PDA

View Full Version : Catapult seized at the US/Mexico border

bassman
27-Jan-2011, 02:05 PM
Acting on a tip from the U.S. Border Patrol, the Mexican military confiscated 45 pounds of marijuana, an SUV and a metal-framed catapult just south of the border with Arizona last Friday. The U.S. tip was based on surveillance video of the border region, recorded by National Guard troops deployed to help U.S. border guards.

The catapult, 3 yards high, was capable of launching 4.4 pounds of marijuana at a time, an unidentified Mexican army officer told Arizona TV station KVOA. The men who had been spotted testing the device managed to run off before Mexican soldiers were able to catch them.

2YLby2mxzp4

I've heard crazy stories of catapults and slingshots being used, but never actually thought they were real. You got to give it to these guys - Tried and true methods are sometimes the best. :lol:

Danny
27-Jan-2011, 02:33 PM
common sense would suggest the government would have thought of this 60 years ago :lol:

MikePizzoff
28-Jan-2011, 07:13 AM
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this is hilarious. Gotta love the ingenuity of these drug lords.

blind2d
28-Jan-2011, 12:38 PM
I don't know... looks more like a trebuchet to me... however the hell you spell that... still, kinda funny.

BillyRay
30-Jan-2011, 07:08 PM
If it didn't work, they could build a large wooden badger...

And here I had thought the War on Drugs was already absurd.

Rancid Carcass
30-Jan-2011, 09:07 PM
Hmm... having watched the clip I'm left feeling a little disappointed - thought it might have been a catapult launching illeagal immigrants over the boarder, Robin Hood Prince of Thieves style... damn it! :(

blind2d
30-Jan-2011, 09:33 PM
Mm... great film. Childhood, happy memories.