PDA

View Full Version : Is Condemned any good?

Mr. Clean
14-Feb-2011, 03:58 PM
A friends and I were talking about this game the other day. I had forgetton about it but if it's worth a play I'll pick it up.

darth los
14-Feb-2011, 05:35 PM
Well, the first, was a launch title for the 360 so expect it to be a tad dated. But the atmosphere is great very suspensful game for alot of the same reasons Aln Wake is. For example, the first level you're in is a "condemned" building, And I'll be damned if you're not expecting things to jump out at you the whole time. The thing is nothing hardly ever does but that doesn't mean you aren't shitting your pants the whole time. :shifty:

Very Cool.

The second is an upgrade in almost every area including way more NPC's to interact with. If you can only get one I'd say get the second.

:cool:

Danny
14-Feb-2011, 06:48 PM
For example, the first level you're in is a "condemned" building,

Every building in the condemned games are condemned, hence the name.

The first is a samey but altogether atmospheric fps survival horror. the second? yeesh. it has one redeeming moment, your in a cabin on a snowy mountain with a rabid grizzly bear after you. other than that the heros no longer a fat asian guy hes an emo white body builder, it abandons all mystery to out and out reveal everything and has a final act so mind numbingly stupid its like cutting the last scene from jacobs ladder and adding in any episode of dragonball z instead.

get the first for something unique, avoid the second like the plague, i beat it in like 3 hrs, then promptly returned to the store for a refund.

Exatreides
15-Feb-2011, 02:35 AM
They are actually a couple of my favorite games.

They both manage to incorporate a hand to hand style first person fighting system that only rivals the chronically of riddick. Both are fun in my opinion.

The first if only for the creepy ass manican store level

The second if only for the Bear.

Good games I think, but what do I know.

White_Zombie
15-Feb-2011, 07:20 AM
I'd go for the first Condemned, i enjoyed it MUCH better than the second.
The story line is awesome! I also liked the combat especially the melee weapons.

darth los
16-Feb-2011, 04:48 PM
Talking about these got me to wanting to play them again. I just bought them on the way to work. There are some loose ends (achievements) that I need to clean up. :D

As a matter of fact I've been on some "older" game shit lately. One of the few lamentable things (if you can even call it that) nowdays is that there are too many good games out at the sametime. The regrettable thing is that I don't get into game nearly as profoundly as I used to because it seems like every month I'm being deluged with like 5 hot, must play games.

So games like dead space and singularity, which are similar imo, don't get the full appreciation that they should.

:cool:

Mr. Clean
17-Feb-2011, 02:00 AM
Does the cut scene after the first level get explained a little more? I was kinda confused going into the second level because you were thrown out a window and landed on a car only to wake up on your couch in your apartment. Then, your told the events that happened and to run but I didn't quite get how he made it to his couch. Did I miss something or is that explained later?

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 PM ----------

I've made it like 3 or 4 chapters in now and probably almost shit myself 6 or 7 times. Craziest shit I've ever played or at least top 3. :eek:

Manhunt wasn't even this spooky.