PDA

View Full Version : Six year old girl searched by TSA

bassman
13-Apr-2011, 04:35 PM
First let me say that I've got no problem with the current pat down procedures that the TSA puts travellers through. They could rub me up and down and I would just get a laugh out of it. Never really cared. I would probably try to pop a wood just to freak em out. :lol:

Anyway....this sort of thing would piss me off. I understand that there could always be the possiblity of terrorists or smugglers trying to use kids as mules, that's nothing new, but come the f*ck on! The girl is six years old and is given a thorough pat down. Maybe rub down her pockets one time, but this lady goes into her pants and "private" areas! If this was my daughter, I would probably be in jail for pitching a f*cking fit and threatening to kick the woman's ass. There is no way I would stand by and watch this happen to my kid...

v9wgjqOkb8k

What do you think? It's not all that bad, but not easy for a parent to watch.

Neil
13-Apr-2011, 05:36 PM
Little bit OTT, but didn't really see anything that I would get annoyed at!?

Tricky
13-Apr-2011, 06:06 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ZkSSURCm3FI/TMqPArwS0FI/AAAAAAAAKmw/UMzCN6yqmp4/s1600/23-10-child-soldiers.jpg

You just never know man!

BillyRay
13-Apr-2011, 06:22 PM
When toddlers are outlawed, only outlaws will have toddlers...

bassman
13-Apr-2011, 06:22 PM
Little bit OTT, but didn't really see anything that I would get annoyed at!?

Sticking her fingers down the girl's pants and onto her crotch/buttocks would be really annoying to me.

It would be different if the she was an adult. Like I said in the OP, I don't mind these new required pat downs because an adult can tell the difference. But a six year old girl? Even with the parents watching closely that's just crossing the line. Pat her outer pockets once or twice and let it go at that. No reason to check for WMD's in the girl's privates....

Neil
13-Apr-2011, 07:10 PM
Sticking her fingers down the girl's pants and onto her crotch/buttocks would be really annoying to me.
Did we see the same clip? I didn't see that!?

bassman
13-Apr-2011, 07:36 PM
:52, 1:10, 1:14. Buttocks, fingers in the pants, crotch.

Again - it's not THAT bad necessarily, but definitely over the top and excessive. If it were me standing there watching someone rub all over my daughter, even in this non-sexual way, I would be furious.

I mean....how is a six year old supposed to take something like that? Even if you explain it to her, she's most likely going to think it's acceptable behaviour for authority figures to rub her down. I understand they've got keep things safe for travel, but there has to be a line somewhere. Little children don't deserve this.

Or maybe i'm just in a complaining mood today. :lol:

Mitchified
13-Apr-2011, 07:43 PM
:52, 1:00, 1:14. Buttocks, fingers in the pants, crotch.

Again - it's not THAT bad necessarily, but definitely over the top and excessive. If it were me standing there watching someone rub all over my daughter, even in this non-sexual way, I would be furious.

I mean....how is a six year old supposed to take something like that? Even if you explain it to her, she's most likely going to think it's acceptable behaviour for authority figures to rub her down. I understand they've got keep things safe for travel, but there has to be a line somewhere. Little children don't deserve this.

Or maybe i'm just in a complaining mood today. :lol:

This is something of a tough issue for me. I recognize the need for additional security and that there are truly sick people out there that would use children to do harm to others, but at the same time... my daughter is that age. If security guards attempted to do that to her, I'm not sure what I'd do. More than likely I'd refuse to allow her to go through it and we'd be finding a different airline or way to get to where we were going. Children are so impressionable at that age that even something like this could lead down a bad path.

Neil
13-Apr-2011, 08:46 PM
:52, 1:10, 1:14. Buttocks, fingers in the pants, crotch.

Really don't see it like that.... :)

bassman
13-Apr-2011, 09:41 PM
You mean she's not actually doing those things, or you just dont see it as a problem? She's definitely doing those things if thats what you mean. If you listen closely you can even hear her saying it as she does it...

MoonSylver
13-Apr-2011, 10:28 PM
They could rub me up and down and I would just get a laugh out of it. Never really cared. I would probably try to pop a wood just to freak em out. :lol:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/11/2/129016659468732905.jpg

:lol:

That may be the funniest thing you've ever said.:D

ProfessorChaos
13-Apr-2011, 10:54 PM
dunno, man. a week or so again when he told the "new" guy to "troll on", i got one hell of a chuckle out of that one. then i reported him.

as for the topic, i believe these sort of searches on children are taking it a bit too far. i have no kids (that i know of), but several nieces and nephews and would be a bit irritated if i went to the airport with them and had to watch them go through this. it's not as extreme as some are making it sound, but it is totally unnecessary.

i've actually not flown commercial since a week or two before sept 11th, all my flights since then have been military fights, some where we actually carried weapons and live ammunition with us. anywho, as i was saying, i'm not sure how bad it's gotten to fly and all the bullshit they make you go through (xrays, emptying pockets, pat-downs, taking off shoes, checking bags in two hours early, etc)....but these days, i'd almost rather spend a couple extra days of driving compared to the hassle at the airport.

but then again, how about these fucking gas prices? $4 a gallon here lately...:rolleyes:

MoonSylver
14-Apr-2011, 12:23 AM
dunno, man. a week or so again when he told the "new" guy to "troll on", i got one hell of a chuckle out of that one. then i reported him.

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/4626128/lol-troll.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Troll-Face

Neil
14-Apr-2011, 08:23 AM
You mean she's not actually doing those things, or you just dont see it as a problem? She's definitely doing those things if thats what you mean. If you listen closely you can even hear her saying it as she does it...

I don't really see her doing those things!? I don't see any really invasive contact etc!?

shootemindehead
14-Apr-2011, 10:48 AM
Land of the free.

Anyway, the little girl can always avoid a groping by simply being made walk through one of those cancer causing x ray machines the powers that be are so desperate to get installed.