PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Old Republic (MMO)

Mr. Clean
21-Jan-2011, 01:01 AM
http://www.swtor.com/

It is suppose to play like Knights of the Old Republic I & II but with an MMO twist.

Once it drops, I'll be on the servers playing as a Sith Warrior then specialize to a Sith Marauder.

Anyone want to start forming a guild or something?

A buddy of mine got me into this but he is dead nuts set on being a Jedi so he's pretty much dead nuts set as my nemesis now after our parting of ways for this game. (We're really still friends, I just plan on kicking his ass across the universe after him getting pissed at me for not considered being a Jedi at all.)

The Bad guys always have better options. Which is why I'd 9 times out of 10 I would buy Cobra commandos over G.I. Joes because they always have better weapons.

For whatever reason on video games, I'm always neutral or a completely evil bastard. Hardly ever do I choose the good side. The good side is always so boring.

Trin
21-Jan-2011, 02:19 PM
No worries! You'll convert to the good side when your friend confronts you and you have a fight to the near death. Then you'll die peacefully embracing the good side, only to come back as a ghost and spend eternity thinking, "Geez, now I'm a puss."

Mr. Clean
21-Jan-2011, 06:21 PM
For the record, Vader started out one of the good guys but the Sith do tend to screw each other over.

AcesandEights
21-Jan-2011, 07:00 PM
I've been itching to get into a new MMO, but don't know if I will have an acceptably new PC by the time this launches.

Mr. Clean
21-Jan-2011, 10:48 PM
I'll probably have to up my graphics card and possibly reformat my hard-drive. I dunno yet.

clanglee
31-Dec-2011, 01:05 AM
So is anyone else playing this besides me? It's pretty awesome.

AcesandEights
31-Dec-2011, 02:18 AM
I'm not playing yet, still considering if I should pick it up over the next week.

What do you like most about the gameplay, if you don't mind my asking, Clang?

clanglee
04-Jan-2012, 07:26 AM
It's similar to WOW in its engine. But being a Bioware game, it is all story based. It doesn't feel like there are any throw away quests because you really feel a part of things. It's by far the best MMORPG I've ever played. The PVP is a bit hectic, but definitely doable, and even the PVP feels like a quest, in that ieach scenario has a story element to it. The crafting is pretty awesome, because you can send your henchmen off to make things or gather materials. Oh and because you have a henchman, or many rather, its pretty easy to solo all the basic quests. It's just awesome. Loving it.

AcesandEights
04-Jan-2012, 01:23 PM
It's similar to WOW in its engine. But being a Bioware game, it is all story based. It doesn't feel like there are any throw away quests because you really feel a part of things. It's by far the best MMORPG I've ever played. The PVP is a bit hectic, but definitely doable, and even the PVP feels like a quest, in that ieach scenario has a story element to it. The crafting is pretty awesome, because you can send your henchmen off to make things or gather materials. Oh and because you have a henchman, or many rather, its pretty easy to solo all the basic quests. It's just awesome. Loving it.

Just downloaded it last night and let it patch :D Any server or game play recommendations, Clang?

Rancid Carcass
04-Jan-2012, 02:27 PM
This game has all but rendered me an ineffectual member of the human race... Once you start down the Star Wars: The Old Republic path, forever will it dominate your destiny... :D

clanglee
05-Jan-2012, 12:26 AM
I'm on Prophesy of Five. . .It's a PVP server, but thus far I have yet to be ganked. I'm playing Republic, against my will (my old wow guild voted me down), but if you join up. . .let me know. I'm also willing to start an alt if we have a HPOTD guild!!

-- -------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

This game has all but rendered me an ineffectual member of the human race... Once you start down the Star Wars: The Old Republic path, forever will it dominate your destiny... :D
Indeed

AcesandEights
06-Jan-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm on Prophesy of Five. . .It's a PVP server, but thus far I have yet to be ganked. I'm playing Republic, against my will (my old wow guild voted me down), but if you join up. . .let me know. I'm also willing to start an alt if we have a HPOTD guild!![COLOR="Silver"]

I'd re-roll for an hpotd guild, but I don't know if we'll get enough interest. Is Prophesy of Five RP-PVP, or just PVP? I need to start a light side toon, so I may take you up on that.

I do really like what little I've gotten to do in this game so far, still need to tweak my settings for solid frame rates, though and...learn more the super-basics.

clanglee
09-Jan-2012, 10:07 AM
Just PVP. . but its a pretty good server. . .Pubs are the underdogs for sure on this server tho. . if you join up gimme a shout. . .my toons are named Hidasalami and Reece