PDA

View Full Version : Texting = dangerous!

Neil
19-Jan-2011, 07:03 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12226192

LouCipherr
19-Jan-2011, 07:04 PM
HAH!

Only one word comes to mind... "DUMBASS!" :D

bassman
19-Jan-2011, 07:07 PM
:lol:

Here in my state they've made texting and driving illegal, which is a good thing. Looks now like they'll have to add texting and walking to that law.

I hate texting anyway. It's the most lazy, impersonal, and rude thing you can do with a phone, imho.

MikePizzoff
19-Jan-2011, 07:13 PM
That's pretty embarassing... lucky for her it looked like closing time so the place was empty.

I hate texting anyway. It's the most lazy, impersonal, and rude thing you can do with a phone, imho.

I hate TALKING on the phone; I prefer when people text me. I just feel like talking on the phone is a waste of time for most things when you can simply text "meet me at 5" or something.

LouCipherr
19-Jan-2011, 07:14 PM
:lol:

Here in my state they've made texting and driving illegal, which is a good thing. Looks now like they'll have to add texting and walking to that law.

Same here - no texting & driving. Matter of fact, here in Maryland, they've made it now where you cannot be on your cellphone even talking unless you have your phone on speaker, or you have a bluetooth (or some other form of headset). I, personally, am all for this law - however, you wouldn't believe the amount of dipshits that still drive around with a phone to their ear around here.. .:rolleyes:

As far as texting - it has it's place, but it's WAY overused. I have a friend here at work who has a 13 year old daughter. He told me she, in one month, racks up between 1200-1300 texts. I mean, WHAT THE FUCK!? If my son of 14 years pulled some shit like that, he'd lose his cellphone!! :stunned:

MikePizzoff
19-Jan-2011, 07:16 PM
As far as texting - it has it's place, but it's WAY overused. I have a friend here at work who has a 13 year old daughter. He told me she, in one month, racks up between 1200-1300 texts. I mean, WHAT THE FUCK!? If my son of 14 years pulled some shit like that, he'd lose his cellphone!! :stunned:

I've definitely had that many texts in one month's period multiple times. But that's nothing, I have female friends that have had around 4,000 texts in one month. But, that's what an unlimited texting plan is for.

LouCipherr
20-Jan-2011, 07:11 PM
I've definitely had that many texts in one month's period multiple times. But that's nothing, I have female friends that have had around 4,000 texts in one month. But, that's what an unlimited texting plan is for.

I'm just shocked a 13 year old can rack up 1400 texts in a month. I had to ask my co-worker, "Does she even talk to any of her friends?" his reply, "nope, she just texts constantly"

Wow... just wow... :lol:

I can't imagine how someone could rack up 4000 texts in a month though - wtf, is texting their only form of communication? If so, that's pretty sad.

***edited to add:
UPDATE: this idiot is actually trying to sue the mall because of her own stupidity! I kid you not!

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/fountain-lady-nobody-went-to-my-aid-23909987

Even more fun of a read: http://abcnews.go.com/US/fountain-falling-texter-cathy-cruz-marrero-dont-text/story?id=12685189

Text from that second link:

"In the hours that followed Cathy Cruz Marrero's appearance on "Good Morning America" today to talk about the fall and its aftermath, she was in court for a status hearing on charges of five felony counts, including theft by deception and receiving stolen property.

Marrero, 49, was charged in October 2009 for allegedly using a coworker's credit cards to make more than $5,000 in purchases at a Target and a Zales jewelry store -- $1,055 of those purchases were dismissed from the case in previous hearings.

She is expected to face sentencing at her next court date, on April 21, according to the Reading Eagle. Marrero is likely facing about six months of house arrest and electronic monitoring.

Her probation ended in October.

Video of Marrero's tumble earlier this month has attracted more than a million and a half views on YouTube and been shared widely on Facebook and Twitter.

She hinted on "Good Morning America" that she may sue the mall where she fell. She has hired a lawyer to explore whether someone should have come to her aid rather than posting her image on the Internet.

"I didn't get an apology, what I got was, 'At least nobody knows it was you,' " Marrero said. "But I knew it was me."

Ho-ly shit. Just when you thought no one could be any more stupid, someone like this comes along. I rarely ever use this word, but what a stupid cunt.