PDA

View Full Version : Roger Waters live? On the fence

EvilNed
30-Mar-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm a huge Pink Floyd-fan, and The Wall is without a doubt my favourite album of all time. But I'm really into the music as it was played back then, on the album and live around the split between the 70's and 80's.

Now, Roger Waters is running around the world performing the Wall live, but without Gilmour (To nobody's surprise, I guess) and he's coming to Sweden.

A friend of mine also told me Waters ruined his voice and can't really do some of the outlandish things he used to be able too. Nor can he even sing, apparently.

So my question is... Has anybody seen it? Is it any good? Does it hold up? Is it worth it (cause it ain't cheap)?

Tricky
30-Mar-2011, 10:17 PM
Well I've heard that Gilmour is joining him on one leg of this current tour, but he wont announce which gig it is he's turning up to so you could be incredibly lucky if you went! very much pot luck though and its more likely to be one of the US dates where that happens. They did perform together recently for charity though so its a hint at what it could be like...
sapEe1yF6ck
25EO8kyolTU
6rfQ2cDDcCA

Eyebiter
31-Mar-2011, 11:36 PM
Based on his age this could be Roger Waters last tour.

Tom Price
01-Apr-2011, 02:41 AM
Hate to say it but someone from monty python dies this month,....
If the feelin in me bones is correct.

And those Roger Waters tix can feed you for 2 weeks if you are not a bankster.

Ghost Of War
01-Apr-2011, 07:38 AM
I say go. I'd kill to get tickets to see this show, it's probably the last chance to see Waters or Gilmour in concert. Waters has been using a backing track for his vocals for years, he used one on the Dark Side Of The Moon tour in 2007. It's no great shakes to me, it's more the visuals and the experience you pay for, not the quality of his singing. Again, if you have the chance to go, then go.