PDA

View Full Version : go oilers go

general tbag
18-Jun-2006, 04:51 PM
wow game 7 on monday back from a 3-1 carolina lead . i hope edmonton wins....

zombie04
18-Jun-2006, 05:08 PM
I'm going for Carolina. After going against the Hurricanes and the Panthers on multiple occasions, I think I'll back my state's team this time. Try something new.

Bunker65
19-Jun-2006, 03:02 AM
I really wouldn't mind seeing either team win. I'm leaning more towards the Hurricanes just because I'd like to see Rod Brind'Amour win a cup. He's been a great player for alot of years in the NHL & I think he deserves a Stanley Cup to go along with his great career.

tju1973
19-Jun-2006, 01:56 PM
Rod Brind'Amour is my favorite player-- from when he was @ Philly, but it would be good for the sport for Edmonton to win...

Blame Canada..

:skull:

mista_mo
19-Jun-2006, 08:09 PM
Edmonton deserves to win the friggin cup. They've had an incredible run this playoff season...Tonight..I will be watching the game. go Oilers!!!

general tbag
19-Jun-2006, 08:43 PM
point for oilers fans

jscott
19-Jun-2006, 08:48 PM
Screw the Hurricanes! In my heart, they will be (or should be anyways) the Hartford Whalers. Go Oilers!!!!

DeadJonas190
20-Jun-2006, 03:32 AM
Whoo hoo Carolina wins!

jscott
20-Jun-2006, 03:49 AM
Despite my earlier comments, the 'canes deserved this game. They played with a ton of heart, had a great home crowd behind them, with some solid defense & goaltending tonight.

general tbag
20-Jun-2006, 04:12 AM
Despite my earlier comments, the 'canes deserved this game. They played with a ton of heart, had a great home crowd behind them, with some solid defense & goaltending tonight.

i think if the cup was based off deserving it, the oilers won easily. 3-1 and and they took it to game 7, seeded 8th to carolinas second seed. talk about the little hockey team that could. i wont even get into the team salary difference to .

jscott
20-Jun-2006, 04:41 PM
i think if the cup was based off deserving it, the oilers won easily. 3-1 and and they took it to game 7, seeded 8th to carolinas second seed. talk about the little hockey team that could. i wont even get into the team salary difference to .

True, the Oilers could've been the best underdog story in 80 years of cup history, but they just couldn't pull it off last night. It's a shame, but at the same time I'm happy for Carolina (despite my grumblings about the Whalers).

mista_mo
21-Jun-2006, 06:35 PM
As am I..neither team was expected to make it this far in the play-offs, especially Edmonton. Both teams deserve a round of applause for how hard they played and giving us one hell of an exciting series.

jscott
21-Jun-2006, 08:24 PM
Isn't it crazy that all the teams most people had picked to go all the way fell flat? The Rangers, Redwings, Senators, and Ducks were all favored to win, and it ended up going to Carolina. Kinda like last season when Tampa Bay won the cup. Can't wait till next year to see who's gonna be up, and who's gonna be down. I just hope the Pens will snap out of their funk & finish with a winning record.