http://www.draftregistration.us/images/unclesam.jpg

http://www.draftregistration.us/

bassman
20-Jun-2006, 02:14 PM
:lol:

That's pretty funny.

tju1973
20-Jun-2006, 03:07 PM
When can we get the draft going again? Being a vet, it fn urks me to see all these whiny *ssed liberals punk b*tches slinking out of federal service...

Buck up and do your part.

No slackers.

:mad:

bassman
20-Jun-2006, 03:10 PM
When can we get the draft going again? Being a vet, it fn urks me to see all these whiny *ssed liberals punk b*tches slinking out of federal service...

No slackers.

Yeah...buck up and do your part: Choose Fed Ex or UPS for the delivery of your remains:D

Arcades057
20-Jun-2006, 03:50 PM
There are more murders a day in NY city and LA than in Iraq against US troops... Where's the real violence problem?

p2501
20-Jun-2006, 04:25 PM

No slackers.

ummm yeah.

sorry but dyng to secure a better contract for Haliburton or KBR doesn't have **** to do with defending the country.

it's just more party line BS from the white house.

Mike70
20-Jun-2006, 04:45 PM

No slackers.

i'm a vet too and of a totally different opinion. i oppose a draft completely. i would work to stop it or help folks circumvent it. that is the one of the main reasons my son's citizenship is canadian not american. i am utterly opposed to the idea that the govt. should be able to compel young people to go off to kill people and be killed simply to make other folks rich. the only people war serves are the scumbags that get rich by making the bombs, guns, and ammunition - and the companies like brown & root and halliburton that get mega contracts out of it. if the rich in this country want to protect their oil interests and make money off of human misery and suffering i have a suggestion - they have children too, send them NOT the children of the poor.

i have seen what war is like up front and only the most simplistic fool on planet earth would think it is anything that decent humans should ever be a part of. it is a degrading, dehumanizing experience for everybody involved - soldiers and civilians alike.

besides - do you really want a military made up of people who absolutely don't want to be there and absolutely don't believe in what they are doing?

i've done my "part" in the military and i have come to realize something we would all do well to take up or at least consider - this country and by extension, its govt. should be here to serve me and its other citizens. i am not here to serve it. i am not a cog, nor is anyone else, in the machinery of state. when this country spends almost $300 billion on murdering our fellow human beings but cannot and will not provide basic healthcare, even to its poorest citizens, won't subsidize daycare for working parents, won't provide decent maternity/family leave to people (in canada you get something like 35-38 weeks off with 50% pay) it is time to seriously reconsider just what it is that america stands for. what it stands for now isn't anything i really want to be a part of and that saddens me.

my family have been over here for over 300 years, having fled england for maryland because they were catholic. i think the folks who founded this country would be sickened by what it is turning into.

EvilNed
20-Jun-2006, 05:41 PM
tju1973, consider yourself pwned. Reps to scipio. A) For calling himself Scipio, which is a cool name (Even Hannibal would have to admit that much), B) because he quotes Aeschyles in his sig and C) because he makes more damn sense than the entire congress.

DjfunkmasterG
20-Jun-2006, 05:51 PM
Yeah...buck up and do your part: Choose Fed Ex or UPS for the delivery of your remains:D

NICE.... Rep for you :D

No slackers.

Sorry, I respect your veteran status, but I am not going to let myself be drafted to fight a war for OIL... it isn't about terror it is about the oil. When the war starts focussing on terror again then maybe I will change my views, until then I sit here waiting to run to Canada.

To all you folks whom thought this wouldn't be another vietnam... Well... it's another vietnam.

general tbag
20-Jun-2006, 06:30 PM
why does everyone want to run to canada ;p is it the beer, or hot chicks, or the tim hortons.

p2501
20-Jun-2006, 06:31 PM
nice.

but who's running to canada?

tju1973
20-Jun-2006, 08:44 PM

No slackers.

While I am accused of being "right wing", my post was actually being sarcastic of the whole deal...ie war.

I support the war, but do not advocate a draft-- mainly becasue if you don't voluntarily enlist, the performance the government gets out of you will probably be sub par and -- well sh*tty.

Also, I was quoting the almighty Jose with the "No slackers" line...

:rockbrow:

bassman
20-Jun-2006, 09:07 PM
To whoever gave me the negative rep for this post(you know who you are).....can you not take a joke?

moron...

DjfunkmasterG
20-Jun-2006, 09:37 PM
To whoever gave me the negative rep for this post(you know who you are).....can you not take a joke?

moron...

