PDA

View Full Version : Bullying?

bassman
16-Mar-2011, 07:09 PM
Lately i've seen all sorts of "help stop bullying" rallies, websites, and even the celebrity first family talking about it on Oprah. THIS is how you put an end to bullying. You don't cry, you don't hurt or kill yourself, and you don't start a website. You take care of that shit...

HLqYGvdKY5U

(excuse the "remix" stuff once the video is over. It was the best youtube version I could find on short notice)

+1 for the chubby nerds.

AcesandEights
16-Mar-2011, 07:52 PM
Bullying has been a hot button issue in my region lately due to a number of high profile suicides clustered in the middle of this winter, many of which seemed to have connections with bullying in school, on facebook etc.

By the way...if that snippet of video truly was a bullied boy fighting back it was amazing, if scary. But it's hard to get a hint of the truth and the whole story from a minute of video.

Danny
16-Mar-2011, 08:22 PM
i saw a version that ended with the big show theme and i applauded, i want to walk in from off camera and hand him a trophy.

I mean i know violence is never a proper solution but that kid probably wont bug him again. - that said if it was in england he would get his older brothers or cousins to catch him after school.

slickwilly13
16-Mar-2011, 10:22 PM
I was wondering when someone would post that video. I remember posting in another thread about fighting bullies. This proves when there are no other options, then use violence. It has worked for me in the past.

ProfessorChaos
16-Mar-2011, 10:51 PM
ah, man, that made my day. nice to see a little snot-nosed punk get showed up like that.

krakenslayer
16-Mar-2011, 11:04 PM
The sad thing is that Casey (the bullied kid) might now be facing legal trouble for doing what he did. I think that's bullshit. He's clearly not a violent kid, he stands there and takes the first few punches unflinchingly (and how many other punches has he taken over the years?). The bully goaded and goaded and goaded him until his victim snapped. What on earth would anyone expect the victim to do when he has exhausted every other option? And it's not like he went overboard: he threw him to the ground and left him, he didn't kick him when he was down or do anything dishonourable or cruel. He just
defended himself.

I joined the kid's Facebook fan page to support him: http://www.facebook.com/CaseyThaPunisher

bassman
17-Mar-2011, 12:06 AM
BOTH kids were suspended for four days. WTF is that about? The big kid only defended himself and he's being punished for it?!?

ProfessorChaos
17-Mar-2011, 12:45 AM
the kid stands by as he's punched and teased, then bitch slams the twerp and leaves. the big kid had ample opportunity to be an asshole like his toothpick opponent, perhaps boot 'em in the face, ribs, etc. instead he punked the cunt out, stood his ground, and then walked away, a much more mature move.

and yet, in today's pussified politically correct world, he's being punished just as much as the instigator. and then there's the possibility the pwnd kid's family will sue.

what i find funniest is that the little shit-starter is only 12 while the gentle giant is 16 (according to what i've read, at least). dumbshit kid taunts another kid with probably 50 lbs of mass, 3 inches of height, and 4 years of development on him...and gets served.

Danny
17-Mar-2011, 01:35 AM
the kid stands by as he's punched and teased, then bitch slams the twerp and leaves. the big kid had ample opportunity to be an asshole like his toothpick opponent, perhaps boot 'em in the face, ribs, etc. instead he punked the cunt out, stood his ground, and then walked away, a much more mature move.

and yet, in today's pussified politically correct world, he's being punished just as much as the instigator. and then there's the possibility the pwnd kid's family will sue.

what i find funniest is that the little shit-starter is only 12 while the gentle giant is 16 (according to what i've read, at least). dumbshit kid taunts another kid with probably 50 lbs of mass, 3 inches of height, and 4 years of development on him...and gets served.

Sometimes insecure scrawny kids go after bigger ones to try and prove there worth or something.

Hell back in my last year of high school some kid i had never met before came up to me and said "whatchu been sayin about me?, whatchu been saying" and, aiming up, punches me in the jaw with a big soverign ring. he then runs off. My bus pulled up and i wasnt gonna chase the kid down and have to wait anotehr 2 hours for the bus on a friday so i let it drop.
Then he tries following me around for a week with his goon looking friends till i just whent right up to him and said 'try it again when i am ready you little bitch, because you didnt leave a mark with your savalry last time' or something similar and he attemtps to sneer to cover up the fact he is clearly shitting himseld and went 'y-your not even wroth it faggot' and walked off.
Never saw him again, i blame short bloke syndrome, he wasnt the only short guy in my highschool who had violent outbursts like he had to prove himself to everyone as some hardcase.

Ghost Of War
17-Mar-2011, 08:42 AM
I was on the receiving end of bullies when I was in school for a while, and the only way I made it stop was fighting back. All this bullshit about "ignore them and they'll soon get bored and stop" is exactly that, bullshit. When they saw that they weren't going to get an easy ride from me, they stopped, and a few other people started standing up to them. If violence is the only language these idiots understand, then so be it.

MinionZombie
17-Mar-2011, 11:58 AM
If the parents of the bully sue, they should have their heads examined by the state. They should instead be good parents and stop their kid being a little shit bully.

