PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Taylor dies...

Neil
23-Mar-2011, 04:49 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12833100

ProfessorChaos
23-Mar-2011, 04:51 PM
well, expect to hear about this non-stop for the next week or so. let the media frenzy begin....

Danny
23-Mar-2011, 06:22 PM
well, expect to hear about this non-stop for the next week or so. let the media frenzy begin....

-and so charlie sheen will do something worse in an attempt to steal the limelight back....

bassman
23-Mar-2011, 06:43 PM
-and so charlie sheen will do something worse in an attempt to steal the limelight back....

Something like an overdose? That's expected...

BillyRay
23-Mar-2011, 07:08 PM
Something like an overdose? That's expected...

I heard she choked on a whole roasted chicken.

Doc
23-Mar-2011, 10:01 PM
For those interested there's a movie marathon of her films going on today.

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/turner-classic-movies-sets-a-24-hour-elizabeth-taylor-tribute

6 p.m. – Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (1958), with Paul Newman and Burl Ives; directed by Richard Brooks.
8 p.m. – Butterfield 8 (1960), with Laurence Harvey and Eddie Fisher; directed by Daniel Mann.
10 p.m. – Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966), with Richard Burton, George Segal and Sandy Dennis; directed by Mike Nichols.
12:30 a.m. – Giant (1956), with James Dean and Rock Hudson; directed by George Stevens.
4 a.m. – Ivanhoe (1952), with Robert Taylor and Joan Fontaine; directed by Richard Thorpe.

I hope they show Cleopatra that's my favorite of hers!

R.I.P. Miss. Taylor. :(

Heard she was the last of the classic Hollywood icons. Any truth to this?

EvilNed
23-Mar-2011, 10:20 PM
To be honest, I had no idea she was still alive.

R.I.P. nonetheless.

bassman
23-Mar-2011, 10:21 PM
It's funny that just yesterday I was reading that David Fincher is tossing around the idea of directing a remake of Cleopatra...

ProfessorChaos
23-Mar-2011, 10:59 PM
Heard she was the last of the classic Hollywood icons. Any truth to this?

http://www.yogadork.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/clint-eastwood.jpg

not in my book. she couldn't even hold a candle to the gentleman above. when's the last time liz taylor did anything even halfway significant?

MikePizzoff
23-Mar-2011, 11:57 PM
http://www.yogadork.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/clint-eastwood.jpg

not in my book. she couldn't even hold a candle to the gentleman above. when's the last time liz taylor did anything even halfway significant?

WORD!

Also, Shatner just turned 80 yesterday and dude is still going strong.

Danny
24-Mar-2011, 12:04 AM
WORD!

Also, Shatner just turned 80 yesterday and dude is still going strong.

captain kirk is two decades away from being a century old. thats fucking bananas.

Tom Price
24-Mar-2011, 02:57 AM
Big deal all your false icons have reached their expiration date.
Many more to come,...can you not continue to live your own lives without them?
Telegram me when "Mr.Warmth" Don Rickles bites the big one.
There's a man who made his mark.

bassman
24-Mar-2011, 03:19 AM
Big deal all your false icons have reached their expiration date.
Many more to come,...can you not continue to live your own lives without them?
Telegram me when "Mr.Warmth" Don Rickles bites the big one.
There's a man who made his mark.

There we go. That's a good way to be warmly invited into the community. But what do I know? I can't live without my false icons. :rolleyes:

I for one have no idea how to continue my pathetic life without Liz Taylor. Do you have any pointers?

Tom Price
24-Mar-2011, 03:34 AM
Buy a shotgun out of a trunk from a gangbanger and put it in your mouth?
Being you are a felon and all.
Drive a dumptruck off a cliff?
Stick the business end of your proton pack in your mouth?
'jus sayin

bassman
24-Mar-2011, 03:37 AM
http://heelatch.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/huh.jpg

Tom Price
24-Mar-2011, 03:45 AM
funny empty response (must have used a picture)
Don't you have forums to search to allow you to go nazi on noobs?

ProfessorChaos
24-Mar-2011, 03:55 AM
new guy, you need to lighten up....jesus christ. what's with all the hostility?

slickwilly13
24-Mar-2011, 04:00 AM
Probably a past or current member trolling. I am just going to enjoy the ride.

ProfessorChaos
24-Mar-2011, 04:01 AM
yeah, that was my initial reaction too.

Tom Price
24-Mar-2011, 04:09 AM
Sure gang up on new people,...
and you wonder why there are only 7 users a day who post,..
The other 48 users in the who is online link are search robots
I figured I would hammer this guy a bit since I saw him ratting out and reporting post's for the most trivial of transgressions,..
in my 2 years before registering.
Carry on nothing more out of me.

