PDA

View Full Version : British "Big Brother" zombie miniseries

mpokera
20-Jan-2011, 12:15 AM
I read somewhere that in England there was a miniseries about a zombie apocalypse scenario occuring from the viewpoint of their version of the "Big Brother" house and show. Has anyone seen it? Does anyone know if it is available on DVD anywhere?

bassman
20-Jan-2011, 01:05 AM
Dead Set (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1285482/)

It's recently been airing on the SyFy channel and also available on dvd.

mpokera
20-Jan-2011, 01:10 AM
Thanks Bass, on our SyFy? How did I miss that I wonder? Thats one of my main channels lol

bassman
20-Jan-2011, 01:13 AM
Correction: It's been airing on IFC.

My mistake.

mpokera
20-Jan-2011, 02:25 AM
ah, I do have that channel but can see how I cld have missed it since I dont always check there

Neil
20-Jan-2011, 08:24 AM
You know... I've still not got around to watching this!

bassman
20-Jan-2011, 12:16 PM
I personally didn't find it too interesting. It wasn't really bad, it just didn't pull me in like I had wanted. I wasn't itching to see the next episode after one had ended.

Gryphon
21-Jan-2011, 06:36 AM
I liked it :) Was very gritty and realistic-feeling, and just makes you think... "Is everyone's boss an arse hole?"

Mr.G
21-Jan-2011, 01:36 PM
I thought it was solid. I bought a copy when I was in Liverpool over Christmas. It played fine in my DVD player...which was a nice surprise. Tried to find the Blu of Day of the Dead but had no luck.

SymphonicX
21-Jan-2011, 05:22 PM
its brilliant and kicked seven shades of shit out of, then wiped said seven shades of shit all over, The Walking Dead.

Gryphon
21-Jan-2011, 10:32 PM
I thought it was solid. I bought a copy when I was in Liverpool over Christmas. It played fine in my DVD player...which was a nice surprise. Tried to find the Blu of Day of the Dead but had no luck.

Amazon :)

Mr.G
22-Jan-2011, 02:39 AM
Amazon :)

To wait for arrival AND pay shipping; surely you jest!

bassman
22-Jan-2011, 07:14 PM
To wait for arrival AND pay shipping; surely you jest!

One week with free shipping...

JonOfTheShred
22-Jan-2011, 09:21 PM
The first time I saw Dead Set I loved it, watched the entire series when it was up in parts on Youtube. I normally would've shut it off during the first episode, during the overly long setup pre-zombie crisis, (always hated reality TV) but Jamie Winstone is great on the eyes (and ears; adorable voice) and thus I was sucked into the story. The ending is surprisingly dark, there was quite a bit of gore in it for a TV series, and I actually liked the characters. Well, besides the fat black chick with fucked up teeth and her sidekick, the highly irritating cross-dressing fem.

C:/Fodder
23-Jan-2011, 06:05 PM
Really enjoyable little series. Especially the head-nod to Rhodes in the final episode. Felt like a good zombie flick; understandable, with Charlie Brooker at the helm.

zomtom
25-Jan-2011, 06:38 AM
I watched Dead Set a couple of times on You Tube. It is really a great little flick. Finally, IFC played it around Halloween. Finally, I got it recorded on my DVR and I was able to watch it on my big screen. About a month ago, I was able to purchase it on ebay for a pretty fair price. This show is definately worth a watch and probably worth the money for the dvd.