PDA

View Full Version : New left 4 dead 2 dlc?

Danny
17-Feb-2011, 01:34 PM
Valve has released a few details on what the next downloadable content package for Left 4 Dead 2 will contain and when we can expect to see it.

The DLC, which has not yet been given an official name, will feature a new community campaign called 'Cold Stream' and is created by Matthew Lourdelet, who L4D vets may also recognise as the same person behind the popular '2 Evil Eyes' campaign.

The pack will also feature the three remaining Left 4 Dead 1 campaigns. Valve has also invited players check out a beta version of Cold Stream and submit feedback on it.

Though it didn't provide a specific release date, the company has said that it would be available "sometime after Portal 2".

Whelp if this is confirmed guess every left 4 dead 360 disc will be completely obsolete huh?

darth los
17-Feb-2011, 05:43 PM
No link hells? :shifty:

But i trust ya. And you just knew when i read this I'd come running. :lol:

Funny you should post this cause me and my team were discussing the next l4d possibilities and we said that we'd be cool with future dlc just being updates on the other 3 l4d maps if it means all new work is toward l4d 3, which you just know is coming at some point.

Valve tends to leave it's franchises twisting in the wind for years on end and it would suck if the same happened with the l4d franchise. I feel the current games have run their course and updates are fine, but can we get a fresh game please? :(

:cool:

Danny
17-Feb-2011, 06:29 PM
I only hope the integration of the best fan made campaigns means more variance. i lvoe all of 2's maps but hard rain is the only one that feels like a step up form the first game and not a different location of the same thing like all the others.

I've said it before and ill say it again. I want a campaign set in canada during a massive blizzard in winter. you cant see well and stick near burning trashcan fires to stay moving quick.

-also very glad i ponied the £10 to get this on my mac so i dont have to pay for all this. :D

Danny
14-May-2011, 01:05 PM
so anyone tried cold stream yet?

Personally its buggy. too many points where you are running through a stream and up on a high bank a smoker is untargetable but you are. scripts with forest fire and rockslides can tickle you slightly and you are down on the floor and in the red.
The sound kept breaking up and at one point i had colossal slowdown.

That said my biggest criticism is that it lacks direction. forest portion? great. running through a building in a flashflood being careful not to get washed down stairs? great. but knowing how to get there? failure.

I get its not valve made but if you listened to their commentaries you know everything is designed to guide the player. direction of lighting in darkness, placement of vehicles and directions are all subliminal guidance. Here i reached points where i had no fucking idea where i was going and had to back track- if i wasnt stuck on invisible walls or touched a clippy vehicle and got nocked down.

still its a beta test for folks with the steam version and i dug its change of pace. but its still got a lot of work before its official release. -i hope.

Neil
14-May-2011, 07:08 PM
so anyone tried cold stream yet?

Personally its buggy. too many points where you are running through a stream and up on a high bank a smoker is untargetable but you are. scripts with forest fire and rockslides can tickle you slightly and you are down on the floor and in the red.
The sound kept breaking up and at one point i had colossal slowdown.

That said my biggest criticism is that it lacks direction. forest portion? great. running through a building in a flashflood being careful not to get washed down stairs? great. but knowing how to get there? failure.

I get its not valve made but if you listened to their commentaries you know everything is designed to guide the player. direction of lighting in darkness, placement of vehicles and directions are all subliminal guidance. Here i reached points where i had no fucking idea where i was going and had to back track- if i wasnt stuck on invisible walls or touched a clippy vehicle and got nocked down.

still its a beta test for folks with the steam version and i dug its change of pace. but its still got a lot of work before its official release. -i hope.

I think it's OK...

They've added a lot (at least to the first map) since it was first released! You now of course have the sliding doors to open to get down into the pit leading to the safe room, which you didn't used to have!