PDA

View Full Version : The Dead, Ford brothers zombie film

krisvds
20-Dec-2010, 08:55 AM
Anyone seen this? I know it featured on the past 'Frightfest', but after that,... radio silence.
Looks quite cool. Bit of a 70ies italian zombie flick vibe.

Found this trailer. Hope it gets released soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e6lP7gksV0

DEAD BEAT
08-Jan-2011, 07:32 PM
Anyone seen this? I know it featured on the past 'Frightfest', but after that,... radio silence.
Looks quite cool. Bit of a 70ies italian zombie flick vibe.

Found this trailer. Hope it gets released soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9e6lP7gksV0

Wow! Their really bringin back that old school flavor, im reminded of Zombi! ;)

krakenslayer
08-Jan-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm sure there was already a thread on this movie, but it was so long ago it's probably dropped off most people's radar. Seriously, it's not just since FrightFest that there's been a lack of news; this trailer came out TWO YEARS ago! I feel like I've been waiting forever. Looks badass too! :(

EDIT: Here's the other thread: http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/showthread.php?15904-The-Dead&highlight=the+dead

AcesandEights
08-Jan-2011, 08:52 PM
I feel like I've been waiting forever.

I hear ya. I've been waiting on this one too. I don't know what happened, but if anyone hears about a release on this, please post! :)

buttercupfan522
03-Oct-2011, 05:14 PM
I actually just saw the World Premiere of this movie last night at Fullerton, CA. I believe it's going to open in select theaters in California next week. By the way, it was AWESOME. Quite different than other zombie movies I've seen. I think this one will be on many zombie fans' top favoritees.

AcesandEights
03-Oct-2011, 05:19 PM
I actually just saw the World Premiere of this movie last night at Fullerton, CA. I believe it's going to open in select theaters in California next week. By the way, it was AWESOME. Quite different than other zombie movies I've seen. I think this one will be on many zombie fans' top favoritees.

Good to hear you enjoyed it! There's been off and on discussion about it in different threads here and it seems like it's been generally well received by those zombie fans who have seen it. I know I'm excited to eventually check it out.

Mike70
03-Oct-2011, 07:18 PM

World premiere?? hahaha. I've had a copy of this movie for weeks. it's quite good by the way. definitely worth a look. in fact, i'd go so far to say that it is an excellent movie that tells an intense story in a rather quiet way. totally refreshing after all of the attempts at high octane zombie films. this one goes back the basics and gets it right.

i've watched it twice so far. if you are a fan of shamblers, this is the film for you.

krisvds
04-Oct-2011, 09:59 AM
I would go so far as to say that this is the best zombie film since Day of the dead. No joke!
You guys will love it. Support this in any way you can.

Thorn
04-Oct-2011, 07:59 PM
I definitely get a bit of a Zombi feel from it, and it also kind of goes back to one of the more recent RE games as far as setting (not that it is unique in anyway). I like the look of this a lot and will likely be buying it when it is available.