PDA

View Full Version : Another day another work experience...

Rottedfreak
20-Jun-2006, 07:48 AM
And it's occurred to me, if companies want to make use of your abilities and you to give your time for their benefit they should at least have the courtesy to pay you for it. Otherwise it's a form of slavery that should be revised.

bassman
20-Jun-2006, 12:24 PM
So you work....for free?...

Cykotic
20-Jun-2006, 12:38 PM
Dan, if they aren't paying you, you really need to do something about it. Demand that you should be paid for the work that you are doing and if not, leave...

Dawg
20-Jun-2006, 12:57 PM
:p

And if not and you are working at a union job, that is in violation of your contract. If you are not a union job, that is a violation of federal law anyway. (If you live in the U.S. that is.)

:dead: Dawg

HLS
21-Jun-2006, 10:35 PM
And it's occurred to me, if companies want to make use of your abilities and you to give your time for their benefit they should at least have the courtesy to pay you for it. Otherwise it's a form of slavery that should be revised.
I agree. I love my current job but they are training me for work that is more of a supervisors job and of course they are not going to pay me one cent more. :mad: Oh well.

HLS
22-Jun-2006, 02:32 PM
what are you talking about? anybody who works for free is an idiot and deserves to be exploited.. that will give them less money to go out on dates, marry and reproduce their low IQ offspring that are sure to follow...

what was the question again?:p
Maybe he means he is getting paid but not being paid what he is worth for the job?

LouCipherr
22-Jun-2006, 02:46 PM
Maybe he means he is getting paid but not being paid what he is worth for the job?

I think we ALL qualifiy for that, don't we? :D

I've never had a job pay me what I think I deserve, but then again, maybe my expectations are too high. :lol:

DjfunkmasterG
22-Jun-2006, 03:17 PM
I think we ALL qualifiy for that, don't we? :D

I've never had a job pay me what I think I deserve, but then again, maybe my expectations are too high. :lol:

Same here. I think I am worth 6 figures... (high 6 figures), but alas I am only mid to high 5's. The work place is total BS! :D

bassman
22-Jun-2006, 04:35 PM
Same here. I think I am worth 6 figures... (high 6 figures), but alas I am only mid to high 5's. The work place is total BS! :D

You should start your own business and pay yourself whatever you think you deserve. It's great:D