PDA

View Full Version : Your Highness (film)

rongravy
22-Jan-2011, 02:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD425EnZt6w
I soooo can't wait to see this. I love Danny McBride and David Gordon Green is a great director. This looks like nothing but fun, fun, fun. Also, in this red band trailer, Portman is wearing a thong, in regular versions she is wearing a fuller bottom piece. I want to go into a coma and not wake up until this comes out.
"Handle your shit, Fabbius, please."

blind2d
22-Jan-2011, 04:54 PM
You DO realize you've spelled it "hiGNess", don't you, ron?
I wonder how hig I am... what's my higness level?
I'll stop, I'm sorry...
Looks cool, thanks for sharing.

rongravy
23-Jan-2011, 05:48 PM
You DO realize you've spelled it "hiGNess", don't you, ron?
I wonder how hig I am... what's my higness level?
I'll stop, I'm sorry...
Looks cool, thanks for sharing.

Haha, no. I didn't realise that. I was tipping a few or more shots back by that time.
And this stupid keyboard has some seeds in it or something because a few keys don't hit right sometimes.
But yeah, that movie looks sweeet. It also looks like some decent money was spent on it.
Wonder if Rogen will make a cameo in there somewhere, since Danny pretty much does in all of his since they hooked up.

MikePizzoff
23-Jan-2011, 06:21 PM
For those who are lazy:

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

For those who are lazy:

OD425EnZt6w

However, I must say I'll pass on this one. Loved Pineapple Express, but this doesn't look like my cup of tea; didn't laugh once during the whole trailer... not even a chuckle. Perhaps it's because I can't stand this time period.

blind2d
23-Jan-2011, 07:11 PM
Don't worry, it didn't make me laugh either. I want to see it for the monsters, and that alone.

rongravy
09-Apr-2011, 12:52 AM
I saw it early, thinking I was going to beat the crowds. Of course I wondered if there would even be many to see it, let alone the same time as me.
Well, guess what?
It was packed, which is good for a 4:45 time slot around these parts.
So here goes nothing: I loved the shit out of it. Was it corn at times? Oh, hells yeah. Good corn, mmmm.
Also, I wondered if the red band trailer would ruin it, which is often the case, but was farther from the truth. When they showed a part that was a big laugh in the trailer, everyone was still guffawing and knee slapping the bejesus out of themselves, even though they knew exactly what was up. That says alot.
Now, I will say alot of them were Pineapple Express fans, but a full theater of contented patrons speaks for itself.
With Arthur, Hanna, and Soul Surfer out the same weekend, this will be tough. I bet it holds its own.
The paper totally razzed on it today, but I'm afraid I must disagree. Sling Blade it is not. A movie for thirty/forty something 80's sci-fi lovers it be.
Unless you just prefer a corncob up your ass, I'd say... if you let go, then you might just have a swell time.
And I've always had major wood for Natalie Portman. She reminds me of a more waifish, and much less psychotic, version of an ex of mine.
I also saw this by myself, which was nice. Just a few strategic puff puffs, and I was good to go.
Solid B+, an A if you're down with all of it.

blind2d
12-Apr-2011, 02:57 PM
I'll rent it for sure, but I don't know if all the humor will get me happy. Portman's best was The Professional. That was her, right?

bassman
12-Apr-2011, 03:10 PM
Portman's best was The Professional. That was her, right?

You pedo. :p

Yeah that was her. Great flick. Mainly because of the legend that is Gary Oldman.

blind2d
13-Apr-2011, 04:27 PM
Hey hey now, I'm no bear... er... whever... She just reminded me of... that... other... girl... from that other movie... ARGH, I can't think!!

rongravy
23-Apr-2011, 09:09 PM
Saw it a third time the other day. Still packed, though the box office numbers don't show that.
Now I'm ready for the dvd. Let it be packed with kickass shit to enjoy. Lots of improv, I bet.
Saw Hanna last night for a little variety, which was ok.
Who knows? I might get some more killer kush and get the urge one last time. It was my kid the last time that was begging me to see it again...

rongravy
10-Aug-2011, 10:02 PM
Bought the dvd last night, I'm still totally in love with it. I'm also listening to the commentary with the main cast and director on it, very informative.
Anybody seen this yet? Give it a chance, it might just win you over. My wife normally hates what tickles my funny bone, but she actually thought it was good. She agreed that without the dick jokes and weed smoking that it'd be a pretty heavy sci fi fantasy movie. Still is, but I like the dick jokes and toke ups, too.