PDA

View Full Version : Taken 2 (film)

Neil
07-Apr-2011, 12:58 PM
Seems to be on the verge of a greenlight!?

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Maggie-Grace-To-Return-For-Taken-2-24074.html

bassman
07-Apr-2011, 01:22 PM
Taken: AGAIN

The first was a pretty decent flick. And who knew Neeson could be a total badass action hero? But to make a sequel they'd better come at it from another angle. Like the article says, if the daughter is kidnapped again it's not really worth it...

Neil
09-Apr-2011, 07:31 AM
Taken: AGAIN

LOL! OK! Who can come out with the title of the sequel?

Taken: NO, REALLY THIS TIME!

or

Taken: YOU AIN'T FINDING HER THIS TIME ROB ROY!

MoonSylver
09-Apr-2011, 07:44 AM
Taken 2: Double Take-en
:lol:

MinionZombie
09-Apr-2011, 10:22 AM
Big fan of the first movie, I just hope they don't do "Maggie Grace taken AGAIN!" ... I always thought that maybe it would be some high-ranking politician or something whose daughter is kidnapped, and he hears about Neeson kicking all sorts of arse to get his daughter back, so hires him to do the job. And aye, Neeson was awesome in Taken - a properly intimidating hero who could walk into a small room totally outnumbered and just own them all in seconds.

Speaking of Taken, did anyone see From Paris With Love - Pierre Morel's follow-up to Taken? I watched it a week ago and it was quite good fun. Taken was better, but FPWL was still rather good fun.

rongravy
09-Apr-2011, 12:34 PM
I could go for more throat chops. That's what they should call it...
That seemed to be his favorite move.

bassman
21-Jun-2012, 05:59 PM
vFZ2eQ0PpW4

I'm glad to see it's a continuation of the first film's plot and not "opps.....randomly kidnapped again".

AcesandEights
21-Jun-2012, 06:06 PM
"I have a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me able to act in any film, no matter how poor the script, how bad the directing or how paper thin the premise."

Sammich
21-Jun-2012, 07:37 PM
Battleship 2 needs to be made NOW.

bassman
21-Jun-2012, 09:07 PM
Battleship 2 needs to be made NOW.

Oh come on! Surely that's an unfair comparison. Taken was a well made film...

MinionZombie
22-Jun-2012, 10:03 AM
Oh come on! Surely that's an unfair comparison. Taken was a well made film...

Zero interest in seeing Battleship 1, let alone Battleshit 2 ... Taken 2 on the other hand - YES PLEASE. Loved the first movie, it kicked major arse (but was also surprisingly bleak upon a second viewing), and I'd definitely want to see this flick!

Neil
22-Jun-2012, 05:49 PM
The trailer makes it look like he's back with his wife again?

MinionZombie
23-Jun-2012, 10:01 AM
The trailer makes it look like he's back with his wife again?

Aye, that's what it looks like to me - perhaps it was so they could get Famke Jansen back into the flick, and also provide a credible kidnapping. As has been previously said, I'm glad that it's a continuation of the first film's plot - makes a lot more sense. Hopefully it'll be good. This Megaton bloke has presided over some iffy flicks (Transporter 3 and Colombiana, IIRC) ... however hopefully it was more the fault of the scripts in those cases, and hopefully the script here will be good.

Neil
06-Sep-2012, 10:59 AM
tU2MFVILoRE

MinionZombie
06-Sep-2012, 11:21 AM
tU2MFVILoRE

Gave me chills. :D

I'm definitely well up for this ... although - PG-13, ugh ... but then again was the first film similar rated in America? Taken was a 15 in the UK, and then they released an uncut 18 version on DVD, so hopefully they'll do the same thing here. You can understand the rating situation in business terms (Taken 1 had a $25m budget, while Taken 2 has a $80m budget).

I think I'll see this flick in the cinema with the guys.

Also, I just finished playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations, which is set in Constantinople (Istanbul), so I imagine I'll be sight-seeing in the movie to compare it to the game (set in 1511). I know with the mosque in the establishing shot I was like "I've climbed that ... ... in a videogame." :D

Neil
05-Oct-2012, 09:45 AM
Mediocre review at AICN - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/58846

Neeson is the only true saving grace for TAKEN 2, but wanting to watch him bust out those skills once more really isn't reason enough to recommend this follow-up.

MinionZombie
05-Oct-2012, 10:11 AM
Mmm ... I've been seeing nothing but iffy-to-dud reviews for this. Sky Movies Premiere it is, then... :(

Neil
05-Oct-2012, 03:15 PM
And more dislike from AICN - http://www.aintitcool.com/node/58874

But make no mistake; TAKEN 2 is a terrible movie.

AcesandEights
05-Oct-2012, 03:44 PM
Just another instance of Qui-gon Fail.

MinionZombie
05-Oct-2012, 06:19 PM
Mark Kermode has rinsed it:

Tr64hfHgDEw