ProfessorChaos
24-Mar-2011, 04:18 AM
well, you must realize that coming in with only a dozen or so posts and personally attacking someone (one of the longest standing and agreeable fellows on here) isn't the sort of behavior that's gonna make people welcome you with open arms.

i for one, was glad to see a new person posting, but then you got kinda smart-ass about everybody seeing (the highly overated) liz taylor as an icon, and i had to re-consider my initial impression of you....then you fly off the handle and start ripping into bassman over his remark. not cool dude.

if you're a legit new member, stick around, use some tact and politeness, and you'd be appreciated around here. like you said, this place isn't exactly a hotbed of activity these days and new input and opinions are likely to be very welcomed.

if you're a formerly banned member trolling just for shits and giggles, grow up.

Tom Price
24-Mar-2011, 04:24 AM
Point taken I assure you,..but no one should like rats (agreeable,..bah look in users online and see what he is doing reporting post after post)
Nothing more from me on this subject and thanks for the welcome Chaos.
Meet my friend Easy Andy :lol:

ProfessorChaos
24-Mar-2011, 04:30 AM
diggin the taxi driver reference. like i said, hang around a bit, get the feel of the place and allow us to get to know you, and you'll see that even though he's got the nickname "search nazi" for a reason and he may be the biggest GB-nerd you'll ever meet (online or otherwise), bassman is a good dude, just like most of us here.

and then maybe after a while, you can bust his chops about shit, but you sorta took it to the extreme pretty quicly there, bro.

but really, please do stick around. this place is pretty fucking dead as-of-late due to lots of stupid bitching, in-fighting, people getting all butt-hurt over silly shit, etc. it'd be great if this place got back to the way it was a year or so ago.

bassman
24-Mar-2011, 01:11 PM
Point taken I assure you,..but no one should like rats (agreeable,..bah look in users online and see what he is doing reporting post after post)

Where do you get this reporting thing? I don't think I've reported a post in a few years. And before that I've maybe reported two or three for personal attacks. Wouldn't use the feature anymore, though. No point.

Anyway....like Prof says, welcome to the board. I don't think anyone here really holds Taylor that dear to their hearts, anyway. Just a well known public figure that passed away and the news was spread in a post. I think we have one of these for just about every deceased public figure in the past few years.

Prof - I love you too, sweetheart. :lol:

ProfessorChaos
24-Mar-2011, 01:57 PM
(dare i? oh yes....)

that's what she said.:p

*waits for "no-fun police" to arrive*

MikePizzoff
25-Mar-2011, 04:25 PM
Buy a shotgun out of a trunk from a gangbanger and put it in your mouth?
Being you are a felon and all.
Drive a dumptruck off a cliff?
Stick the business end of your proton pack in your mouth?
'jus sayin

Past member, trolling hard?

Hmmm....

An enigma.

bassman
25-Mar-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm a felon? Shit, why don't they tell me these things...

and yeah...past member...

MikePizzoff
25-Mar-2011, 04:29 PM
I'm a felon? Shit, why don't they tell me these things...

"Do not upset the wildlife."

ProfessorChaos
25-Mar-2011, 05:07 PM
wait, so the guy's actually a past member? seemed somewhat legit to me after his last couple of posts....

and it's funny how no one gives a shit about the point of this thread....

bassman
25-Mar-2011, 06:13 PM
wait, so the guy's actually a past member? seemed somewhat legit to me after his last couple of posts....

Judging from what he's been attacking me with, he's either a past member or just a really observant lurker. He made a point to bring up what I do for a living, which is just odd. But on the other hand he also fabricated some things like calling me a Felon. Either way it was obvious from his idol post that he's just trolling....

and it's funny how no one gives a shit about the point of this thread....

Yeah. I guess there's only so much that can be said on her passing. "RIP....moving on" :lol:

Doc
25-Mar-2011, 08:18 PM
Meh, I liked her films. I'm no hardcore fan though.

But, I love Cleopatra. Like Butterfly 8. And thought Who's Afarid of Virginia Woolf? was ok.

Once again no big fan, and even I would say she was kinda overrated.

MoonSylver
25-Mar-2011, 10:24 PM
(dare i? oh yes....)

that's what she said.:p

*waits for "no-fun police" to arrive*

http://www.timescolonist.com/entertainment/4202975.bin?size=620x400

;)

ProfessorChaos
25-Mar-2011, 11:46 PM
moon!!!!!!! stick around, clown. fuck the haters.

yo fuck this thread. we should start a "never-ending rambling thread" or some shit.

bassman
26-Mar-2011, 03:00 AM
I back that up 100%.

Moon! You're a legend. Stick around.

ProfessorChaos
26-Mar-2011, 03:14 AM
and in case me & bassman couldn't convince you, allow dutch to re-iterate:

J9TejNJI9jo

we fuckin mean it, dude. you are missed around here by many. and where the hell is mr. bacon lately? and DJ? carlos?