PDA

View Full Version : Dark Knight sequel coming to Pittsburgh?

thxleo
16-Feb-2011, 06:39 PM
I hope this really happens...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11046/1125419-60.stm

bassman
16-Feb-2011, 06:57 PM
Warner Bros., the studio behind the "Dark Knight" movies, could not confirm the Pittsburgh location Monday.

So we're just dropping Batman Begins entirely, are we? :p

I've also heard that they rushed to get a few matte shots of NYC covered in snow a few weeks ago. Hopefully they'll still use Chicago as the main backdrop to maintain the continuity.

Mitchified
16-Feb-2011, 07:01 PM
Hopefully if there is indeed filming in Pittsburgh, it's for specific locations only and not as the main backdrop for the movie. Gotham City was originally patterned after Chicago in the comics, and in The Dark Knight it really had that perfect feel to it.

bassman
16-Feb-2011, 07:15 PM
Gotham City was originally patterned after Chicago in the comics, and in The Dark Knight it really had that perfect feel to it.

Actually, I believe Gotham was originally based on New York. Chicago was chosen as Gotham in the recent franchise because Nolan grew up there. He says that somewhere on the Begins dvd, iirc.

Mitchified
16-Feb-2011, 07:25 PM
Yeah, that was a typo, it should have read "Gotham City was orginally patterned after Chicago in the movies". In the comics it was indeed based off of New York City, although writers actually patterned a lot of the storylines (most notably The Long Halloween) after the Chicago crime families.

bassman
18-Feb-2011, 03:56 PM
Might not come to Pittsburgh after all....

The tax credit program has currently been put on hold until the state budget is passed next month, which means the city, and the state, could lose out on big business.

"We believe that the new administration in Harrisburg, they understand the economics of all of that. Now is not the time to get out of the movie business, so to speak," said Pittsburgh Film Office Chairman Russ Streiner.

Streiner said applications can be filed up to 90 days prior to principal photography.

Pittsburgh-based Nancy Mosser Casting sent an e-mail to WTAE Channel 4 Action News Thursday night encouraging residents to contact local lawmakers and Pa. Gov. Tom Corbett to keep the productions from leaving.

"The producers of Batman and 2 other movies have all said if the money is not released they WILL go elsewhere and Pittsburgh will lose an astronomical amount of money," read a statement on the casting agency's website.

Mitchified
18-Feb-2011, 04:04 PM
It's probably for the best. This way Anne Hathaway won't accidentally find herself alone in a bar near Ben Rothlisburger. Although since she's in her late twenties she might be too old for him to be a problem anyway.

DjfunkmasterG
21-Feb-2011, 06:26 PM
It's probably for the best. This way Anne Hathaway won't accidentally find herself alone in a bar near Ben Rothlisburger. Although since she's in her late twenties she might be too old for him to be a problem anyway.

LMAO... I was thinking the same thing. Best to keep her away from the rapist

bassman
21-Feb-2011, 06:43 PM
Nolan and his crew were spotted on Smithfield Street in the Burgh last week. Even if the tax thing falls through, I'm thinking that if these guys took the time to go there themselves and if Nolan REALLY wants to use the city....Warner Brothers will let him do what he wants. So if I had to guess, I would say this picture is a pretty good sign that leo will get his wish.

http://cdn.batman-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/nolan-pittsburgh.jpg

thxleo
21-Feb-2011, 10:35 PM
Nolan and his crew were spotted on Smithfield Street in the Burgh last week. Even if the tax thing falls through, I'm thinking that if these guys took the time to go there themselves and if Nolan REALLY wants to use the city....Warner Brothers will let him do what he wants. So if I had to guess, I would say this picture is a pretty good sign that leo will get his wish.

http://cdn.batman-news.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/nolan-pittsburgh.jpg

I saw this photo on the news this evening. I was thinking along the same lines as you that maybe Warner Bros will just say to hell with it and allow Nolan to film here because the city is aesthetically what Nolan is looking for. Who knows?
I've already signed an online letter and emailed it to the Governor's office, but with states cutting back I don't think he will continue the tax breaks. Back in 2004, there were no tax breaks and that's why Romero ended up filming in Toronto.
Seeing Christopher Nolan shooting a Batman film here in Pittsburgh would just be incredible. That's why I'm sure it won't happen. LOL

thxleo
05-Apr-2011, 06:42 PM
Yes! Now, to become an extra somehow...

http://postgazette.com/pg/11095/1137149-348.stm