PDA

View Full Version : Did any UK folk watch "Saxendale"?

MinionZombie
21-Jun-2006, 09:37 PM
It was on Monday night, the first episode of a new Steve "Alan Partridge" Coogan comedy about an ex-roady who is now a pest controller. It's actually quite funny, especially as he's got such a mountain to climb after the legend that was Partridge, but Saxendale looks promising.

You can still see a similar style of comedy in the writing and performance, but the character is probably less tragic and gets to win one now and then. It looks like it could be a really funny show, any Coogan fans in the UK (or even USA) should check it out if you haven't already - it is available for download at all good downloady-type intraweb sites. :cool:

Danny
22-Jun-2006, 02:22 PM
dammn i missed it, allen partridge is damn funny, but ive allways preffered bill bailey or billy conolley myself.

LoSTBoY
22-Jun-2006, 03:20 PM
Yeah I watched it, but I was too gutted from missing The first new episode of Still Game that I wasn't paying much attention.

Still, rerun on Sunday 10:00pm :)

Burbank
22-Jun-2006, 04:46 PM
I saw it. Wasn’t amazed or anything but it’s got potential. The character did have hints of Alan Partridge as well.

Funniest scene was with the Animal Rights protestors.

Weirdest scene was the “moment” between him and his girlfriend.

Andy
22-Jun-2006, 05:06 PM
It was on Monday night, the first episode of a new Steve "Alan Partridge" Coogan comedy about an ex-roady who is now a pest controller. It's actually quite funny, especially as he's got such a mountain to climb after the legend that was Partridge, but Saxendale looks promising.

You can still see a similar style of comedy in the writing and performance, but the character is probably less tragic and gets to win one now and then. It looks like it could be a really funny show, any Coogan fans in the UK (or even USA) should check it out if you haven't already - it is available for download at all good downloady-type intraweb sites. :cool:
i thought it was ok, not a patch on alan patridge though :p

MinionZombie
22-Jun-2006, 08:22 PM
Well yeah, Alan Partridge is indeed a living legend and Saxendale has a LOT to live up to - but potential rests within that new character, the animal rights protester bit was classic though. I'm looking forward to see how the show progresses, something new to watch of a Monday night, I've certainly got a line up - Big Brother (daily anyway), Two & A Half Men (double bill) and now Saxendale - CASH BACK!