PDA

View Full Version : I am now a full-time puppeteer!

BillyRay
16-Jan-2011, 09:08 PM
Right.

So the boss comes up to me at the end of the day Friday and informs me that my services are no longer needed at my Day Job.

I'm gonna miss the steady paycheck and health insurance, but this has freed up a lot of time to work in the shop, get skit filming done, and otherwise chase assorted dreams.

(I apply for U.C. Tuesday. Wish me luck)

But since the Day Job was my primary source of inter-tubey goodness, you'll be seeing a lot less of me 'round here for awhile.

I'll try to keep you kids abreast of puppet news, convention appearances, etc; assuming y'all care.

Now behave yourselves while I'm gone, no fighting no biting.

Yr Pal,

Billy Ray

PS - MULDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

ProfessorChaos
16-Jan-2011, 10:06 PM
well, godspeed, billy. please let me (and others) know when & where you'll be putting the show on at, i'd love to see it again. good luck with everything, man. don't be a stranger.

bassman
16-Jan-2011, 10:08 PM
Good luck buddy. Hope it all works out in your favor.

MinionZombie
17-Jan-2011, 09:44 AM
Best of luck in all things zombie puppet related! :thumbsup:

LouCipherr
17-Jan-2011, 01:12 PM
well, godspeed, billy. please let me (and others) know when & where you'll be putting the show on at, i'd love to see it again. good luck with everything, man. don't be a stranger.

This.

Good luck buddy. Hope it all works out in your favor.

This.

Best of luck in all things zombie puppet related! :thumbsup:

...aaaand this.

:D

DjfunkmasterG
17-Jan-2011, 03:10 PM
Wish you the best man... I know you'll succeed... you're driven. :D

BillyRay
26-Jan-2011, 05:44 PM
Hey Keeds,

Just popped in to say Hi.

Aaaand, that I wasn't even out of work for a week, when I get an offer to build some "chorus" puppets (rats and pigeons)for a local High School that's doing a version of Avenue Q. (Seriously - I'm not sure how they made the script kid-friendly, but that's not my problem). There's a few other paid gigs on the horizon, too, including a return engagement to Contamination 2011(All this work is officially Angry Young Men Ltd, not me personal)

Plus I qualified for Unemployment (Enough to keep me in rent and food), I get my saved up vacation paid to me (about 2 weeks worth), and I'm managing to quit smoking in the process (Simply can't afford it anymore, haven't had one since a week ago Sunday). So far, so good. And that's what makes me really nervous.

(back into Lurk mode)

blind2d
26-Jan-2011, 05:47 PM
Oh, well, hey, sounds like you're doin' alright, then... good to hear it! Thanks for the puppets, by the way. Don't think I've told you that yet...

LouCipherr
26-Jan-2011, 06:23 PM
Good to hear things are going well for ya despite the circumstances, BillyRay. Hopefully things will continue to go well and next thing you know, you'll be making a living with puppets. Hey, if Jim Henson could do it.... :D

MinionZombie
26-Jan-2011, 06:51 PM
All the best, dude. :thumbsup:

AcesandEights
27-Jan-2011, 04:15 PM
BillyRay, you will be sorely missed, sir!

Glad to hear that a few gigs are coming your way and the additional perk of having a reason to get off the cowboy killers never hurts.

Stay well and stop by and visit us when you can!