PDA

View Full Version : Sequel News! World of the Dead! [merged threads]

sirjacktorrance
20-Jun-2006, 11:27 PM
http://www.horrormovies.ca/horror_6034.html

Simon Baker aka Riley from George Romeros most recent zombie epic Land of the Dead recently chatted with Sci Fi Wire about his upcoming movie Sex and Death 101. While talking to them he revealed that he is anxious to do another film with Romero.

"Yeah, I love George, I love that movie. I know the idea of it was always—and I think that most of George's films do this—the whole idea is the main curse is never solved," Baker said. "It's about the different periods of time in history with the plague, with this plague that doesn't go away."

Right now there has been no announcement for a sequel and we know that he has another project that is underway which is currently titled Zombisodes. So I think a sequel to Land of the Dead will definetly be in the works soon.. No telling when but I think it is only a matter of time...

Geophyrd
21-Jun-2006, 12:20 PM
How cool is this??? Follow the link in the link to SciFi...unconfirmed

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_9075.html

Geophyrd
21-Jun-2006, 12:21 PM
How cool is this? Follow the link in the link to SciFi. Unconfirmed...

http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_9075.html

bassman
21-Jun-2006, 12:23 PM
Sounds great and all....but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

It's basically just a rumour right now...

Let's hope that it's true...

krisvds
21-Jun-2006, 12:31 PM
Bring it on!

In a world where tripe such as Yawn 04, Resident Evil and Underworld are receiving sequels the undead have lost much of their bite.

But, yeah, I spent most of the nineties getting excited over a (then) rumoured fourth Romero 'Dead' film that I'm not jumping up and down in sheer joy 'till it's final.

Here's hoping anyway!
(sweet lord, how cool would it be to see Asia, Robert, Simon and Dead Reckoning back, on the road)

by the way: http://www.horror-web.com/news4/news.php#oxynews-5099

seems Simon's ready ...

EvilNed
21-Jun-2006, 12:37 PM
Yeah, those are some fine "words from the street". But really. I mean, what kind of source is that? "Word on the street has it!" :P

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, tho.

DjfunkmasterG
21-Jun-2006, 01:16 PM
Sounds like a crappy title to me. World of the Dead... WTF?

Just call it LOTD 2 and be done with it.

Thanks for the find.

sirjacktorrance
21-Jun-2006, 01:26 PM
same news , more sources:

"Right now there has been no announcement for a sequel and we know that he has another project that is underway which is currently titled Zombisodes. So I think a sequel to Land of the Dead will definetly be in the works soon.. No telling when but I think it is only a matter of time... "

http://www.horrormovies.ca/horror_6034.html

sirjacktorrance
21-Jun-2006, 01:34 PM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/film/1032
???

DjfunkmasterG
21-Jun-2006, 01:50 PM
I hope it is better than LOTD, and there is no Big Daddy.

The title needs to be changed.

Just curious why is this double posted? :D

bassman
21-Jun-2006, 01:59 PM
Yeah....either no Big Daddy or someone needs to slap some f*cking acting ability into Clark.

What's wrong with "World of the Dead"? I kind of like it. Besides, after changing "Dead Reckoning" to "Land of the Dead", I imagine he wants all of his dead films to have the "....of the Dead" name.

I've seen someone around here suggest "Road of the Dead". That would be kind of cool if this next one picks up where Riley and his crew left off.

DjfunkmasterG
21-Jun-2006, 02:30 PM
I just don't think "World of the Dead" is a very marketable title. Land is a good title, bad movie. Audiences need a title they can relate too before they fork over $10.00 for a movie.

"World of the Dead" just doesn't have that niche the marketing people need. I think Romero should call it: Land of the Dead 2 until a more suitable title can be developed.

You could use LOTD 2: with some kind of subtitle to talk about the journey Riley and company are on.

DjfunkmasterG
21-Jun-2006, 02:32 PM
If he gets the $$$ to do a sequel more power to him... but there mustn't be a Big Daddy character.

Oh and BTW it is Simon Baker, not Barker. :D

axlish
21-Jun-2006, 02:42 PM
[threads are now merged]

Season of the Dead, now that is a winner :)

World of the Dead sounds stupid. Road of the Dead is better.

Graebel
21-Jun-2006, 02:48 PM
Maybe!!!!:)

But maybe Simon Baker will learn some acting chops as well. I would have sworn that he'd had as much botox as Dennis Hopper since his face never moved.

Geophyrd
21-Jun-2006, 02:50 PM
I hope it is better than LOTD, and there is no Big Daddy.

The title needs to be changed.

Just curious why is this double posted? :D

I wasn't sure which forum to post in...