Now, the piledriver move or whatever it was, was a bit extreme - he could have killed the bully, or paralysed him, and that wouldn't have been good - but at the same time the little fucker had it coming. The kid deserved a bloody good thump in the face.

To any bullied kids, I'd definitely say stand your ground, because bullies are weak-minded twats in the end of the day who are acting out because they're jealous about something, or because you somehow represent something inside them they don't like, or something they can't do/don't have ... and frankly, if some little twat schoolkid starts something, he deserves a wallop in response.

But it's amazing how much lip some of these little bastards have - I remember when I was in the Sixth Form (16 to 18), there were some Year 7's (11 or 12 years old) who had a right old mouth on them, and it was all bullshit bravado in front of their equally miniature friends. Meanwhile when I was in Year 7, none of us would disrespect the Sixth Formers - so I blame the parents and the culture, and the lack of dealing with the bullshit that some kids get up to because of politically correct, peace-crisp-eating, nitwits that stop normal people from dealing with it how it's been dealt with for centuries. Morons.

Now sure, hindsight is a great thing, and when you're grown up you've got the mental and physical fortitude that you didn't have when you were a kid, but if I have kids one day I'll definitely tell them to take no shit from bullies and if it's absolutely necessary, say if they throw the first punch, make sure you respond in kind and put that twat in their rightful place.

It's weird how bullies don't understand that if they were nice and got along with people - like everyone else - they'd lead happier lives, and might end up receiving what they want deep-down, be it companionship, friendship, guidance, acceptance, whatever.

Ghost Of War
17-Mar-2011, 12:35 PM
Now sure, hindsight is a great thing, and when you're grown up you've got the mental and physical fortitude that you didn't have when you were a kid, but if I have kids one day I'll definitely tell them to take no shit from bullies and if it's absolutely necessary, say if they throw the first punch, make sure you respond in kind and put that twat in their rightful place.

That's exactly what I do with my 2 kids. My son is one of the smallest boys in his year at school, and he's had trouble with a couple of lads when he was about 7 or 8. He's almost 11 now, and a couple of years ago him and his best mate starting going to the local boxing club. The amount of confidence he's gained is amazing, the bullying has stopped, but he still has the odd moment with one of his so-called "mates", who can be a little shit sometimes. I've told him never, ever to throw the first punch unless he is absolutely positive there is no choice, and up to now he hasn't had to. He loves the boxing, it's the best thing that's happened to him so far in his life, and the lads at the gym are from age 7 up to 16-18 year olds, all good lads, so he'll be used to older kids when he goes into secondary school in September. I'd advise any parent who is worried about their child's confidence to try and talk them into giving it a go.

MinionZombie
17-Mar-2011, 01:23 PM
That's exactly what I do with my 2 kids. My son is one of the smallest boys in his year at school, and he's had trouble with a couple of lads when he was about 7 or 8. He's almost 11 now, and a couple of years ago him and his best mate starting going to the local boxing club. The amount of confidence he's gained is amazing, the bullying has stopped, but he still has the odd moment with one of his so-called "mates", who can be a little shit sometimes. I've told him never, ever to throw the first punch unless he is absolutely positive there is no choice, and up to now he hasn't had to. He loves the boxing, it's the best thing that's happened to him so far in his life, and the lads at the gym are from age 7 up to 16-18 year olds, all good lads, so he'll be used to older kids when he goes into secondary school in September. I'd advise any parent who is worried about their child's confidence to try and talk them into giving it a go.

Sounds like you're taking the ideal approach, Ghost. :cool:

krakenslayer
17-Mar-2011, 02:06 PM
It must be a tough call for parents. I can understand why the official line of most teachers/authority figures is don't try to physically fight the bullies, there's basically two reasons for that:

1) Contrary to this video and most popular belief, most bullies genuinely are physically stronger than their victims. That's why they pick the people they do - they're usually smaller and weaker. While there are a few uplifting success stories, like this one, these are usually when the bully is a loud-mouthed weakling with a chip on his shoulder. I expect that the majority of attempts to fight back against a regular-sized bully (the attempts you never hear about) simply end with a more brutal ass-kicking than usual for the victim.

2) If the kid is successful in taking out the bully, this can generate attention from other unwelcome quarters, and the kid could quite easily find himself forced into an unwanted career in the local interschool street-fighting circuit. Basically, gaining attention as a potential "tough kid" tends to draw other wannabe-tough kids out of the woodwork who want to prove themselves by challenging you to a fight. If you lose or back down then you're back to square one at the bottom of the bullying ladder, if you win again then the cycle of fighting just continues indefinitely and there's a good chance of ending up suspended/expelled and with a criminal record. Something similar to this happened to a few of my friends in high school.

If I was a parent I'd probably just show up in a balaclava and stomp the shit of the kid's bullies myself. Who cares if they're only ten years old, I have no shame. :p

Danny
17-Mar-2011, 02:28 PM
2) If the kid is successful in taking out the bully, this can generate attention from other unwelcome quarters, and the kid could quite easily find himself forced into an unwanted career in the local interschool street-fighting circuit.

