PDA

View Full Version : discworld tv series on the way?

Danny
18-Mar-2011, 11:52 PM
http://www.toplessrobot.com/2011/03/heres_a_good_omen_for_terry_pratchett_fans.php

fuck year.

If you saw hogfather or the colour of magic starring tim curry, david jason and the dude who played sam in the lord of the rings the same company behind those made for tv movies have set up a uk branch to make a full discworld tv series set in the capital of ankh-morpok focussing on the night watch city guards- hopefully covering some of the books plots.

Personally im not the biggest disc world fan but i have a few like going postal and thud! - my personal favourite of pratchetts work and night watch stories and a dozen or so more but like i said, fuck yes i am excited.

Mr. Clean
19-Mar-2011, 12:41 AM
Played the Discworld Mud game. Never read any of the books. The show could be interesting.

BillyRay
22-Mar-2011, 06:41 PM
Terry Jones writing a Night Watch series?

Please let that be true. One of the most consistant Pythons adapting some of the best of the Discworld novels.

Sweet.

Danny
22-Mar-2011, 07:28 PM
Terry Jones writing a Night Watch series?

Please let that be true. One of the most consistant Pythons adapting some of the best of the Discworld novels.

Sweet.

it is, total film posted part of a video online where they did a sit down with pratchet and filmed the first creative talks, so its already in preproduction.

Ghost Of War
23-Mar-2011, 09:49 AM
As long as David Jason stays the fuck away from it, I'm in. Love the books, by the way.

Danny
23-Mar-2011, 10:44 AM
As long as David Jason stays the fuck away from it, I'm in. Love the books, by the way.

wat. he was pretty decent in the colour of magic, not as good as hogfather or going postal but still good.

Ghost Of War
24-Mar-2011, 08:20 AM
wat. he was pretty decent in the colour of magic, not as good as hogfather or going postal but still good.
Just don't like him as an actor. No biggie.