PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun Shells ?

MapMan
21-Jun-2006, 08:51 PM
In Dawn 78 flyboy ends up with a bandolier full of shotgun shells. I didn't see any shotguns they took from the gun store. The characters carry bolt action or lever action rifles. Anyone else see a shotgun? It still adds to the effect of the character looking like a bad ass on film.

panic
22-Jun-2006, 04:42 AM
Haven't watched Dawn in a while, but offhand I don't remember anyone wielding a shotgun. One of the bikers might have had one, but that doesn't explain flyboy's bandolier. Just chalk it up to a little embelishment on GAR's part. Although I do have to point out that the remake bashers would jump all over a incongruity like that if it showed up in a recent film.

general tbag
22-Jun-2006, 05:21 AM
In Dawn 78 flyboy ends up with a bandolier full of shotgun shells. I didn't see any shotguns they took from the gun store. The characters carry bolt action or lever action rifles. Anyone else see a shotgun? It still adds to the effect of the character looking like a bad ass on film.

when it came to guns and stuff dawn was the worst for presentation and accuracy . it baffles me how come the bikers were able to loot bullets and guns, and how come they never carried auto hand guns and semi auto clip feed guns. even there swat issued m-16 , which by the way was just a .22 was better overall choice if it been a true m-16 . a shotgun is good choice for close combat zombie fighitng. what they carried were good for hunting , not urban combat.

Deadman_Deluxe
22-Jun-2006, 02:01 PM
A single twelve gauge shotgun was taken from the gun store by flyboy, but when it came to cleaning up the mall peter advised against using it at the last minute, hoping to keep flyboy at a distance for the majority of his shots, and handed a rifle to him.

Flyboy placed the shotgun down, took the rifle, but did not remove the cartridge bandolier before heading out and down the stairwell.

The shotgun was later loaded into the storage bay on the underside of the whirlybird along with ammunition.

Adrenochrome
22-Jun-2006, 02:23 PM
A single twelve gauge shotgun was taken from the gun store by flyboy, but when it came to cleaning up the mall peter advised against using it at the last minute, hoping to keep flyboy at a distance for the majority of his shots, and handed a rifle to him.

Flyboy placed the shotgun down, took the rifle, but did not remove the cartridge bandolier before heading out and down the stairwell.

The shotgun was later loaded into the storage bay on the underside of the whirlybird along with ammunition.
Dude, we may have had "harsh words" in the past, but, I would love to sit down and watch all 4 of these flicks with you.......ending the night with Shaun of the Dead and a few brewskis.

Philly_SWAT
22-Jun-2006, 03:04 PM

The shotgun was later loaded into the storage bay on the underside of the whirlybird along with ammunitionEither you have some version that I never heard of, or a very good imagination.

MapMan
22-Jun-2006, 04:24 PM
What version do you have ? I have the Divimax special edition. He never picks
up a shotgun.

MaximusIncredulous
22-Jun-2006, 05:26 PM
when it came to guns and stuff dawn was the worst for presentation and accuracy . it baffles me how come the bikers were able to loot bullets and guns, and how come they never carried auto hand guns and semi auto clip feed guns. even there swat issued m-16 , which by the way was just a .22 was better overall choice if it been a true m-16 . a shotgun is good choice for close combat zombie fighitng. what they carried were good for hunting , not urban combat.

I'm still trying to figure out why Peter was running around with a replica '51 Navy around his hip. They're not very practical for what they were doing and they're pretty heafty as well. Now I love Colt (or replica) percussions like anyone else but with all the metallic cartridge pistols available in the store it's an odd choice from Mr. "Bad Ass Ninja" Peter.

Guru ofthe Dead
23-Jun-2006, 04:54 AM
Wooley had a shotgun at the start of the film. As for Flyboy no shotgun. I've seen the original version, the director's cut, and Argento's cut and I don't remember no shotgun.

panic
23-Jun-2006, 06:56 AM
Ahh, but I bet you ain't seen the Deadman_Deluxe version.

Wooley had a shotgun at the start of the film. As for Flyboy no shotgun. I've seen the original version, the director's cut, and Argento's cut and I don't remember no shotgun.

Deadman_Deluxe
25-Jun-2006, 01:49 AM
Either you have some version that I never heard of, or a very good imagination.

I thought that was what it was all about ... our imagination.

Dude, we may have had "harsh words" in the past, but, I would love to sit down and watch all 4 of these flicks with you.......ending the night with Shaun of the Dead and a few brewskis.

Yup, such a pity that huge fcuking ocean is in the way ...

What version do you have ? I have the Divimax special edition. He never picks
up a shotgun.

I think i have all versions dating back to the original release, and he does pick up a shotgun, you just don't get to see it on film.

What type of goon would dare to raid a fully stocked gun store and NOT take at least one shotgun? Think about it, think ... you can sit there and the dark and think about it.