PDA

View Full Version : Big change(s) coming to the Fiction Section - No limits!

Neil
16-Mar-2011, 04:40 PM
An upgrade to the Fiction Section will soon:-
1) Remove all viewing limits: Any user will be able to read any amount of fiction. Note: Member Only fiction contributions etc, can still only be accessed by Subscribed Members.
2) Permit non-registered user access: Visitors without registered accounts will now be able to access fiction (& the art section). They obviously will not be able to rate contributions or comment though.
3) Permit non-registered user submissions: The option to submit a contribution was previously only offered to registered users. Any visitor will be able to access this option.

Other under the hood changes are also being performed, but the above 3 are the obvious big changes :)

Arcades057
22-Mar-2011, 03:49 PM
Those are pretty good changes. I've sent a number of people to our fiction section to check it out, only to hear back from them that they can't be arsed to sign up.

Neil
22-Mar-2011, 04:50 PM
Those are pretty good changes. I've sent a number of people to our fiction section to check it out, only to hear back from them that they can't be arsed to sign up.

Well, soon they won't have too! :)

Each contribution will also show a direct URL. So you can just cut'n'paste it to a friend and they can read the contribution by just following that link :)

BOBSMITH
20-Apr-2011, 12:33 AM
I need to post a short story on the fiction section.

Neil
20-Apr-2011, 07:31 AM
^^ Well just email it on in to fiction@homepageofthedead.com

Looking forward to reading it :)