PDA

View Full Version : 'Zombies Ate My Neighbors' film adaptation

bassman
04-Feb-2011, 07:59 PM
That's right. Zombie comedies are so popular right now, they're turning a 90's video game into a feature film....

http://www.joblo.com/zombies-ate-my-neighbors-will-be-gnawing-on-your-brains-in-theaters

http://jupiterbeagle.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/zamn.png

Okay...I love Shaun and Zombieland was great, but do we have to run this into the ground? At least try some more serious zombie efforts. The Walking Dead proved it can be done, right?...

Danny
04-Feb-2011, 09:09 PM
if they set it in the 80's it could be pretty damn funny. In a nostalgic kinda way.

Andy
04-Feb-2011, 09:52 PM
Did the game even have a plot?

Mitchified
04-Feb-2011, 10:22 PM
Did the game even have a plot?

It was something to do with a mad scientist bringing movies to life. In short, no, not really.

This could actually be really, really good, assuming that it isn't actually a zombie comedy. If they have it more like the game where there's all these ridiculous monsters running around and two random teenagers with squirt guns and bazookas, it could be really funny.

sandrock74
05-Feb-2011, 01:35 AM
My buddies and I used to sit around and play this game while having a few drinks and humorously trying to make the game seem so dramatic and tense. It was the only zombie game in town, pre-Resident Evil.

Legion2213
05-Feb-2011, 03:18 PM
Used to love that game - Waterpistols FTW!!! :D

ProfessorChaos
05-Feb-2011, 06:59 PM
i got this game for christmas back when it came out and played the hell out of it till i beat it.... one of the first titles i purchased on the VC when i got my wii last fall. not sure if i'd care to see a movie version of it, though.

MikePizzoff
07-Feb-2011, 01:55 PM
Fuck, I still worship this game to this day. I'm getting the feeling that they'll use the video game title and the movie won't even have a bit of relationship with anything else in the game.

Danny
08-Feb-2011, 05:11 PM
Fuck, I still worship this game to this day. I'm getting the feeling that they'll use the video game title and the movie won't even have a bit of relationship with anything else in the game.

but what if they did dude? what if they did?

DjfunkmasterG
08-Feb-2011, 08:55 PM
Zack Snyder is directing....

j/k but I bet he'd do it

bassman
08-Feb-2011, 09:55 PM

j/k but I bet he'd do it

Sure he would. Quick chance to cash in on someone else's idea? That's a Snyder staple. :p

MikePizzoff
10-Feb-2011, 08:08 AM

j/k but I bet he'd do it

Water guns in slow motion.... AND 3-D!!!

JonOfTheShred
11-Feb-2011, 11:15 PM
It should be kinda like Scott Pilgrim vs the World meets Kick-Ass. Hell, why not even make it a musical, get the Mighty Boosh involved or something.

paultagonist
11-Feb-2011, 11:24 PM
Water guns in slow motion.... AND 3-D!!!

Hahahahahaha, oh I loled hard.

DjfunkmasterG
14-Feb-2011, 08:08 PM
I would probably pay the premium to see it too

Mitchified
16-Feb-2011, 07:27 PM
How could you not make it into an epic 3D movie? The male main character wears 3D glasses. It would almost be false advertising not to!

paultagonist
19-Feb-2011, 10:42 PM
I just downloaded the ROM of this game and played it for the first time. It's pretty fun stuff, lots of fun, and kinda creative to boot. Maybe it's because I'm not really a gamer, but the game seemed kinda hard to me though. Still tons of fun.

acealive1
20-Feb-2011, 05:23 AM
OOHHH shit!!!!! i LOVED this game when i was a kid. me and a friend would play it ENDLESSLY day after day

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

Used to love that game - Waterpistols FTW!!! :D

dont forget lawnmowers and weed whackers