DjfunkmasterG
21-Jun-2006, 02:55 PM
Understandable. :D

EvilNed
21-Jun-2006, 04:04 PM
But maybe Simon Baker will learn some acting chops as well. I would have sworn that he'd had as much botox as Dennis Hopper since his face never moved.

Yeah, that's my main gripe. As a main character, Simon Baker had absolutly 0 charisma.

Hey, I have a scar right under my right elbow. Never noticed that one before...

MinionZombie
21-Jun-2006, 04:44 PM
Rock on says I.

I definately want more, as everyone knows I'm a Land of the Dead "love" camp member, it'd be interesting to see GAR continue with the same characters for once ... interesting indeed, and it'd be great if it was like a zombie road trip or something, aye that'd be rockin'.

And "World of the Dead" is a fine title by me, it's a sensible progression from "Land", it's bigger and wider.

axlish
21-Jun-2006, 06:01 PM
This title business for part 5 could become a clusterfark real quick if they decide to go with Land of the Dead 2.

We've already progressed from times of day to geographical descriptions "of the Dead". Why not change again, how about Age of the Dead? End of the Dead? Death of the Dead? Decent of the Dead? World of the Dead sounds a little soap opera-ish.

bassman
21-Jun-2006, 06:22 PM
Whathave you got against soap operas, man????:p

Like MZ said, "World" seems like the logical progression from "Land". To me, anyway...

AcesandEights
21-Jun-2006, 10:34 PM
Yeah....either no Big Daddy or someone needs to slap some f*cking acting ability into Clark.

You make me mad when you say that Bassman311.

[over-emotive howling]ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH![over-emotive howling]
:lol:

I also agree that the name world of the dead is cumbersome, but, let's not get ahead of ourselves in our critiquing. It's a fine working title.

sirjacktorrance
21-Jun-2006, 11:30 PM
what it suposed to be titled the 6th movie in thesaga?planet of the dead?

EvilNed
21-Jun-2006, 11:51 PM
what it suposed to be titled the 6th movie in thesaga?planet of the dead?

A team of astronauts crashland on a mysterious planets, where the zombies have taken over and humans are kept as animals.

"It's a madhouse! A madhouse!"

Adrenochrome
22-Jun-2006, 01:08 AM
"It's a madhouse! A madhouse!"
LOL.....funny, you beat me to posting that line.:D

MapMan
22-Jun-2006, 01:27 AM
The crew of Dead Reckoning drive to Albany, NY where they encounter the crew of the LandMaster from Damnation Alley. Both crews head north into Canada where they encounter the crew of the ARK 2. All three vehicles go blasting through Canada in...........Damnation of the Dead.

axlish
22-Jun-2006, 01:55 AM
The crew of Dead Reckoning drive to Albany, NY where they encounter the crew of the LandMaster from Damnation Alley. Both crews head north into Canada where they encounter the crew of the ARK 2. All three vehicles go blasting through Canada in...........Damnation of the Dead.

Only if Tango and Cash show up in the final sequence with their RV from hell.

MapMan
22-Jun-2006, 02:00 AM
We can't leave out the guys from Stripes in the EM 50 Urban Assault vehicle

Maitreya
23-Jun-2006, 03:47 AM
I really think Romero should sort of, "get away" from the whole geographical names and go back to the times of day, because just face it, there ARE a few times he missed.

Possible suggestions?

"Evening of the Dead"
"Midmorning of the Dead"
"Dinnertime of the Dead"
"Tea Time of the Dead"

Am I right or am I right?

Eyebiter
23-Jun-2006, 05:15 AM
Twilight of the Dead

make it the last film in the series about the final fall and rebirth of mankind

general tbag
23-Jun-2006, 05:31 AM
Twilight of the Dead

make it the last film in the series about the final fall and rebirth of mankind

i remember this was the 4th film was referred as before 'dead reckoning' or land of the dead. i wish land would of been called that, seems more fitting

Sir James Forbes
23-Jun-2006, 11:26 AM
I know that question appears scandalous, but after the last film, reflecting honestly, I'm not really that bothered about seeing another one. Whilst I can't say 'Land' was a bad film, I was very dissapointed because GAR is capable of giving so much more. Frankly, I enjoyed Dawn04 far better and would rather see the continuing adventures of Ving Rhames and co.

As for the title, 'World' is the obvious expansion to 'Land', both in terms of a sequel and marketing sale. However, since he broke the consistency of the previous three, I'm not interested in that either. Still waiting for 'Dusk'....

