PDA

View Full Version : One of the dumbest statements of all time

thxleo
15-Mar-2011, 07:11 PM
In the linked article, Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings said one of the dumbest things I've ever read in my life when he mentions slavery.
I know NFL players are, for the most part, total morons. However, I still love watching on Sundays, but for god's sake...how do you get to be this stupid?
These jag-off players need to be knocked back in to reality and I hope the owners do just that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/15/adrian-peterson-lashes-out-at-nfl-owners/

Danny
15-Mar-2011, 07:44 PM
not meaning to derail the topic but what is it with americans saying 'jagoff'? i mean i get americans dont like saying god-damn or something like that but is it a deliberate replacement for jerkoff? if not what does it mean?

AcesandEights
15-Mar-2011, 07:51 PM
not meaning to derail the topic but what is it with americans saying 'jagoff'? i mean i get americans dont like saying god-damn or something like that but is it a deliberate replacement for jerkoff? if not what does it mean?

My understanding is it is the same thing as jerk off, but I have always considered it a variation. I am unaware of any specific/deliberate reason for the variation.

As for pro atheletes and NFL players in particular...blecch.

ProfessorChaos
15-Mar-2011, 08:02 PM
i quit following the nfl a few years ago, too much overkill, too much advertising tie-ins, and way too many overpaid whiny athletes...bunch of narcissistic grown men getting paid millions to play a goddamn kids' game...

Danny
15-Mar-2011, 08:04 PM
My understanding is it is the same thing as jerk off, but I have always considered it a variation. I am unaware of any specific/deliberate reason for the variation.

As for pro atheletes and NFL players in particular...blecch.

So its like a cultural colloquialism then. like 'bugger me', same meaning as 'fuck me' but just has a sorta ...i guess rural charm to it.

like dayum, or dang. a word i enjoy saying as often as possible.

Dang.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

i quit following the nfl a few years ago, too much overkill, too much advertising tie-ins, and way too many overpaid whiny athletes...bunch of narcissistic grown men getting paid millions to play a goddamn kids' game...

Yeah but thats what happens when its no longer about the sport and spirit of competition but being paid millions for kicking a ball around.
Though personally games like football or basketball are great fun to play, but i cannot fathom why you would dedicate your time to sitting and watching others be active.

rongravy
15-Mar-2011, 10:32 PM
I ain't giving up NFL until my goshdarned, flibbifabbin' Chiefs bring me that dangblabbed Lombardi Trophy...
;P

blind2d
16-Mar-2011, 12:01 AM
NFL? No Flying Lesbians? You lost me...

JDFP
16-Mar-2011, 03:01 AM
Watching sports is about as entertaining to me as watching a sex scene between Judge Judy and Fyvush Finkel. I don't find it entertaining but find other peoples enjoyment of it to be entertaining.

C'mon, who wants to listen to people say important things and have interesting discussions? That's not entertainment. Entertainment is watching some dumb ass throw a ball around and ram into other people. That's just the Amer-i-cuhn way there. We only reserve the big bucks for the truly talented like NFL players, Brittney Spears, and Lady Gaga.

EDIT: Actually, I recant part of that last statement. It's not fair for Lady Gaga to be thrown into the same mix as NFL players and Brittney Spears. She can actually sing even if her songs are mostly asinine drivel for the masses.

j.p.

BillyRay
16-Mar-2011, 04:16 AM
I ain't giving up NFL until my goshdarned, flibbifabbin' Chiefs bring me that dangblabbed Lombardi Trophy...
;P

Ron, Ron, Ron...

The Lombardi trophy is currently in Green Bay.

Where it belongs. :)

DjfunkmasterG
16-Mar-2011, 12:48 PM
When the MLB teams went on strike in the 90's I gave up on Baseball... Now that the NFL is pulling this BS... I am done with sports. I don't care who gets a bigger piece of the pie. I am tired of the image the NFL has put forth and I am tired of watching these players who are supposed to be role models to kids being dumb asses and whining like a little babies because their daddy didn't give them a 100,000,000 bonus for sitting on the bench with a shatter ed ego masking it as a pulled muscle.

Trin
16-Mar-2011, 02:21 PM
;PAmen to that. Speak the word brother ron!

blind2d
16-Mar-2011, 03:59 PM
Never would something like this happen in skateboarding... just saying...

rongravy
16-Mar-2011, 10:27 PM
Ron, Ron, Ron...

The Lombardi trophy is currently in Green Bay.

Where it belongs. :)
I'm reminded this near daily by a wife who is a huge Packer fan.
But it will be here soon enough...
My precioussss....

Trancelikestate
08-Apr-2011, 05:28 PM
To cite the first off topic question about jag-off... Welcome to Pittsburgh! It's pittburgese for jack off. Just another weird Pittsburgh term.

Far as nfl player or anyone else go, they make way too much money. period.

Neil
09-Apr-2011, 06:40 AM
In the linked article, Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings said one of the dumbest things I've ever read in my life when he mentions slavery.
I know NFL players are, for the most part, total morons. However, I still love watching on Sundays, but for god's sake...how do you get to be this stupid?
These jag-off players need to be knocked back in to reality and I hope the owners do just that.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/15/adrian-peterson-lashes-out-at-nfl-owners/

I don't recall Kunta Kinte getting paid millions of dollars and living the high life?

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2317/banneriv1.gif

LOL! You're signature image has the scrolling message from the HPotD main page!!!?!?! :)

Out of interest, how did you generate that?

Trancelikestate
10-Apr-2011, 01:17 PM
Jeez Neil, You just noticed? Been that way for years :p

Get a program called hypercam2. It can capture anything occuring on your screen and save it to an avi. Then simply open it in animation shop and adjust it accordingly. Hypercam2's rips are low quality though, i don't recommend it for software tutorial captures ;)

Mr. Clean
18-Apr-2011, 02:56 AM
Pretty lame for someone making millions to be complaining about money. Lay them all off or give them the option to stay and the replace the ones that choose to leave with a mega draft. Owners win paying alot of new players at rookie wages.

Edit:

I'm sure theres probably a little more red tape involved such as contracts and crap but if their on strike their probably in breach of their contract. Not to mention the sport would be somewhat interesting with crap ton of new talent.

Neil
18-Apr-2011, 07:04 AM
Jeez Neil, You just noticed? Been that way for years :p

Get a program called hypercam2. It can capture anything occuring on your screen and save it to an avi. Then simply open it in animation shop and adjust it accordingly. Hypercam2's rips are low quality though, i don't recommend it for software tutorial captures ;)
Shame I can't create a high quality version of it, as the applet to do it on the main page inceases its loading time a lot. A nice animarted gif to do the same thing would be great!

Trancelikestate
19-Apr-2011, 11:55 PM
You can use mine :p