PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 (NGP) demoed in Tokyo this morning (VIDEO)

krakenslayer
27-Jan-2011, 12:52 PM
FsAq-sMLTEw

Looks pretty badass. I read that the GPU is clocked to a speed and power somewhere north of the Xbox 1's and a little south of the Xbox 360's. However, graphically this looks about equal to early 360 games like Just Cause. Presumably it can produce such a stunning result with somewhat less processing power because it doesn't have to run at 1080p (although I'm sure it's capable of that) or need to render as many tiny details onto the smaller screen. Yet, the word is that the GPU has actually been underclocked in order to conserve battery life and heat output, and is capable of far, far more when running flat-out.

It also has a quad core processor capable of running at 2ghz per core with a 4mb cache, which is a bit faster than the processor in my desktop PC (although again, expect this to be underclocked to about half that for the aforementioned reasons, but it's still a beast).

Also note the myriad input options.

Danny
27-Jan-2011, 02:27 PM
This shit is gonna be fucking diamonds for modding. if i had to choose an NGP or 3DS this wins purely because ive got a ds lite which is perfectly fine for what is, compared to a handheld being touted as a competitor for a 360? no contest for me.

krakenslayer
27-Jan-2011, 02:36 PM
Definitely. In some ways it is actually a more powerful system than the 360. The 360 doesn't have a quad core processor for a start.

I wonder how much it will cost. Probably gabbabazillions. :confused:

Danny
27-Jan-2011, 02:54 PM
Definitely. In some ways it is actually a more powerful system than the 360. The 360 doesn't have a quad core processor for a start.

I wonder how much it will cost. Probably gabbabazillions. :confused:

if half the stuff the modding forums are already talking about can be done with the power behind this its very much worth it though.

krakenslayer
27-Jan-2011, 03:23 PM
My worry is not over whether or not it will be worth it, but whether or not I will physically have enought money to buy one. ;)

bassman
27-Jan-2011, 03:57 PM
I haven't really played a hand held since the Gameboy....so yeah....my mind is pretty well blown. :stunned:

krakenslayer
27-Jan-2011, 04:45 PM
Totally.

If this thing has an HDMI output to play it on the TV, it may take a big bite out of future PS3 sales.

blind2d
27-Jan-2011, 04:55 PM
Wow... the future, eh? I don't know if I'll ever get used to it... even if it is the present...

CoinReturn
27-Jan-2011, 05:23 PM
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled10mju.jpg

Portable my balls, this thing is freakin' huge!

It doesn't come out for a year? By that time the 3DS will have a stranglehold on the handheld market, and people will be wondering why PSP2 doesn't have 3D capabilities.

Cool tech for sure, but I foresee the same fate for this as the original.

bassman
27-Jan-2011, 05:25 PM
Well....they consider the Ipad "portable", so I don't really see this as any different. More screen than the last one, anyway...

Danny
27-Jan-2011, 05:38 PM
http://www.abload.de/img/untitled10mju.jpg

Portable my balls, this thing is freakin' huge!

It doesn't come out for a year? By that time the 3DS will have a stranglehold on the handheld market, and people will be wondering why PSP2 doesn't have 3D capabilities.

Cool tech for sure, but I foresee the same fate for this as the original.

3D in the cinemas been in a decline with audiences choosing the 2d option more often than not, as deep into the screen as it may look i cannot see it being truly revolutionary enough to give it enough oomph, especially so close after the dsi

MikePizzoff
28-Jan-2011, 07:28 AM
Aw man... it's got motion-sensitivity built into it? AND an Uncharted game?!?! Sign me up.

Danny
02-Feb-2011, 03:50 AM
oUqD8zJJCZ0

OH. SHIT. SON.

I'm not one to gush over how something looks buts quite a step up from the psp even if its less than completely real time stuff.