PDA

View Full Version : Night Of The Creeps.

NVK
19-Jun-2006, 09:31 PM
I just wan to say, that I think that this is THE BEST ZOMBIE HORROR COMEDY EVER! Well in my opinion of course. I've seen Return Of The Living Dead, Shaun Of The Dead. But I think this is the best. Its funny (all about Tom Atkins as Detective Cameron). Its scary, which is rare for a movie to scare me without it being a jump scare. (The axe murderer back from the dead). Its is gory. Its entertaining. Its just a great movie. I love it. But ROTLD and SOTD are good too. It really deserves an official DVD release.

Philly_SWAT
19-Jun-2006, 09:55 PM
I agree that it deserves a DVD release, although to my tastes, Shawn is better. Creeps definately is scarier, but overall, Shawn is better.

Mike70
19-Jun-2006, 11:53 PM
absolutely love this movie. have ever since i was a kid. tom atkins is one of the best actors hardly anyone has ever heard of.

"zombies, creepy crawlies, exploding heads - and a date for the formal. that's classic, spanky, classic."

bassman
04-Apr-2009, 05:19 PM
After years and years of waiting....Night of the Creeps is finally getting the DVD and Blu Ray treatment (http://joblo.com/index.php?id=25853). Including special features.:thumbsup:

I thought some of you guys would like to hear this news...

Trancelikestate
04-Apr-2009, 05:21 PM
is it??? yay! i'vce always loved it to! you can buy it on dvds at horrorcons. when slither was coming out, i thought it was a remake of notc. but yeah for anyone who hasnt seen it, watch it. it rules.

krakenslayer
04-Apr-2009, 05:23 PM
You know, I've never seen it. I think I've heard of it; is it the one where the girl rams a lipstick into her breast?

Trancelikestate
04-Apr-2009, 05:29 PM
nope :p

axlish
04-Apr-2009, 05:30 PM
You know, I've never seen it. I think I've heard of it; is it the one where the girl rams a lipstick into her breast?

No, that is Night of the Demons, which is also a good flick.

Night of the Creeps is about space slugs invading people's brains and turning all the frat kids at USC into zombies, which Tom Atkins, as well as a couple of dorks, must extinguish.

bassman
04-Apr-2009, 05:32 PM
I think it's actually on Youtube for anyone interested....

I thought it was a great slice of cheese. Everyone around here knows that I'm not a fan of ROTLD, but NOTC is the reigning king of the 80's cheese zombie films, imo.

ProfessorChaos
04-Apr-2009, 10:24 PM
i recall having a vhs tape with NOTC recorded on it. don't have a VCR, but i may rent the dvd when it drops for nostalgia's sake.

DawnGirl27
05-Apr-2009, 12:35 AM
Awesomely fun flick and excited to hear it's coming out on DVD. Am interested in what special features it will have...

MoonSylver
05-Apr-2009, 01:39 AM
After years and years of waiting....Night of the Creeps is finally getting the DVD and Blu Ray treatment (http://joblo.com/index.php?id=25853). Including special features.:thumbsup:

I thought some of you guys would like to hear this news...

Awesome news. Great slice of 80's goodness. Fun w/ the in-jokes, some great one liners (Hit me, sc-reem-in rike bon-shees, your dates are here) just a fun movie.

Wooley
05-Apr-2009, 08:36 PM
I've been looking for Night of the Creeps for awhile now. That's good news that it's finally coming out.

"Here. Hold this, you'll feel better." says dork kid as he hands his date a flamethrower.

RustyHicks
23-Apr-2009, 11:56 PM
Glad it's coming out on DVD, the VHS copy I bought years ago is falling apart...It is a cheesy 80's film and yet a classic one as well, I like the way some of the characters are named after filmmakers..."Chris Romero" "James Carpenter JC Hooper" "Cindy Cronenberg" and "Dec Ray Cameron"
"The good news is your dates are here...the bad news is they're dead"

clanglee
24-Apr-2009, 12:21 AM
I always wanted to be able to answer the phone "Thrill me" with that kind of confidence.

capncnut
24-Apr-2009, 03:43 AM
Actually I've had this on DVD for ages now. It's got two versions of the film on it (original 90 min and extended 95 min version) with trailers, gallery and a Fred Dekker filmography...

Debbieangel
24-Apr-2009, 08:03 PM
I love that line "Thrill me" and I love Tom Atkins.
This movie is a good one to own to watch more than one time. imo
I have it on vhs. Now I gotta get it out and watch it again. :)

Wyldwraith
03-May-2009, 08:10 AM
Badass movie,
One of the VERY FEW sci-fi/alien origin-based zombie movies that has ever been made. One of the PPs said it all with "Has zombies, creepy crawlies, exploding heads, and a date for the Prom/Formal" That pretty much sums it up.

Movie gave me nightmares when I was a little kid. Remember it fondly, so I'm glad it's getting DVD'd.

Now, if I can just find a decent/cheap DVD of C.H.U.D and the only other one in the series worth watching (can't remember which).

bassman
21-Jun-2009, 08:33 PM
This flick must have a larger following than I first thought...

It's not just a special edition dvd/br, but it's a SPECIAL, SPECIAL EDITION dvd/br.:p

I wouldn't have ever guessed that they would get a cast reunion together for something like this, but apparently they did (http://joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=17134). Should be great dvd....

Mr.G
22-Jun-2009, 01:30 PM
I can't wait for the new DVD. I can finally put my old video to rest.

AcesandEights
22-Jun-2009, 01:49 PM
I put in a fair number of hours viewing this over the numerous airings it enjoyed on USA network's Up All Night show, but I don't know if I've ever seen the uncut version.

It was fun and cheesy enough back in the day, though. ;)

Trin
22-Jun-2009, 03:06 PM
Now, if I can just find a decent/cheap DVD of C.H.U.D and the only other one in the series worth watching (can't remember which).
I loved C.H.U.D.

I thought it was better than Creeps.

major jay
22-Jun-2009, 07:01 PM
I've never seen this flick, but this thread's got me interested. I'll have to pick this one up when it's released.

Mr.G
01-Jul-2009, 03:10 PM

CHUD has a region 1 release. Used copies can be found for a couple bucks. The DVD iteself is a man hole cover!

DawnFan inCincy
02-Jul-2009, 10:34 PM
If any of you can make it here to Cincinnati, they're having a Night of the Creeps reunion at HorrorHound Weekend in November. So far they have Jason Lively and Jill Whitlow confirmed. I think they are hoping to add Tom Atkins. Check out the guest list below. They said they still have 15 or so guest to announce.

http://horrorhoundweekend.com/shows/200911/default.aspx

zombie04
03-Jul-2009, 12:38 AM
Now I can have my old double feature of Creeps and Night of the Comet. Not sure why I watch the second one, it's just what I did back in the day of VHS. I rented the two together and that's just how I watch them.

MissJacksonCA
12-Jul-2009, 11:56 PM
I love it because its so cheesy and because its movie stars Rusty Griswold. So funny and such a staple of my childhood up-til-midnite movie marathons. Makes me nostalgic for everything 80s like my Light Brite. But... on the same token... it can hardly be compared to Shaun of the Dead which fairly balanced fright and funny or Return of the Living Dead which while it had its funny moments was completely terrifying. I will say this movie felt like the inspiration for Slither.

Spider
15-Jul-2009, 03:12 PM
I'm really happy that this is finally coming to DVD. A long time in the making!

venom012
15-Jul-2009, 11:44 PM
Nothing compares to 80's horror movies.