PDA

View Full Version : New English Nessie (not Lockness) photo

Neil
23-Feb-2011, 12:15 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8332535/New-photo-of-English-Nessie-hailed-as-best-yet.html

bassman
23-Feb-2011, 12:34 PM
Sounds about as real as those guys that had captured and stored Sasquatch in their freezer a year or two ago...

krakenslayer
23-Feb-2011, 12:51 PM
What's a Lockness? :p

Publius
24-Feb-2011, 09:00 AM
What's a Lockness? :p

The quality of being a lock?

krakenslayer
24-Feb-2011, 03:32 PM
The quality of being a lock?

Very good sir!

And indeed, that is a quality that the photograph lacks :)

Danny
24-Feb-2011, 07:57 PM
BOLLOCKS.

In the age of £50 HD cameras, hell HD picture taking phones not one bloody grainy, obscure picture should still be taken, let alone submitted as proof of something.

Plus honestly i would bet money on a sasquatch existing over nessie anyday.

krakenslayer
24-Feb-2011, 11:13 PM
BOLLOCKS.

In the age of £50 HD cameras, hell HD picture taking phones not one bloody grainy, obscure picture should still be taken, let alone submitted as proof of something.

Plus honestly i would bet money on a sasquatch existing over nessie anyday.

As someone who is very much interested in cryptozoology, I must say that I totally agree with this 100%.

People who think there are huge humped snakes or plesiosaurs living in densely populated areas like Great Britain are deluding themselves. Loch Ness for example, is only a few miles long, and very narrow, and it has one of the busiest roads in north-east Scotland running alonside it. It is not like the Amazon rainforest or something, where there are vast expanses of river and forests that no axe has ever cut: it is overlooked by homes and small towns, almost every square meter is covered by a CCTV or webcams, and it is regularly swept by monster hunting teams with sonar. And still we have nothing but a few grainy snaps of dark blobs that usually could be anything from a seal to a floating log. Sorry, but no chance. I'm not saying there aren't unusual things going on in the Loch - such as "seiches": narrow focused currents of air that cause strange disturbances on the water surface, for example - but these are all well understood physical phenomena caused by the surrounding geology. The closest thing to a "monster" that's possible is perhaps a colony of oversided eels that haven't yet been recorded living there, and even then, that's a pretty outside possibility and would only account for a minority of the reports (the rest being hoaxes and misidentifications of other animals/phenomena).

Sasquatch is a different propsition. North America, especially the Pacific Northwest and Canada, still has vast expanses of forested, rarely visited wilderness, many times larger than the whole of the UK. New primate species are being discovered all the time, so it's definitely not impossible that some sort of rare, large hominid possessing the intelligence and desire to remain hidden could survive undetected into the present day. It's pretty unlikely, but not impossible.

As far as the creature in this lake is concerned, there is a larger, uncropped version of the pic online that shows a small black intrusion poking into the far centre-right of the photo, which looks like it might be part of a boat, crane or other apparatus for dragging an object behind it...