PDA

View Full Version : Dead Space 2 demo

CoinReturn
21-Dec-2010, 12:01 PM
...is up on Xbox Live. Downloading now, but between BC2: Vietnam and Dead Money, who knows when I'll get around to playing it. Download link:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Dead-Space-2/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d802454108df

EvilNed
21-Dec-2010, 12:10 PM
Didn't know Doom 3 was gonna get another remake. Cool.

Danny
21-Dec-2010, 01:55 PM
was in the ps3 plus early play beta of it and the team based multiplayer earlier this year. its basically an all around improvement and expansion of the original which was a fun action shooter. but not truly scary, this takes some inspiration from bioshock and resident evil- pre 4 to make something that whilst still not scary is a much more exciting experience.

slickwilly13
30-Jan-2011, 11:24 PM
Game in hand by tomorrow from Gamefly. Btw, I was at Best Buy a few hours ago and they have it on the shelves.

*update* Game in hand.

---------- Post added 29-Jan-2011 at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was 25-Jan-2011 at 08:59 PM ----------

I have not bother to check on the number of chapters in this game, but chapter 10 has put me on the edge. So far, a very good game. Better survival horror compared to the last Resident Evil.

---------- Post added 30-Jan-2011 at 06:24 PM ---------- Previous post was 29-Jan-2011 at 01:19 AM ----------

I just conquered it. Great game.

CoinReturn
30-Jan-2011, 11:52 PM
All I'm hearing are great things about this game, lots of people saying it sets the new standard for survival horror. Would you agree slick?

slickwilly13
31-Jan-2011, 12:28 AM
It does compared to other games. If you played the first game, then you know what to expect. In this one, more enemies are chasing you down and some appear to be smarter, such as Stalkers. Stalkers can best be described as a smarter, more slender, and 4 legged version of the monsters from Tremers 2. You have to deal with packs of them at a time. They also scream like the monsters on Tremors 2. Most of the same Necromorphs are in this game, plus new additions.

I mentioned Chapter 10 for a reason. I will not go into, because it will spoil it.

Danny
31-Jan-2011, 01:35 AM
It does compared to other games. If you played the first game, then you know what to expect. In this one, more enemies are chasing you down and some appear to be smarter, such as Stalkers. Stalkers can best be described as a smarter, more slender, and 4 legged version of the monsters from Tremers 2. You have to deal with packs of them at a time. They also scream like the monsters on Tremors 2. Most of the same Necromorphs are in this game, plus new additions.

I mentioned Chapter 10 for a reason. I will not go into, because it will spoil it.

the stalkers the things that honk? i thought a much more apt description would be the vilocoraptors in jurassic park.

slickwilly13
31-Jan-2011, 01:48 AM
IMO, they do not resemble a dinosaur, but they are animal-like.

http://deadspace.wikia.com/wiki/Stalker

Danny
31-Jan-2011, 02:24 AM
oh i dont mean they look the same, just the way they act is very reminiscent of the whole 'clever girl...' scene, like when you see one of these fuckers reaching around a corner staring at you whilst another comes at you from the side.

slickwilly13
31-Jan-2011, 02:47 AM
They indeed do that. When they scream and charge you head-on, then it could be best described as the monsters from Tremors 2. They are definately one of the more dangerous Necromorphs in the game, but they do not regenerate limbs like the others. There is one particular Necromorph that is seemingly invincible towards the end. It reminds me of the Terminator or the one Necromorph boss in the first game that had to be destroyed with the afterburners.

AcesandEights
31-Jan-2011, 01:45 PM
I guess I really have to get it together and give the fist one, which I picked up on sale over the Summer, a proper try. :shifty: