PDA

View Full Version : Impossible Dawn Trivia Quiz #1

chuckroast
07-Apr-2011, 05:45 AM
In the airport. Several messages are pinned to the door. One message is requesting the need for medication. What disease is this medication used to treat? Correct Answer provided by user Yojimbo - Diabetes

What does the serial number 17259206 refer to? Correct Answer provided by user Eyebiter - Serial number of the Airport Cessna

What time of day was the scene where Peter points his gun at Steven filmed? *

The registration number for the Helicopter is now registered to what kind of aircraft? Correct Answer provided by user Eyebiter - Balloon

Take the number of the truck blocking the loading dock squared, times it's multiplicative inverse = ? *

How many keys were on the key ring? *

What game-show is on at 6:00? Correct Answer provided by user krakenslayer - Bowling for dollars

What grocery store chain is visible outside the mall? Correct Answer provided by user Moon Knight - A&P

What does Steven type on the typewriter? Correct Answer provided by user Bassman - Now is your time

Peter uses a shopping cart as a sawhorse. Where is this cart from? Correct Answer provided by user JDFP - K-mart

Where can a keg of Beer and the words "Flowers of the Desert" be seen? Correct Answer provided by user Bassman - The fridge

What is buried along with Rodger? Correct Answer provided by user Rancid Carcass - Dogtags

The clock tower is shown twice in the ending credits. How much time difference is there between each time it's seen? *

AcesandEights
07-Apr-2011, 01:34 PM
Wow, to someone whose only seen the film so many times over the last few decades these are real headbanger questions.

Philly? Axlish? I'm sure an expert will be along eventually.

I'd never get any of these without researching (cheating?), so I won't pretend to know the answers. Great questions, though.

blind2d
07-Apr-2011, 02:15 PM
The answer to 6 is: Enough for the Kingdom.

Rancid Carcass
07-Apr-2011, 02:53 PM

36 keys - 18 upper and lower!

3: Looks early morning I'd say about 7/8am - don't recall it being mentioned in any commertery etc... Ask George!

4: Again I haven't heard anything about this, so at a wild guess (and it is the US), I'd say a crop duster! lol.

9: "Defending Dawn04" :p

12: Dogtags - unless there's something I've missed...

That's about all I can muster without watching the film again... ahhh...just the excuse I was looking for... :D

Mr.G
07-Apr-2011, 08:24 PM
Everytime I think I've seen it all, someone posts something that makes me go back and watch it all over again. THANK YOU! :)

Wyldwraith
08-Apr-2011, 12:30 AM

Keys to the Kingdom reference?
Arthur Penhaligon FTW!

DjfunkmasterG
08-Apr-2011, 01:28 AM
#9 - via some trivia and commentary I think he types "DAWN of the DEAD"

chuckroast
08-Apr-2011, 03:17 AM
Day 1 is over with 1 correct answer provided so far.
#12 Correct Answer provided by user Rancid Carcass - Dogtags

Yojimbo
08-Apr-2011, 05:01 AM
In the airport. Several messages are pinned to the door. One message is requesting the need for medication. What disease is this medication used to treat?

1. Diabetes -"Need Insulin, Please Help!" to balance blood sugar and prevent diabetic coma.

MoonSylver
08-Apr-2011, 05:06 AM
#1 is...

ILIvPzyK_8I

;) :lol:

*DAMN!* 'Jimbo "beet-us" to it whilst I was looking for the video! :lol:

bassman
08-Apr-2011, 12:19 PM
9 - Although it's a point of debate until we get the extended cut in HD, the concensus is that it says "now is your time".

11 - The fridge where they put the bodies? Just a guess on that one...

krakenslayer
09-Apr-2011, 02:24 AM
BOWLING FOR DOLLARS at six.

I know this because for years I could never make out what the offscreen voice was saying. I always heard it as something like: "[inaudible] Hour's at six". I thought it was a programme with the word "Hour" in it's title, but I could never figure it out.

It was only after I asked about it on here a while back, that someone (bassman, possibly?) with more familiarity with American TV game shows and a more attuned ear for the speaker's accent told me what what the voice actually says.

Moon Knight
09-Apr-2011, 03:04 AM
#8 is PATHMARK lol

edit: Actually, I think it's A&P

I know it's one of those old chains haha this is good.

