PDA

View Full Version : Otherworld (1983 tv series)

Eyebiter
03-Mar-2011, 01:04 PM
Otherworld Intro and Credits U8idvQeM0kA

There is even an Otherworld fan site

http://www.otherworldonline.org/

AcesandEights
03-Mar-2011, 01:59 PM
Yup. I have fond memories of this very brief TV show. Even did some reading up on it via Wikipedia (iirc) last year during a particularly slow workday.

I won't say the show was good, but it kept me entertained well enough back in the day.

Thanks for the nostalgia-blast , Eyebiter.

Neil
04-Mar-2011, 12:06 PM
Never even heard of it!?

Mike70
04-Mar-2011, 01:22 PM
Otherworld was decent. it reminds me a lot of a 70's show called "the fantastic journey" where a group of folks lost in the bermuda triangle wonder through zones of time.

QYo7VD27Tmw

i, erm ahem, actually have a copy of "the fantastic journey."

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

Otherworld Intro and Credits U8idvQeM0kA

There is even an Otherworld fan site

http://www.otherworldonline.org/

am I the only one geekish enough to recognize the ground cars from the "Logan's Run" TV show?

wayzim
10-Mar-2011, 01:17 AM
Otherworld was decent. it reminds me a lot of a 70's show called "the fantastic journey" where a group of folks lost in the bermuda triangle wonder through zones of time.

QYo7VD27Tmw

i, erm ahem, actually have a copy of "the fantastic journey."

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------

am I the only one geekish enough to recognize the ground cars from the "Logan's Run" TV show?

Sam Groom was sorta the go to guy for walk ons in various series and TV movies at the time. He was in some notoriously bad mutant movie called Deadly Eyes, where oversized rats( dachshunds in rat costumes, I kid you not. )terrorize a city (based very loosely off a James Herbert novel entitled Rats )
I was trying to remember the name of the girl who played an Otherworld girlfriend to the son in the pilot, since she'd likewise popped up in alot of projects( did it turn out she was a robot? or something? )

Fantastic Journey was pretty cool, if only for the one gal who was an Atlantean(?), but our chief alien in this short lived series was also in that horrible TV sequel to George Pal's World of The World. Jared ... somebody, somebody Jared ...

Logans Run, the series was pretty unmemorable(It didn't have Jenny Agutter, after all )except for the actor who played an android (Donald Moffat, who played LBJ in The Right Stuff, as well as The President in several Jack Ryan movies )

But thanks for recalling some odd shows from my youth. Time to check some of this stuff at imdb or wiki.

Wayne Z

JDFP
10-Mar-2011, 01:28 AM
Never seen the show, but Jonna Lee was smoking hot back in the day. I so would have.. ahem, no, haven't seen the show.

j.p.

wayzim
10-Mar-2011, 01:53 AM
Sam Groom was sorta the go to guy for walk ons in various series and TV movies at the time. He was in some notoriously bad mutant movie called Deadly Eyes, where oversized rats( dachshunds in rat costumes, I kid you not. )terrorize a city (based very loosely off a James Herbert novel entitled Rats )
I was trying to remember the name of the girl who played an Otherworld girlfriend to the son in the pilot, since she'd likewise popped up in alot of projects( did it turn out she was a robot? or something? )

Fantastic Journey was pretty cool, if only for the one gal who was an Atlantean(?), but our chief alien in this short lived series was also in that horrible TV sequel to George Pal's World of The World. Jared ... somebody, somebody Jared ...

Logans Run, the series was pretty unmemorable(It didn't have Jenny Agutter, after all )except for the actor who played an android (Donald Moffat, who played LBJ in The Right Stuff, as well as The President in several Jack Ryan movies )

But thanks for recalling some odd shows from my youth. Time to check some of this stuff at imdb or wiki.

Wayne Z

So the android girl is an actress by the name of Amanda Wyss, who Nightmare on Elm Street fans(original 80's film. )will remember as the hot chick who gets killed by Freddy in her nighty.
The guy from Fantastic Journey is Jared Martin, another go to fella for many a bit part.

Keep this nostalgia comin guys.

Wayne Z

AcesandEights
10-Mar-2011, 05:40 PM
Keep this nostalgia comin guys.

Wayne Z

Welllll, since you asked...

When these weird, offbeat scifi series of the late 70s and early 80s come up I always think about the excessively short lived series called The Phoenix. I'm surprised I even remember that it existed to be honest and the only reason I recall it is that for so many years I could never really place the few memories I had of the show with a name for it. That is till the web made finding these little things out so damned easy.

9SASkqWyn40

Looks like someone read Chariot of the Gods, tripped on LSD and spent 3 hours staring at covers of their Journey albums, doesn't it?

BillyRay
10-Mar-2011, 08:46 PM
So the android girl is an actress by the name of Amanda Wyss, who Nightmare on Elm Street fans(original 80's film. )will remember as the hot chick who gets killed by Freddy in her nighty.

I heard Android girl and immediately thought of the film Deadly Friend, where Kristy Swanson (the Original Buffy the vampire Slayer) gets turned into a cyborg. A killer cyborg. By Matthew Leborteaux (of Little House on the Prairie and Whiz Kids fame).

Directed by Wes Craven.

Next?

ZQj2GKwKp5w&tracker=False

wayzim
10-Mar-2011, 10:45 PM
Welllll, since you asked...

When these weird, offbeat scifi series of the late 70s and early 80s come up I always think about the excessively short lived series called The Phoenix. I'm surprised I even remember that it existed to be honest and the only reason I recall it is that for so many years I could never really place the few memories I had of the show with a name for it. That is till the web made finding these little things out so damned easy.

9SASkqWyn40

Looks like someone read Chariot of the Gods, tripped on LSD and spent 3 hours staring at covers of their Journey albums, doesn't it?

And the title character was played by Judsen Earney Scott, who played Khans second in Star Trek; The Wrath of Khan.

Wayne Z

JDFP
10-Mar-2011, 11:28 PM
I heard Android girl and immediately thought of the film Deadly Friend, where Kristy Swanson (the Original Buffy the vampire Slayer) gets turned into a cyborg. A killer cyborg. By Matthew Leborteaux (of Little House on the Prairie and Whiz Kids fame).

Directed by Wes Craven.

Next?

Hey, it's the mom from "Throw Momma From the Train" and "The Goonies"!!!

Anne Ramsey, she was a fine actress (and c'mon guys, who of you here wouldn't like to roll over first thing in the morning to see her beside you in bed and hear that beautiful voice!).

"Owen! Help me, Owen!"

"No momma, I've got you!"

j.p.

wayzim
11-Mar-2011, 12:43 AM

Directed by Wes Craven.

Next?

I hear Wes Craven and I think about this TV movie he directed back in 85, called Chiller?
It's about a business man (michael beck of Xanadu and The Warriors fame )who is put into cryofreeze after suffering from a potentially fatal disease.
Several years later an accidental defrost brings him back, and a new procedure cures him of his illness ... but.
Did he leave something behind in the afterlife?
Very cool idea saves this little TV movie as does the inclusion of fairly decent actors like Paul Sorvino and Beatrice Straight.

Wayne Z