MinionZombie
23-Jun-2006, 01:33 PM
Clearly it's a matter of personal opinion, while you personally weren't that fussed about Land (and therefore not World it would seem), there's quite a chunk of fans here who loved Land (have a gander at the poll for the official numbers), so in other words it is indeed something to get excited about.

And anyway, Land came a full twenty years - two whole decades - after the last flick, GAR was no doubt a bit rusty after such a gap in the series - but also in filmmaking in general (not 20 years, but not exactly a very productive 20 years), and what/who's to say World would be exactly like Land? Just because it's a sequel doesn't mean it's going to tow the same line in all aspects of the filmmaking process. Look at Terminator 1 and 2.

Not bitching at you, I'm just chucking in my tuppence worth. :cool:

bassman
23-Jun-2006, 02:36 PM
i remember this was the 4th film was referred as before 'dead reckoning' or land of the dead. i wish land would of been called that, seems more fitting

If I'm not mistaken, it seems like I heard somewhere that they changed the name because of the 1947 film starring Humphrey Bogart. Then again.....maybe they felt it should just keep the "of the Dead" title.

MinionZombie
23-Jun-2006, 02:53 PM
Yeah, I think the key reason they changed the title from Dead Reckoning was because of the Bogart movie of the same name - although I don't think the average zombie film goer has seen Bogart's movie.

However, Dead Reckoning - not exactly a great title (Land of the Dead is far better). It's a good name for the truck in the movie, but the title for the movie itself, nuh-uh.

erisi236
23-Jun-2006, 05:27 PM
maybe this can be the start of just another trilogy

the first set is Night, Dawn, and Day

and the "all new" trilogy of Land, World, and Universe :D

Adrenochrome
23-Jun-2006, 07:06 PM

and the "all new" trilogy of Land, World, and Universe :D
**starts cooking up the yummies**

:D

**anybody got a miracle ticket???"

bassman
23-Jun-2006, 07:08 PM
I thought starting a new trilogy was Romero's intention from the beginning?

sirjacktorrance
23-Jun-2006, 10:39 PM
i like the idea of a new trilogy. i like the chracters ,the world and the new twist of the dead universe.

Dawg
24-Jun-2006, 02:14 AM
If I'm not mistaken, it seems like I heard somewhere that they changed the name because of the 1947 film starring Humphrey Bogart. Then again.....maybe they felt it should just keep the "of the Dead" title.

That shouldn't make any difference, for the most part you can't copyright movie titles (or book titles for that regard). Ever heard of the Stephen King story, 'Graveyard Shift' that was made into a movie? There was some '80s vampire movie by the same name.

Check out http://www.imdb.com and see how many titles share the same name.

:dead: Dawg

Eyebiter
24-Jun-2006, 06:39 AM
another option is Land of the Dead 2: Dead Reckoning

sirjacktorrance
24-Jun-2006, 11:55 AM
i think land was called dead reckoning cause the plot was foicused in the truck.

erisi236
24-Jun-2006, 12:48 PM
That shouldn't make any difference, for the most part you can't copyright movie titles (or book titles for that regard). Ever heard of the Stephen King story, 'Graveyard Shift' that was made into a movie? There was some '80s vampire movie by the same name.

Check out http://www.imdb.com and see how many titles share the same name.

:dead: Dawg

the most notorious (in my mind anyway) being Crossroads, the first one being the pretty good blues/rock roadtrip with the greatest guitar duel on film for the climax, and the second one being the Britney Spears fueld horrible roadtrip :dead:

if you haven't seen it Bassman311, I think you'd like the first :)

MinionZombie
24-Jun-2006, 09:13 PM
Hmmm, I wouldn't say the truck was the main focus of the film itself, it was a common, recurring thematic element (ha, that thar film edumacation seeping in thar). I wouldn't say the film is based around that truck, if it was them all on a road trip through zombie land in that truck - then it would make sense to call it DR ... although Land would still make sense in a road trip situation.

I'm happy with "Land" anyway ... I wonder what spoof title the Land haters could have used for "Dead Reckoning"?

erisi236
24-Jun-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm happy with "Land" anyway ... I wonder what spoof title the Land haters could have used for "Dead Reckoning"?

"Dead I Reckon Not"

"Dead Wreakoning"

"Dread Reckoning"

:lol:

aga
25-Jun-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm pretty sure there were reports at the time Universal were pushing/pressuring for an Of the Dead title, as that's where much of the brand recognition lies.

and the "all new" trilogy of Land, World, and Universe
This was my exact thought down to Universe as the third title, though World and Universe sound a bit hokey I like the [Area] of the Dead theme for a possible new trilogy.
I truly hope Romero does get to make more Dead films, I enjoyed Land and I think he deserves it.