DEAD BEAT
09-Apr-2011, 03:18 AM
In the airport. Several messages are pinned to the door. One message is requesting the need for medication. What disease is this medication used to treat?

What does the serial number 17259206 refer to?

What time of day was the scene where Peter points his gun at Steven filmed?

The registration number for the Helicopter is now registered to what kind of aircraft?

Take the number of the truck blocking the loading dock squared, times it's multiplicative inverse = ?

How many keys were on the key ring?

What game-show is on at 6:00?

What grocery store chain is visible outside the mall?

What does Steven type on the typewriter?

Peter uses a shopping cart as a sawhorse. Where is this cart from?

Where can a keg of Beer and the words "Flowers of the Desert" be seen?

What is buried along with Rodger? Correct Answer provided by user Rancid Carcass - Dogtags

The clock tower is shown twice in the ending credits. How much time difference is there between each time it's seen?

#7 The Gong Show, with host Chuck Barris!Lmao

chuckroast
09-Apr-2011, 04:27 AM
Day 2 is over with 5 more correct answers.
#1 Correct Answer provided by user Yojimbo - Diabetes
#7 Correct Answer provided by user krakenslayer - Bowling for dollars
#8 Correct Answer provided by user Moon Knight - A&P
#9 Correct Answer provided by user Bassman - Now is your time
#12 Correct Answer provided by user Bassman - The fridge

JDFP
09-Apr-2011, 04:49 AM
10. K-mart.

j.p.

Eyebiter
09-Apr-2011, 12:24 PM
2. What does the serial number 17259206 refer to?

Serial number of the Cessna 172k airplane at the airport.

4. The registration number for the Helicopter is now registered to what kind of aircraft?

N90090 is now registered to a AEROSTAR INTERNATIONAL INC RAVEN S-66A balloon.

chuckroast
10-Apr-2011, 03:06 AM
Day 3 has ended with 3 correct answers.
#2 Correct Answer provided by user Eyebiter - Serial number of the Airport Cessna
#4 Correct Answer provided by user Eyebiter - Balloon
#10 Correct Answer provided by user JDFP - K-mart

Mr.G
10-Apr-2011, 01:06 PM
This has the makings of a quality topic people, let's keep it up! Someone needs to follow up with random questions/quizzes for the other GAR movies. Anything that 'forces' me to watch them again!

chuckroast
10-Apr-2011, 10:31 PM
That's the idea.
There are a few more questions to be answered before we start a new round.
Get Crack'in

bassman
16-Apr-2011, 05:21 AM
#3 - it depends on their direction, but the sun is screen right, making it sunrise? From the east? Just a guess...

blind2d
17-Apr-2011, 12:02 PM
I thought my answer for #6 was correct... sigh...
42?

chuckroast
22-Apr-2011, 01:35 AM
So far the closest for #3 was Bassman..
Although not right, he was on the right track. Using the sun.
Still waiting for guesses on the others.
I'm ready for "Impossible Dawn trivia round 2" but we can't proceed till we finish this round.
The questions only get harder.

By the way.. I want to give special props so far to user Eyebiter for getting questions #2 right.
I didn't think anyone would get that one. That had to take some research.
Just how did he get it right? He had to watch the movie, copy down the airplane's N-number.
Take the N-number to the FAA database and search for it there. Once he found the "N" number it provided him with the serial number of that little Cessna. Good job sir.

ProfessorChaos
22-Apr-2011, 01:42 AM
as for number 3, i'm guessing sundown/evening time since the next scene in the helicopter takes place in the night.

in regards to the clock, the first time is 8:50 and the second time it's shown (an angle shot when it's in the upper right corner of the screen), it's 5:05, so about 8 hours and 15 mintues, i'm guessing...

and where the fuck is philly on this one?

bassman
22-Apr-2011, 12:10 PM
So far the closest for #3 was Bassman..
Although not right, he was on the right track. Using the sun.

Gimme a hint here! If using the sun is correct, and looking at the air strip on the map shows that the sun would rise at the left of the building as you're facing it. So if it's screen right when Roger is taking out the plaid zombie, then surely that makes it morning hours? Bah....maybe I missed something. Now you're forcing me to watch it again this weekend. Shucks. :p

Hell....maybe I got my geography backwards and it's actually evening. I'm going to watch it this weekend and knock the rest of these questions out. :sneaky:

By the way.. I want to give special props so far to user Eyebiter for getting questions #2 right.
I didn't think anyone would get that one. That had to take some research.
Just how did he get it right? He had to watch the movie, copy down the airplane's N-number.
Take the N-number to the FAA database and search for it there. Once he found the "N" number it provided him with the serial number of that little Cessna. Good job sir.

Or maybe he just already knew it. Never underestimate folks around HPotD. :lol:

MoonSylver
22-Apr-2011, 10:01 PM
Hell....maybe I got my geography backwards and it's actually evening. I'm going to watch it this weekend and knock the rest of these questions out. :sneaky:

You better stay outta the booze or you'll end up farting around making wisecracks in the shoutbox with me instead. :lol:

bassman
22-Apr-2011, 11:04 PM
You better stay outta the booze or you'll end up farting around making wisecracks in the shoutbox with me instead. :lol:

:lol:

This guy knows me too well...

I'm going to a small "shindig" later, so we'll see how I am when I make it back. :p

MoonSylver
23-Apr-2011, 03:30 AM

This guy knows me too well...

I'm going to a small "shindig" later, so we'll see how I am when I make it back. :p

Allow me to start..."I love you man..." :kiss: :o

bassman
27-Apr-2011, 04:27 AM
Looking at the scene again, I still think its in the east. It the morning hours....

---------- Post added 27-Apr-2011 at 12:27 AM ---------- Previous post was 23-Apr-2011 at 02:11 AM ----------

Now I see where I was making the mistake. By the time Peter is pointing his gun down at Stephen, the sun has actually switched sides. It's the evening hours. If it's any different from that, I ask you to challenge me because I think I'm the only one left trying to figure this out....

Anywho....let's move to the next question....

The Keys - you must be making this number up. I've looked, counted, looked, and counted again. It's different through several scenes...

Ive got to give up on it. Throw some Day questions at us now.....

ProfessorChaos
27-Apr-2011, 07:58 AM
#6 has got to be 30. it sounds like roger says "15 upper and lower", then it shows peter counting keys and saying "right here".

and i still say late afternoon/sundown for that one scene

bassman
27-Apr-2011, 12:19 PM
#6 has got to be 30. it sounds like roger says "15 upper and lower", then it shows peter counting keys and saying "right here".

Well that's a facepalm for myself. I never once considered that the answer to the keys might be in the dialogue. :lol:

Moon Knight
27-Apr-2011, 12:32 PM
15 upper and lower wtf lol

Good call.

Philly_SWAT
30-Apr-2011, 07:20 AM
and where the fuck is philly on this one?
Well, glad to be missed! I had some extreme personal stuff to take care of and haven’t been here at all in quite some time. I was glad to come on today and see this post…fun! Too bad I came in late and most of the answers are already gotten. Oh well, gives me a chance to get all the hard ones…

as for number 3, i'm guessing sundown/evening time since the next scene in the helicopter takes place in the night.
I believe it is about an hour before sundown, and I believe that would be between 5:30 and 6 pm. Here is my reasoning...

There are two main ways of arriving at an answer here that I can think of. One, it is specifically mentioned in a commentary somewhere (I don’t have those memorized (yet?) and don’t feel like checking that right now), or Two, through deduction. When you mentioned that bass was the closest due to talking about the sun, then I assume that lends itself to #2, deduction. I will give an approx. answer for this, and if you are going to count it as wrong, please give some idea as to how specific you are looking for…

As someone who has been to that little airfield in real life, I can say that the sun being to Peter’s left would definitely be to the west, with his shadow on the east. Seeing as the shadow is long, that tells me it is not incredibly long before sundown. Not sure if you took daylight savings time in effect or not, but in 1978 daylight savings time in the United States ended on Sunday, October 29. I am pretty sure that scene was filmed after that, but not long after that, and I assume that it gets dark in western Pennsylvania between 6:30-7 pm at that time of year. Therefore, I would put the shooting time at approx 1 hour prior to that, somewhere between 5:30 and 6 p.m.

Just to add an extra layer of fun confusion, in the shooting script at the beginning of that scene it says…

“A little country airfield lies quiet in the morning sun.”

5. Take the number of the truck blocking the loading dock squared, times it's multiplicative inverse = ?

Unless this is some type of trick question, it seems to me that the answer has to be ONE.

