PDA

View Full Version : London New Year fireworks.... WOW!

Neil
01-Jan-2011, 11:34 AM
Never seen anything like it (especially the finale)! Looked like a fricken a-bomb going off over the city!

Make sure you double click the youtube video below and choose the better resolution!
Xy_9bx6U8_0

krisvds
01-Jan-2011, 05:27 PM
Just wow.
Jools' Hootenanny (did I spell that correctly?) was also fantastic. Me and my wife (who three days ago gave birth to our second son, yeah!!!!!) have been watching Jools on new year for years. Fantastic live show. Did you catch Toots on there? Swinging!

Happy new year to all of you by the way.

acealive1
01-Jan-2011, 06:47 PM
yea neil, i peeped the fireworks on dick clark's special last night and the ferris wheel fireworks had my jaw on the floor.

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 PM ----------

so i HATE that sound effect right at the 7 minute mark before blur starts....they use it in EVERY SINGLE popular song over here in the states

Rancid Carcass
01-Jan-2011, 06:55 PM
And there goes our budget for the 2012 Olympics opening ceremony... looks like we'll having a few balloons and a jumble sale instead... :lol:

Tricky
01-Jan-2011, 08:03 PM
I was in Manchester for new year, and everyone in the city including us seemed to be setting off those burning lanterns that are popular at the moment, the city looked quite eerie with all these glowing lanterns drifting quietly across the sky at various altitudes!

MinionZombie
02-Jan-2011, 10:13 AM
And there goes our budget for the 2012 Olympics opening ceremony... looks like we'll having a few balloons and a jumble sale instead... :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

A Lidl Olympics! :D

I saw the fireworks, but didn't see the finale - because my chums wanted to go over to ruddy Jools Holland. So I'll catch up with the finale in a minute once it's done loading.

What I did get to see though was spectacular, like a big Jackson Pollock of fireworks across the sky - somethine like 8 tonnes worth of fireworks.

Puts us on the international stage on New Years Eve, which is good, and it's something we can show off that we do well - we're often overshadowed, but damnit, we can do a firework show! :)

SymphonicX
03-Jan-2011, 08:44 AM
I drove into London to meet my girlfriend but got there just a little too late - and sat underneath these fireworks as they went off - with me stuck in a roadblocked traffic jam surrounded by 100,000 people....

at 1:42am they let the roads open again! Damnit!

Trin
03-Jan-2011, 12:57 PM
you were early for next year's show

MinionZombie
03-Jan-2011, 05:51 PM
you were early for next year's show

*positive spin five!*

http://www.esquire.com/media/cm/esquire/images/high-five-0808-lg-76258126.jpg