PDA

View Full Version : so what would make a great zombie movie

general tbag
20-Jun-2006, 08:39 PM
what would make a great zombie movie that would be agreed to by all ....

me i like to see the whole scenario, from start to worldwide zombie domination. lots of guns, a hero saving a girl. the fall of society . how the outbreak occured. maybe a cure , maybe just annilation of the human race.....

i liked night of the living dead, it was pretty bang on , dawn was decent to .

Danny
21-Jun-2006, 12:07 AM
my perfect one would start at about the time of day or land i hate how all zombie flicks nowadays try to start there own virus scenario which means a ****e and unnessecary sequel, just start with action and never slow down, and add a weeping pirate/clown in the background of each scene, like the cat in tri-gun just for kicks to see if anyone said "whats with the clown?" a=odds are us british would be too polite and accept ti.:lol:

Philly_SWAT
21-Jun-2006, 01:05 AM
I would like to see a movie set in the GAR universe, dark and bleak and bereft of hope. Much darker than Day. One without clever one liners like knocking off a chunk of ice that kills a zombie in the head, and then the hero says "Iced that one". One where the group of survivors is generally getting along with each other. I think that is why I like Dawn better than Night or Day. The group of 4 were basically down with each other after some early feeling out issues. And one without a happy ending. I mean, how could an ending be happy in a world overrun with the undead? Look at the end of Land, riding off into the sunset, or in that case, the night sky filled with fireworks.

general tbag
21-Jun-2006, 01:49 AM
after thinking about it i would like to see a trilogy or mini series to cover all aspects. .

Graebel
21-Jun-2006, 10:26 AM
I'd like to see the survivors fight back. Really fight back.

War of the Dead.

Bleak like Day but with tons of zombie slaying. And for the characters to be more realistic, less card-boardy.(Is that a word?):D

bassman
21-Jun-2006, 12:35 PM
I would like to see a movie set in the GAR universe, dark and bleak and bereft of hope. Much darker than Day. One without clever one liners like knocking off a chunk of ice that kills a zombie in the head, and then the hero says "Iced that one". One where the group of survivors is generally getting along with each other. I think that is why I like Dawn better than Night or Day. The group of 4 were basically down with each other after some early feeling out issues. And one without a happy ending. I mean, how could an ending be happy in a world overrun with the undead? Look at the end of Land, riding off into the sunset, or in that case, the night sky filled with fireworks.

They weren't escaping the world of the undead. They were escaping their cage that was the fortified city. Freedom, man....freedom.

hadrian0117
06-Jul-2006, 12:02 AM
after thinking about it i would like to see a trilogy or mini series to cover all aspects. .

A zombie miniseries (on HBO or Showtime) would be alot better than a film. Much less pressure on the creator to make it marketable for the LCD crowd. I'd like to revisit the start of the outbreak. Show the chaos when it started, how governments dealt with it, how ordinary people (not survivalists) deal with it. Katrina is a great model for government respones. Every major city would look like a drier version of New Orleans. How fast does it take people and governments to accept that something that modern science tells us it totaly impossible. How do churchs react?

Marie
06-Jul-2006, 02:57 AM
[QUOTE=general tbag] lots of guns, a hero saving a girl. the fall of society .QUOTE]

Why not have a woman save a guy? It could happen....:cool:

M_

MapMan
06-Jul-2006, 03:26 AM
Resident Evil 1 and 2: Alice is one tough babe

Svengoolie
06-Jul-2006, 03:32 AM
I'd like to see some real effort put into a screenplay--plot, characters, pacing, dialogue that is representative of the characters speaking it, etc....

creepntom
06-Jul-2006, 03:40 AM
someone read reign of the dead & make that into a movie

Danny
06-Jul-2006, 04:50 AM
autumn as a movie/ tv series, simple as.:D

MaximusIncredulous
06-Jul-2006, 05:51 AM
Just make the great zombie movie an epic. A film that makes Ben-Hur look like a low budget indie flick. A film that's an experience for all times. A film that has people saying: "Well Dawn was great but it's no <insert title here>."

And make it nightmarish and triple-X gory as hell :evil:.

coma
06-Jul-2006, 01:46 PM
Look at the end of Land, riding off into the sunset, or in that case, the night sky filled with fireworks.

I thought that was stupid.The Philly Zombies learned, but Zombies up north would never have seen the fireworks before, so they would still have worked.

How about a Zombie movie with Characters that actually seem like people (The original trilogy, for example) rather than props for getting killed, or worse, shooting some big ass automatic weapon?An action movie withouit characters is just a video that goes on and on.

"I'd like to revisit the start of the outbreak. Show the chaos when it started, how governments dealt with it, how ordinary people (not survivalists) deal with it. Katrina is a great model for government respones. Every major city would look like a drier version of New Orleans. How fast does it take people and governments to accept that something that modern science tells us it totaly impossible. How do churchs react?"

That is exactly my sentiment. It's easy to make an "entertaing romp" with rambos with RPGs and Firearms that never run out of bullets. Try fighting off an army of undead with a pipe? THAT'S drama! a baby in one arm, a brick in the other. You have to run 10 blocks without shoes. You're out of ciggarettes. Harry and his wife in NOTLD, that's real.
I just can't stand, anymore, the Die Hard type Zombie movie. Paper thin characters, unbelievable semi relationships, Awful setups for a gratuious killing, and tons o; guns. House of the Dead is that whole garbage pile taken to the most extreme. Even if something is a total fantasy, I want it to seems real. If you believe most Movies, everyone in the US has an unnatural weapon fetish. It's just bunk.
Some guy tries to take my wallet. I don't whip out my 9mm and fill him fulla lead. I punch him in his teeth.

bassman
06-Jul-2006, 02:13 PM
That's been done. Over and over again.

You at least have to give Romero credit for bringing out a dead flick that sets you straight in the middle of the problem rather than making ANOTHER "beginning" flick like every dead film within the last decade.

I just can't stand, anymore, the Die Hard type Zombie movie. Paper thin characters, unbelievable semi relationships, Awful setups for a gratuious killing, and tons o; guns.

"Dawn04" is more guilty of this than "Land". "Land" has something to say. Something to read between the lines.

"Dawn04"....what is there to read into this, again..? The Olympics? Steroids? Velociraptors?
I'm so confused:confused:

:p

coma
06-Jul-2006, 02:20 PM
I wasn't thinking of Land, beacuse it made sense in context.

bassman
06-Jul-2006, 02:34 PM
I wasn't thinking of Land, beacuse it made sense in context.

I was using it as an example.