PDA

View Full Version : Waking the Russian bear...

Tricky
24-Jan-2011, 02:25 PM
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Russia-Bomb-At-Moscows-Domodedovo-Airport-Kills-At-Least-31-People-And-Injures-More/Article/201101415909270?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15909270_Russia%3A_Bomb_At_Moscows_Dom odedovo_Airport_Kills_At_Least_31_People_And_Injur es_More

Bad news indeed! I wonder if Russia will be restrained in its response or go steaming in to wherever those responsible were from....:confused:

LouCipherr
24-Jan-2011, 03:34 PM
:stunned:

Question: why do they say it's a "suspected terror attack" - isn't an attack like this, no matter who is responsible, a 'terror attack'??

AcesandEights
24-Jan-2011, 04:26 PM

Question: why do they say it's a "suspected terror attack" - isn't an attack like this, no matter who is responsible, a 'terror attack'??

Have to confirm the source of the explosion first, I'd imagine.

Would you call homeland security and report a terrorist attack if DJ blew up your grill, or would you just get on his case after you found out he was coming off a serious chantix bender?

darth los
24-Jan-2011, 04:33 PM

Perhaps that's how they are wording it until they find out if it was a "known" terrorist organization who was responsible.

But the more interesting question to me is say the "Russian Bear" has been awakened and decided to to to the ends of the earth to get the people who did this so they decide to invade and occupy georgia and Yemen for example. What Moral authority do we have to tell them not to do it and look for a diplomatic resolution, which you know will come out of the administration's mouth? :confused:

:cool:

LouCipherr
24-Jan-2011, 05:04 PM

True, makes sense.

Would you call homeland security and report a terrorist attack if DJ blew up your grill, or would you just get on his case after you found out he was coming off a serious chantix bender?

Yes, I most certainly would call Homeland Security. Dj is a terrorist, and his kind cannot be tolerated. :shifty:

:lol:

Perhaps that's how they are wording it until they find out if it was a "known" terrorist organization who was responsible.

Either that or whatever organization they decide to pin it on. *puts on tinfoil hat*

darth los
24-Jan-2011, 05:25 PM
True, makes sense.

Yes, I most certainly would call Homeland Security. Dj is a terrorist, and his kind cannot be tolerated. :shifty:

:lol:

Either that or whatever organization they decide to pin it on. *puts on tinfoil hat*

No tinfoil hat dude. It could have been anybody.

If they told us that Belgium was responsible for the terrorit attacks on 9-11 the American SHEEPLE would have been fully behind invading them, taking their waffles and Waterboarding Jean Claude Van Dam for all those awful flicks we had to suffer through. :dead:

DjfunkmasterG
24-Jan-2011, 05:27 PM

:elol:

Lou would join in on the destruction

Tricky
24-Jan-2011, 05:54 PM
At a time when Russia is massively re-investing in its military, as well as seeing how they reacted to the Georgia thing a couple of years back, I'd say now was a daft time to provoke them, especially if you come from some third world shithole that they could trample all over! I'm sure they wont go invading anywhere anytime soon, but they'll be working overtime to find out who's responsible so they can dish out some justice I reckon! Wonder if its the Chechen rebels getting brave again?

MikePizzoff
24-Jan-2011, 06:05 PM

Because after 9/11/01, the media misconstrued the meaning of the terms "terrorism" and "terrorist" to mean "people who live in the Middle East".

EDIT: Not just the media, but the general public as well. I couldn't count how many times I've seen/heard/read the average white person getting pissed off about being subjected to security crackdowns because they "don't look like a terrorist".

darth los
24-Jan-2011, 08:49 PM
Because after 9/11/01, the media misconstrued the meaning of the terms "terrorism" and "terrorist" to mean "people who live in the Middle East".

EDIT: Not just the media, but the general public as well. I couldn't count how many times I've seen/heard/read the average white person getting pissed off about being subjected to security crackdowns because they "don't look like a terrorist".

That's funny.

This guy sure looks like a terrorist to me. :rolleyes:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/images/jan-june01/mcveigh_box.jpg

MikePizzoff
25-Jan-2011, 08:09 AM
That's funny.

This guy sure looks like a terrorist to me. :rolleyes:

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/extra/images/jan-june01/mcveigh_box.jpg

He was just mislead.

Tricky
25-Jan-2011, 08:59 AM
I notice a fair bit of mobile phone footage of the immediate aftermath of this bombing is all over the news sites and youtube, typical ghouls that would rather stand there filming it than help people who have been injured :rolleyes:

Publius
25-Jan-2011, 09:33 AM
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Russia-Bomb-At-Moscows-Domodedovo-Airport-Kills-At-Least-31-People-And-Injures-More/Article/201101415909270?lpos=World_News_Carousel_Region_0&lid=ARTICLE_15909270_Russia%3A_Bomb_At_Moscows_Dom odedovo_Airport_Kills_At_Least_31_People_And_Injur es_More

Bad news indeed! I wonder if Russia will be restrained in its response or go steaming in to wherever those responsible were from....:confused:

If it's the Chechens again, it's not the first or the worst such attack, even in Moscow. They go steaming in each time but doesn't seem to do much good.