PDA

View Full Version : Lethal Weapon reboot?

Neil
20-Jan-2011, 09:01 PM
*SIGH*

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48148

bassman
20-Jan-2011, 09:53 PM
No surprise here. I would prefer one last sequel, though...

JonOfTheShred
21-Jan-2011, 04:21 AM
RioQ2EVJJms

MinionZombie
21-Jan-2011, 10:03 AM
They should just leave it alone in general. If they want another buddy cop movie - make another buddy cop movie - and make it an original and good one. Don't do another shoddy remake of a quality movie that's already well established in the public's psyche and hearts. It's utterly pointless. It really is.

Neil
21-Jan-2011, 10:58 AM
No surprise here. I would prefer one last sequel, though...
No! Too long now!

They missed the boat with the last one...

At the end, an epic ending would have been if Jet Li had killed Riggs (Gibson), and then Murtaugh (Glover) had gone mental and killed Jet Li! The film, and series, comes to an end with Murtaugh (Glover) being the Lethal Weapon!

bassman
21-Jan-2011, 12:10 PM
At the end, an epic ending would have been if Jet Li had killed Riggs (Gibson), and then Murtaugh (Glover) had gone mental and killed Jet Li! The film, and series, comes to an end with Murtaugh (Glover) being the Lethal Weapon!

:rockbrow:

Nah...I prefer the actual ending in which Riggs turns into Murtaugh, becomes "too old for this shit", and starts a family. That's the perfect closure for Riggs, imo.

They could make one of these a year for all I care. They're just good fun and I've loved all four of them. After seeing Gibon in Edge of Darkness, I know he's got more action in him. It doesn't even have to be all that much action really, just get these people together and its a guaranteed fun time...

Now where the hell is that Blu Ray set with new features?!? :hyper:

LouCipherr
21-Jan-2011, 12:52 PM
*SIGH*

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48148

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/Jesus_facepalm.jpg

AcesandEights
21-Jan-2011, 03:00 PM
Excellent, now we can have the character of Riggs portrayed as he was always meant to be...an on-the-edge Jewish cop. I'd honestly be happy with that :)

Do some of you guys actually really think the LW series is gold? I think some of it is well done cheese, but it's no sacred cow for me.

LouCipherr
21-Jan-2011, 03:13 PM
Do some of you guys actually really think the LW series is gold? I think some of it is well done cheese, but it's no sacred cow for me.

The first one? Yes. The others? Meh, I can go either way with them, but as with most remakes/reboots/reinvisionings, this is completely unnecessary and will probably be as good as most other remakes (ie: complete garbage). :rolleyes:

bassman
21-Jan-2011, 03:38 PM
I love the whole series. It's not anything revolutionary or that will be remembered for all of time, but they're damn good entertainment, imo.

The chemistry and comedy between Glover and Gibson is fantastic, the action is fun, the Clapton soundtrack is original, and the supporting characters make them all great. They're just good, fun entertainment.

As I mentioned earlier, the new LW blu ray boxed set will be a day one purchase for me. :thumbsup:

rongravy
22-Jan-2011, 02:04 PM
Ehhhh, not a fan. Waiting for Road Warrior reboot myself.

DjfunkmasterG
22-Jan-2011, 07:35 PM
Not a fan of LW4 but I enjoyed 1-3, but do admit 3 is heavy heavy velveeta.