PDA

View Full Version : OK, Star Wars fans, get ready to scratch out your eyes....

Kaos
30-Jan-2011, 05:07 PM
UkTQwP2gFxU

Wow.

bassman
30-Jan-2011, 05:15 PM
Eh....It's no worse than the Christmas special.

Besides...it's at a theme park. It's more for the kids, not the 30 year olds still screaming Lucas wrecked their childhood. You ever been to a Six Flags theme park? Batman, Superman, and all the DC superheros running around doing stupid crap like this all day...

Kaos
30-Jan-2011, 05:26 PM
I think everyone realizes the context of the video - however Vader doing the Thriller dance is something the Star Wars special might as well have had.

BTW - I remember the holiday special as a kid and I wondered why they made it suck so much. It didn't wreck my childhood, but it made it pretty clear to me as a child that something Star Wars could suck. :)

bassman
30-Jan-2011, 05:36 PM
I think everyone realizes the context of the video

But it's worth scratching out our eyes? :p

MikePizzoff
30-Jan-2011, 06:27 PM
Nothing like watching Chewie get down to some Kenny Loggins (he is sooo 20th century).

[nerd alert]
I'm actually showing Episode IV on my projector tonight, since my buddy has somehow never seen the trilogy! Also, last week him and his girlfriend were over my place and she said the following: "Did you know they recently changed the original Star Wars name to A New Hope?!" :annoyed:

blind2d
30-Jan-2011, 09:25 PM
Ha... haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... hahahahaha! Ha! Aha! Hahaha!
Excuse me, *ahem, I'm back, what'd I miss?
Oh yeah, how was everyone's Life Day?
Niiiice... thanks for sharing this!

axlish
30-Jan-2011, 11:35 PM
My face hurts from smiling too hard. Great video! The Wookie and the Jawa were robbed but Darth did steal the show.

Kaos
30-Jan-2011, 11:48 PM
But it's worth scratching out our eyes? :p

The word of the day is facetious. ;) Actually kudos are in order for Vader and Chewie. It is hard enough to walk in those costumes, let alone dance.

JDFP
31-Jan-2011, 12:20 AM
I thought it was fantastic, I was laughing my ass off. Until the "Thriller" video came on and then I got up and started dancing with Lord Vader and...

Oh, wait, never mind. Forget I said that last part.

The make-up here was actually pretty damn good considering. I wonder how well these people get paid for this and how long they have to practice.

j.p.

Publius
10-Feb-2011, 09:53 AM
Also, last week him and his girlfriend were over my place and she said the following: "Did you know they recently changed the original Star Wars name to A New Hope?!" :annoyed:

Maybe she's like 95 years old, so 1981 seems recent to her? :P