6. How many keys were on the key ring?

Roger says “15 upper and lower”, but I don’t think he was counting the number of keys to Peter. He was referring to the number that should be on the keys to Penny’s, their intended location. That is why Peter is looking thru them, and then says “right here”, so what Roger does or doesn’t say doesn’t have anything to do with the number of keys. It is difficult to see with the naked eye how many there are on screen. Without a better question, it is hard to know where you might be getting the number from. For example, if you are assuming that there would be one key per store, there was approx. 100 stores at the time, and there is no where near that many keys on there. But again, I don’t know how you are arriving at your number. Perhaps you think he says “fifty upper and lower”, and it looks like there may be 50 keys on the ring, so perhaps you are looking for the number 50.

in regards to the clock, the first time is 8:50 and the second time it's shown (an angle shot when it's in the upper right corner of the screen), it's 5:05, so about 8 hours and 15 mintues, i'm guessing...

This is a good answer for #13. However, The problem here lies in the fact that this question is no good. The clock is shown THREE times in the ending credits ( at least in the theatrical version). The two mentioned above, AND right at the very end, right before the closing credits, right before the screen goes back there is a long straight on view, and that appears to me to be about 4:37. So with three views of the clock, hard to know what two you were looking at when asking the original question. ProfessorChaos times seem good enough to me...but who can be sure with those funky 1970's era art deco hands? If you were asking about the first instance and the last instance, using the times of 8:50 and 4:37, then the time between would be 7 hours and 47 minutes. If you are going to say this is wrong, then an indication of which two you were looking at would be helpful.

9. What does Steven type on the typewriter? Correct Answer provided by user Bassman - Now is your time

I am going to have to take issue with this answer. I could have sworn fior some reason that Flyboy typed "Dawn of the Dead", as if he was starting a novel about the situation. However, I can find nothing to back that up with at the moment. But I am sure he would type " now is THE time" as opposed to "now is YOUR time". There was this saying that my grandfather always said, and I think it was something to type to check a bunch of keys on a typewriter, or check your typing speed, or something, and that saying was...

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.
So it seems likely that Flyboy would start to type that instead of the other.

ProfessorChaos
30-Apr-2011, 07:35 AM
knew we could count on ya, philly. however, where's the screencaps with red circles and text? j/k:p

now, if only the op would hurry up and update this thread so we can move on to round 2!

bassman
30-Apr-2011, 02:40 PM
Quit trying to screw up my answers, philly. :lol:

I actually got that typewriter answer from a previous thread here. We discussed it at great length and had zoomed pictures. The general thought is that it's "Now is your time", but we really won't ever have a solid answer for this one...

Philly_SWAT
30-Apr-2011, 06:52 PM
Quit trying to screw up my answers, philly. :lol:

I actually got that typewriter answer from a previous thread here. We discussed it at great length and had zoomed pictures. The general thought is that it's "Now is your time", but we really won't ever have a solid answer for this one...
Perhaps you are correct bass. However, if there is a specific... "typing sentence"...that starts out "Now is THE time", it makes sense that someone would type that out of the blue, as opposed to "Now is YOUR time", which as far as I know means nothing in particular.

Is the OP still around to view this thread, or has he high tailed it out of here?

bassman
30-Apr-2011, 09:25 PM
You do make a very interesting argument, philly. That certainly makes sense. But perhaps the "now is your time" is a reference to him coming into his own within the group? He's a bit of a stumbling sissy at first and by the montage in the film he's starting to come around and take control of more things? Making it "his time" instead of just Roger and Peter's?

Yeah, the OP definitely needs to return. We need more questions. Questions with more definitive answers.....

bassman
15-May-2011, 06:01 AM
Weeks later......are we going to continue this thing? I was actually having fun with it..

Maybe we should start a larger thread where every member can ask a question?

MoonSylver
15-May-2011, 06:16 AM
Weeks later......are we going to continue this thing? I was actually having fun with it..

Maybe we should start a larger thread where every member can ask a question?

Last activity 2 weeks ago. Apparently ChuckROAST is ChuckTOAST. :lol:

I do seem to recall a trivia thread long ago where you would ask a question & the one who got the right answer got to ask the next question? :rockbrow:

I'm too drunk to look for it though... :lol: