PDA

View Full Version : Is NOTLD '68 going to get a proper Blu Ray release?

MKaneJeeves
27-Jan-2011, 03:11 PM
I recently got a Blu Ray player and want to stock up of my fav titles. I've found Dawn and Day but can't seem to find an official release of Night in the states. I know there's an import and of course, a few no-name releases, but none from the likes of Elite, Anchor Bay, Dimension, etc. DOes anyone know if there is an official release or will there be one around the corner soon?

bassman
27-Jan-2011, 03:17 PM
To my knowledge there's not yet a Region 1 release of Night on blu ray. I don't think there's been any sort of announcement or hint that one is coming, either. Dubious Comforts is the resident king of Night information, so maybe he'll know something.

On a related note, we have heard rumors of Savini working on a blu ray director's cut of Night 90.....

Gryphon
27-Jan-2011, 04:29 PM
On a related note, we have heard rumors of Savini working on a blu ray director's cut of Night 90.....

Now THAT is good news :D

DubiousComforts
27-Jan-2011, 05:17 PM
DOes anyone know if there is an official release or will there be one around the corner soon?

The problem with an official NIGHT blu-ray release is that the Weisteins have the home video rights until at least 2018 (it was part of the Diary of the Dead deal brokered by Peter Grunwald) and the Weinsteins' financial woes are well-known.

JDFP
27-Jan-2011, 05:47 PM
Hell, we don't really have an *official* release of "Dawn" either really on blu ray -- just a one disc with just the theatrical cut of the film? No thanks. Anchor Bay you had me double-dip on the DVD's for the single disc extended edition (the annoying one where it played half on one side and then you had to flip to the other side to watch the other half) before getting the four-disc set and now I'm going to upgrade to Blu-Ray again -- as soon as you release the extended on blu ray. But, if you think you're going to get me to buy the theatrical on blu-ray just to have to replace it with the extended a few years down the road from now -- well, you're nuckin' futs.

j.p.

bassman
27-Jan-2011, 06:05 PM
I believe the theatrical cut is pretty much an *official* release, JD. :shifty:

I have no evidence to suggest otherwise, but considering the condition of the extended cut scenes in the UE, I believe you're going to be waiting a long time to get the UE on blu ray.

Besides.....the Dawn blu ray can be found for five or ten bucks these days. Buy it, ya cheapskate! :p