PDA

View Full Version : Car Explosion? Real or not?

Neil
17-Feb-2011, 07:06 PM
sqNRLvrXKmM

bassman
17-Feb-2011, 07:28 PM
Judging by the real car bomb videos on youtube, I would say it's real. Seems to match them pretty well...

My question is why were they driving in the middle of the road?

blind2d
17-Feb-2011, 08:23 PM
So they could get a better shot of the explosion, bass. What other reason could there be?

MinionZombie
18-Feb-2011, 10:27 AM
Looks real to me - what's this from, some documentary footage some crew were shooting?

krakenslayer
18-Feb-2011, 11:21 AM
I'm pretty sure that's real. Judging by the fact that the vehicle with the camera was driving in the middle of the road, which is an army tactic to avoid roadside mines in conflict zones, I suspect it was some kind of military transport. A more learned man than I could probably tell you the region in which this event occurred, based on the geography and vegetation.

Neil
18-Feb-2011, 11:33 AM
Infront of them is a white truck... Infront of that is another truck... And that seems to drive straight into the blast! It's immediately infront of them!

krakenslayer
18-Feb-2011, 11:59 AM
Infront of them is a white truck... Infront of that is another truck... And that seems to drive straight into the blast! It's immediately infront of them!

Yeah, this explosion wasn't a mine - it was a car bomb (you can see the rigged vehicle approaching on the left hand side) - but the reason they were driving in the middle of the road was to avoid mines.

MinionZombie
18-Feb-2011, 04:11 PM
Yeah, this explosion wasn't a mine - it was a car bomb (you can see the rigged vehicle approaching on the left hand side) - but the reason they were driving in the middle of the road was to avoid mines.

Possibly some sort of UN convoy perhaps? White trucks with those bendy aerials on them?

Definitely a car bomb from that one approach just beforehand in the opposite lane on the left.

Neil
18-Feb-2011, 06:32 PM
Yeah, this explosion wasn't a mine - it was a car bomb (you can see the rigged vehicle approaching on the left hand side).
You can actually see that vehicle (the one coming in the other direction) swerve at the last second!

p2501
19-Mar-2011, 04:14 AM
seems legit. if you full screen it, at the last second you can catch the rigged vehicle turn into the convoy lane. Looks like the operator found their mark but set it off the device maybe a second too early.