Same here... This rep system is total bullsh*t! Bunch of pussies whom don't like comments because it doesn't support their agenda. Screw the right wing, you wanna go die for a BS cause be my guest. This puppy is keeping his ass put in the safe confines of my office and editing suite.

And to whom left me the neg rep... What do you mean I make zero sense? I make perfect sense. This is NOT a war on terror it is a war for the greed of Oil. This war ceased being a war on terror when they stopped looking for Osama.

EvilNed
20-Jun-2006, 09:48 PM

moron...

Same thing happened to me. Some idiot gave me a negative review point for my post on giving reps to Scipio. The argument? "Blame Canada".

I think it'd be alot better if people could just give positive rep. I once tried to give negative rep to a post, and I messed up and ended up being positive... Never tried it again after that.

MapMan
20-Jun-2006, 09:58 PM
I am a Veteran. FREE SPEECH TO ALL ! On that note:

This is not political rhetoric. We are down to the line folks, we have to remain rational, unemotional, we've got to remain rational, logical, logical, logical, we've got remain logical, we've got to remain logical, we've got to, there's no choice, it has to be, its down to the end.

Mike70
20-Jun-2006, 10:32 PM
well evilned, bassman, and djfunk i am in the same boat. someone gave me a negative point for being rational and logical in a post - attached to it was the idiotic comment "join the revolution". well i guess the little children's hour must have been in effect.

if you are being facetious or are kidding in a post - clearly indicate it. none of us on here read minds and most of us are not going to waste time trying to figure out what you mean- especially if your post has a header on it that reads "all jokes aside."

dmbfanintn
20-Jun-2006, 11:55 PM
why does everyone want to run to canada ;p is it the beer, or hot chicks, or the tim hortons.

It's the weed man, the weed!

Danny
21-Jun-2006, 12:09 AM

no to get the autographs of the trailer park boys.:lol:

general tbag
21-Jun-2006, 12:30 AM
It's the weed man, the weed!

shhhhhh that the canadian secret shhhhhhh everyone knows it the weed

yea and the trailer park boys, cant wait for the movie coming out.

btw if anyone wants to watch the trailer park boys, google video it, they are kind enough to allow posting of episodes for your viewing pleasure. pretty funny stuff by any standards.

Danny
21-Jun-2006, 12:48 AM
its strange its ingenius yet immature to the extreme at the same time tis the little things little bubbles yelling "COCKSUCKER!" in surprise in the middle of a fire fight that cracks me up even though i know someones gonna go to jail, and god damn jim lahely is STILL a drunk bastard.:D

hey it wasnt censored- LEGEND!

general tbag
21-Jun-2006, 12:53 AM
it rocks cause i think they pull off the trailor park trash thing off pretty close, also jona form jonavision is pretty funny as white rapper. drugs, women and guns, what morre could u ask for in a show .

Danny
21-Jun-2006, 06:25 AM
nothing its like my name is earl squared.:D

Zombie-A-GoGo
21-Jun-2006, 11:01 AM

No slackers.

That's kind of funny because I'm always asking the Young Republicans and Campus Conservatives at my school when they plan on enlisting, since they support the war and all. None of them plan to. They keep saying something about there are some people for some jobs (poor, minority, etc. to fight and die) and other people for other jobs (well-to-do, white, etc. to make sure daddy's business gets passed down to them).

Here's a fine link, if you haven't seen it yet: http://operationyellowelephant.blogspot.com/

Mike70
21-Jun-2006, 09:49 PM
That's kind of funny because I'm always asking the Young Republicans and Campus Conservatives at my school when they plan on enlisting, since they support the war and all. None of them plan to. They keep saying something about there are some people for some jobs (poor, minority, etc. to fight and die) and other people for other jobs (well-to-do, white, etc. to make sure daddy's business gets passed down to them).

gee how nice of them to wrap social darwinism, classcism, and racism up into one nice idiotic package. the ancients, particularly the greeks and romans, handled this sort of thing so much better than we do. among the athenians (and most other greek city states) EVERYBODY fought - everybody. in fact the rich were expected to bear more of the burden of war because they had more to lose. the roman republic required military service as a pre-requisite for any kind of career in publice service.

just how many of the scumbags responsible for starting or voting for this craptastic, murderous endeavour in iraq have loved ones actually risking their asses over there? not very many at all.

HLS
21-Jun-2006, 10:37 PM
http://www.draftregistration.us/images/unclesam.jpg

http://www.draftregistration.us/

funny but scary at the same time