What the fuck goes on in scottish schools?! :lol:

bassman
17-Mar-2011, 02:41 PM
:lol:
Growing up was tough for Kraken....

I don't have an exact quote to back this up, but I've just seen on another board that it's being reported that the bully's mother is calling for an apology from the big kid.:eek::mad:

I guess the bully's entire family is white trash. Like mentioned before, I will not be surprised if we hear of a lawsuit coming soon. I doubt any judge in his right mind would reward them money after seeing the video, though....

MikePizzoff
17-Mar-2011, 08:18 PM
I was on the receiving end of bullies when I was in school for a while, and the only way I made it stop was fighting back. All this bullshit about "ignore them and they'll soon get bored and stop" is exactly that, bullshit. When they saw that they weren't going to get an easy ride from me, they stopped, and a few other people started standing up to them. If violence is the only language these idiots understand, then so be it.

Yep. This 100%.

I was bullied by this kid, Tony Geneta, all through elementary school and into high school. Dude had a fuckin 5 o'clock shadow in 6th grade and he was always like a foot+ taller than me. Then one day in 8th grade in the locker room, I got fed up with it and hooked him in the face as hard as I could (I had to do a slight jump to make good contact). The entire locker room cheered because they knew he was a bully. He never touched me or talked down to me again.

Now my little brother, 7 years old, is dealing with the same shit... only from multiple kids. I want to show up to his school and scare the shit out of them, but I'll probably end up in jail.

Mitchified
18-Mar-2011, 03:22 PM
What the fuck goes on in scottish schools?! :lol:

Apparently Scottish schools are the educational equivalent of Street Fighter II.

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j373/tmsprague/AkumaApproaches.jpg

HADOKEN!

Mr. Clean
18-Mar-2011, 08:32 PM
I guess the bully's entire family is white trash. Like mentioned before, I will not be surprised if we hear of a lawsuit coming soon. I doubt any judge in his right mind would reward them money after seeing the video, though....

You have entirely too much faith in the US Justice System. :p

The only hope for this case is in Australia. News articles are now saying that the Mother wants her son to apologize to the dude that Body Slammed him.

Tricky
18-Mar-2011, 09:49 PM
Loving the Zangief remix to this
eGzqIsCbGF8

MinionZombie
19-Mar-2011, 10:52 AM
Apparently Scottish schools are the educational equivalent of Street Fighter II.

http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j373/tmsprague/AkumaApproaches.jpg

HADOKEN!

This reminds me of when the high school I was in was considered "so dangerous you have to carry a knife to survive the day" - by high schools in a nearby city ... ... which is exactly what we thought their high schools were like. As it was, you certainly didn't require a knife to survive a day at my high school by any stretch of the imagination ... it was a normal high school like anywhere else, with the same problems and the same sorts of social groups etc.

SymphonicX
19-Mar-2011, 02:52 PM
In our school, you DID need a knife.

Small list of things that occurred whilst at high school:

kids maced in alleyways
kids jumped with baseball bat wielding nutters
kid chased into alleyway by guy brandishing a machete
teacher badly assaulted on day he discovered his wife was dying of cancer
classroom next door to me set on fire whilst we were in the other room
kid heats up piece of metal in science until it is WHITE hot, picks up the arm of the kid next to him, and BRANDS HIM.
Kids dumped in bins, jumped by gangs, threatened with knives, STABBED, shot with pellet guns....

Oh and few things ocurred just out of the school boundaries but within the SOCIAL ones:

kid kidnapped and held hostage in a garage for 5 days being repeatedly assaulted in the most degratory ways
WAR VETERAN from WW2 kidnapped and held hostage in his house by one of the many kids expelled from my year

OH yeah and I got jumped outside school by NINE other students and had my head stamped on, jaw dislocated, etc....STILL STANDING. (*challenge accepted* face)

christ that's all I can remember.....the little australian kid had it easy.

Danny
19-Mar-2011, 03:57 PM
this makes me glad i whent to a preppy english public school with itchy uniforms and shit in the shire.

MinionZombie
19-Mar-2011, 07:08 PM
this makes me glad i whent to a preppy english public school with itchy uniforms and shit in the shire.

Agreed, although I wouldn't call my high school "preppy" by any means ... but it was a rural school.

Christ on a bike, Symph ... where did you go to school, Baghdad?! :eek:

SymphonicX
20-Mar-2011, 11:35 AM
Agreed, although I wouldn't call my high school "preppy" by any means ... but it was a rural school.

Christ on a bike, Symph ... where did you go to school, Baghdad?! :eek:

LOL @ baghdad....

Actually it was called Kelmscott School in Walthamstow, London.

Remember the liquid bomb plot that caused people to be forced to try out baby milk in airports? 3 or so of those guys went to that school :)

MinionZombie
20-Mar-2011, 12:43 PM
LOL @ baghdad....

Actually it was called Kelmscott School in Walthamstow, London.

Remember the liquid bomb plot that caused people to be forced to try out baby milk in airports? 3 or so of those guys went to that school :)

Bloody nora. :eek:

bassman
22-Mar-2011, 04:01 PM
xVBPiZtgYCE

What a c**t. :lol:

Watch that and try to tell me it's not BS....