PDA

View Full Version : Enter the Void with Rebecca Black's Friday

p2501
19-Mar-2011, 04:28 PM
JiFgRWYqBhc

Best use of this terrible song, that I've seen yet.

*embed fixed by MZ*

SymphonicX
19-Mar-2011, 05:53 PM
am I the only one who feels the internet has over reacted to this?
I mean the song is obviously silly rubbish but why has the web chosen to harrangue and embarass a 13 year old girl this shamefully? "worst song ever written"? Come on. "Why must I cry" beats that one hands down for worse song. At least she auto tuned it.

Tbh though I've only heard the remixes and covers of this tune - not the original, but either way...it's a little girl!!!! if this was a 30 year old I'd say cool, berate away, but to phenominise a kid's song in such a way feels a bit harsh to me...!!

maybe I'm missing something...

ProfessorChaos
19-Mar-2011, 06:54 PM
that girl has absolutely zero talent, a dull monotone voice, and those are some of the dumbest and most uninspired lyrics i've ever heard. i don't wish any harm upon her or anything, but i really hope she and this shitty song fade into obscurity very, very soon.

i think this song is more infamous than popular, probably why it's getting such attention. who knows, though, in this media-driven world we live in, where most anyone can become a "celebrity", this little twerp may end up becoming a huge star. leave it up to the teeny-boppers and their ignorant parents who put them on pedestals and pamper them beyond belief, and she'll be the next justin bieber.

goddamn i hate the entertainment industry and shitty bubble-gum pop music. this brat and her "song" are very representative of what's wrong with music these days.

EDIT: and p2501, your youtube-fu is still weak, methinks....video's not working for me. i did look it up, however, and found it to be quite amusing.

Publius
23-Mar-2011, 09:20 AM
http://graphjam.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/funny-graphs44.png

MinionZombie
23-Mar-2011, 09:53 AM
I fixed the embed - you've got to use the HPOTD YouTube tags rather than the embed option on YouTube itself, and when using the YouTube tags here on the forum you include the URL of the video - but only the stuff after the = sign.

I had heard of this person/song a few days ago, but hadn't heard the actual thing - then yesterday I listened to the latest Hollywood Babble-On and they played portions of this crap and ripped the piss out of it. I mean good god, who on earth came up with these shit-tastic lyrics? As they said on the show, I hate this 'shortcut to instant fame' approach.

blind2d
23-Mar-2011, 11:58 AM
I would just like to echo Prof, who is my new hero. Also, thanks to my sister for sharing the original video and song with me two days ago. Shit is real.

ProfessorChaos
23-Mar-2011, 12:23 PM
miles, you mean to tell me that i've not been your hero all along?

oh, and this brat was on jay leno the other night, and it was one of the worst lip-synching performances ever. look it up.

AcesandEights
23-Mar-2011, 01:16 PM
I dunno, I haven't watched this vid or heard of this girl, but Symph sounds like he's making a lot sense. If people want to really direct their anger with the world towards little kids, they should start off small by ripping up the rugrats journals and telling them unicorns aren't real.

bassman
23-Mar-2011, 01:29 PM
aaaand......I've got a new ringtone.

ProfessorChaos
23-Mar-2011, 01:43 PM
and i've got a new quote for my signature.

Tom Price
23-Mar-2011, 08:21 PM
I mean good god, who on earth came up with these shit-tastic lyrics?

None other than bassman's favorite minstrel/troubador Robert Zimmerman.
Ye uninitiated may call him Bob Dylan.

bassman
23-Mar-2011, 08:49 PM
None other than bassman's favorite minstrel/troubador Robert Zimmerman.
Ye uninitiated may call him Bob Dylan.

:rockbrow:

......do you know me? I'll be honest - I'm a little creeped out right now, tom.

BillyRay
23-Mar-2011, 09:00 PM
Now a sound file with the truck horn and car crash would be excellent...

Tom Price
23-Mar-2011, 09:01 PM
just going by your glowing praise of a snippet of Zimmermans work in TWD

Publius
28-Mar-2011, 09:38 AM
Best use of this terrible song, that I've seen yet.

Check this one out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24yUUHYlJEI