View Full Version : Where's that motion plus lightsaber game?

Rottedfreak
09-Jan-2011, 11:39 AM
Star Wars (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIHuE2ATWvg)+ Motion Plus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1emrtvihg8)= ????

Over a year since launch twenty million plus units sold, comes as standard with console, new Wii Remote Plus, record sales over black friday and christmas and that Lightsaber game is where?

Danny
09-Jan-2011, 12:09 PM
The wii's been in a decline for a while, and much to my surprise kinect and even move are proving popular with that once niche casual audience so i imagine you'll see it on one of the other two first.

Kind mad considering 5 years ago this was all denounced as shit. no?

bassman
09-Jan-2011, 12:45 PM
I've often wondered about that while playing swords on wii sports. Seems like a no brainer...

Rottedfreak
09-Jan-2011, 01:42 PM
much to my surprise kinect and even move are proving popular with that once niche casual audience

I was really surprised at their success too: 5 million Move's shipped, 8 million kinects sold, shows there is a huge market though traditional games still sell then casual ones. Dead Rising 2 could have been a blast with Move, maybe DR3 will feature support.

Danny
09-Jan-2011, 03:02 PM
I was really surprised at their success too: 5 million Move's shipped, 8 million kinects sold, shows there is a huge market though traditional games still sell then casual ones. Dead Rising 2 could have been a blast with Move, maybe DR3 will feature support.

See what sold me is the same controls with move as the wii, though the controllers much better, but theres less kiddy games. and i hate to be that guy to say 'nintendo=kids games' but my favorite game on the wii is silent hill shattered memories, one of the few mature titles. First one i got for my move wasn't eye pet or dance party or something but heavy rain, and my next ones are gonna be resi 5 gold move edition and dead space 2+ extraction move edition.

Theres nothing wrong with a motion controller, the idea is sound for many gametypes. the nintendo problem is first party titles are few and far between and in comparison the ps3 has on average a higher standard across the board.

the kinects still a wait and see for me though, seems like they shipped a neat new controller before any proper games where ready yet.

Rottedfreak
09-Jan-2011, 06:36 PM
There it is:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pII25aMyyU
It's for Kinect, a on rails controller free edition.
And Lucasarts have had a motion plus lightsaber demo for some time:
http://www.revogamers.net/noticias/sin-categoria/e3-2010-lucas-aun-no-se-atreve-con-el-wii-motionplus-5243.html
(in spanish)

AcesandEights
09-Jan-2011, 11:20 PM
the kinects still a wait and see for me though, seems like they shipped a neat new controller before any proper games where ready yet.

Gotta say I tried it over the Holidays and was ridiculously impressed! Played the sports games and watched the dancing game. The motion capture/recognition technology is amazing, but I'm waiting to see more reviews of other games, myself.