any cartoon, I've seen.!

bassman
09-Jan-2011, 11:20 PM
Oh yeah. I think I have seen a few of those, but not enough to really comment. Like I said, the original Batman cartoon was my thing. When that started changing into all these spinoffs I lost interest.

Too bad I never see Batman TAS on tv anymore...

Doc
09-Jan-2011, 11:32 PM
So, you haven't seen the rest of the DC Animated Universe shows yet Bass? :eek:

- The Assault on Precint 13 remake is ok.
- Tales from the Darkside has a scarier theme than the Twilight Zone
- Clubber Lang is a pretty silly opponent in Rocky 3.
- The War of the Worlds 2004 remake isn't that bad!
- I like Speilberg's "Oscar" type films like Saving Private Ryan, A.I., and Schindler's List.
-

bassman
09-Jan-2011, 11:53 PM
So, you haven't seen the rest of the DC Animated Universe shows yet Bass? :eek:

the Justice League shows? Wasn't a fan. The only other DC Animated show I can think of is Superman, which I liked. Also looking forward to Green Lantern later this year. Made by the same crew as Batamn. Should be good...

JDFP
10-Jan-2011, 12:20 AM
- Tales from the Darkside has a scarier theme than the Twilight Zone
-

Man, the "Tales from the Darkside" theme still freaks me out today. I'm 30 and it still spooks me when I hear it.

It's just one of those themes that just stick with you.

As far as 80's themes, one of my favorites would have to be the "Knightrider" theme song. I have it on a CD and when I listen to it it's hard for me to not speed up to about 100 in my 'Vette jamming to it.

nMB6eUujR7w

j.p.

bassman
10-Jan-2011, 12:26 AM
Darkside wins against the 80's Twilight Zone series, but up against the original TZ intro it's a bit...well...crappy. :p

JDFP
10-Jan-2011, 12:36 AM
Darkside wins against the 80's Twilight Zone series, but up against the original TZ intro it's a bit...well...crappy. :p

No love for The Grateful Dead, Bassy? I thought the 80's "TZ" theme was excellent as well, even though "Darkside" is a touch better just for sheer creepiness of the voice over.

j.p.

blind2d
10-Jan-2011, 01:04 AM
I like Swat Cats... Gargoyles was pretty neat... anybody remember the live-action TMNT series a few years back? Or was that a mini-series? With the girl turtle? Crazy stuff, man.
Remember that cartoon with the mummy superheroes? That was weird. Had a toy from it...
Yeah, Batman: The animated series... best Batman ever. Better than any of the live action films, imo.
Anyway, back to the list!
-Megazone 23: part one is just as good as part two!
-Bad Taste is Peter Jackson's best film.
-MVP: Most Vertical Primate is the best film to feature Shitty Sheckler as a skateboarding monkey...
-Thrashin' is a better movie than Gleaming the Cube.
-Return of the Jedi is better than Empire Strikes Back.

Doc
10-Jan-2011, 02:02 AM
the Justice League shows? Wasn't a fan. The only other DC Animated show I can think of is Superman, which I liked. Also looking forward to Green Lantern later this year. Made by the same crew as Batamn. Should be good...

Really? I always found Justice League, and Justice League Unlimited to be the peak of the entire thing. Though, I can see why it wouldn't be to everyone's tastes.

Maybe, Static Shock, or Zeta Project will capture your fancy then!

Really to me it makes the original Twilight Zone sound very angelic in comparison. :eek:

-Return of the Jedi is better than Empire Strikes Back.

Don't know about a better film, but I do prefer 'Jedi' to 'Empire'.