PDA

View Full Version : The hobo with a golden voice

bassman
04-Jan-2011, 07:10 PM
This is a homeless man in Columbus that has a rather strange cardboard "help" sign...

uTysXITBCmk&rel=0&hl=en_US

:eek:

LouCipherr
04-Jan-2011, 07:37 PM
This is a homeless man in Columbus that has a rather strange cardboard "help" sign...

WOW! That dude really DOES have a "golden voice" - someone needs to give this dude a job in radio or TV v/o IMMEDIATELY!

blind2d
04-Jan-2011, 07:57 PM
My sentiments exactly! Good find bass, totally neat.

bassman
05-Jan-2011, 04:50 PM
Holy crapola, it worked. http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/homeless_man_with_golden_radio_voice_91PQ3yMBa58vO f1n4MuToJ

"The Cleveland Cavaliers just offered me a full-time job and a house! A house! A house!," repeated a stunned Williams, 71, on local radio station WNCI.

A caller to the show who said she represented the Cavs offered Williams, who shot to stardom after local newspaper the Columbus Dispatch on Monday posted video of his perfectly-pitched panhandling, a full-time job doing voiceover work for the team and parent company and a free home in Cleveland.

LouCipherr
05-Jan-2011, 04:55 PM
Fuckin' A! FINALLY a "happy ending" for a story about a homeless dude down on his luck. GOOD FOR HIM! and kudos to the Cleveland Cavaliers who took the chance and hired the guy!

...and I bet it's all because of that video that was posted. Good on the guy who filmed that on the street, too. He just saved this dudes life from spiraling down the drain I bet. AWESOME!

Thanks for the followup, bassman!

Legion2213
05-Jan-2011, 05:51 PM
That guy should be working on "Garrison Keillor's" radio show, he'd fit perfectly with the format and mood.

Good luck to him anyway.

blind2d
05-Jan-2011, 11:50 PM
Wow, this is wonderful news! Nice to know that sometimes things do work out.
"I'm glad it had a happy ending after all."
"Me too." - The Tallest, Invader Zim

DjfunkmasterG
06-Jan-2011, 02:54 AM
Congrats to him... Glad it did work out he does have a great voice.

Mr. Clean
06-Jan-2011, 03:00 AM
Pretty damn awesome

Ghost Of War
06-Jan-2011, 07:50 AM
I was watching this dude yesterday on youtube, what a voice. I'm glad things worked out for him, he seemed really sincere, he even had my wife shed a tear at his story.

darth los
08-Jan-2011, 02:42 PM
Fuckin' A! FINALLY a "happy ending" for a story about a homeless dude down on his luck. GOOD FOR HIM! and kudos to the Cleveland Cavaliers who took the chance and hired the guy!

...and I bet it's all because of that video that was posted. Good on the guy who filmed that on the street, too. He just saved this dudes life from spiraling down the drain I bet. AWESOME!

Thanks for the followup, bassman!

I was watching this dude yesterday on youtube, what a voice. I'm glad things worked out for him, he seemed really sincere, he even had my wife shed a tear at his story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aUeEp4HhNk&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAcIFIASiI4

Here's an update.

Man what a story

I got all choked up as well. With all the crooks in this country that never go to jail it's nice to see the little guy finally get his.

This guy is an inspiration. He persevered, cleaned himself up and used the talent god gave him to pull himself up by his bootstraps.

What's more american than that?

I got choked up by this as well. If this didn't touch you you should be checked out to see if you have a heart.

:cool: