PDA

View Full Version : Titanic - 99yrs ago today...

Neil
14-Apr-2011, 12:25 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/archive/titanic/index.shtml

Some very interesting audio snippets!

bassman
14-Apr-2011, 12:53 PM
It's funny how the senior surviving officer doesn't mention the boat splitting. Just the stern rising, then sinking. He even says he had a clear view of it the entire time...

Neil
14-Apr-2011, 01:37 PM
It's funny how the senior surviving officer doesn't mention the boat splitting. Just the stern rising, then sinking. He even says he had a clear view of it the entire time...

True... But clearly it happened!?

bassman
14-Apr-2011, 02:01 PM
True... But clearly it happened!?

I believe the confusion over the issue is whether it snapped above water(as the movie suggests), or if it snapped while plummeting to the bottom of the ocean. Some of the survivors said they saw it above water, while others say it was intact when it went under.

Neil
14-Apr-2011, 05:04 PM
I believe the confusion over the issue is whether it snapped above water(as the movie suggests), or if it snapped while plummeting to the bottom of the ocean. Some of the survivors said they saw it above water, while others say it was intact when it went under.

Odd isn't it! You'd think the survivors would have told generally the same story!?

MikePizzoff
14-Apr-2011, 05:32 PM
It's crazy that nobody who survived is still alive. I didn't realize it was an entire century ago... for some reason I thought it was like early 30's.

Tricky
14-Apr-2011, 06:37 PM
Odd isn't it! You'd think the survivors would have told generally the same story!?

Same problem the police have with multiple witnesses, some say "the robber was wearing a blue jumper & had brown hair", others say he had a "yellow jumper & blonde hair", both describe the same event but remember it differently

Neil
14-Apr-2011, 06:54 PM
Same problem the police have with multiple witnesses, some say "the robber was wearing a blue jumper & had brown hair", others say he had a "yellow jumper & blonde hair", both describe the same event but remember it differentlyYes, but comparing remembering a jumper colour, to recollecting if the monster mother f***ing ship you were travelling in either sank gracefully, or split and crashed in half, while 1500 people drowned around you, is slightly different don't you think? :)

ie: One may stand out a bit better in your memory?

Tricky
14-Apr-2011, 07:10 PM
I know what your saying, but I guess in all that panic, freezing cold weather & thumping adrenaline it would actually be quite hard to recollect it fully after the event. I was in a car accident last year and although I could remember what happened straight afterwards, the more I tried to remember it in detail when filling out insurance paperwork & giving statements in the following days, the more my mind started filling in gaps with things that weren't necessarily right

BillyRay
14-Apr-2011, 07:22 PM
Well with no living survivors, and the stories failing to line up, it's obvious the sinking of the Titanic was a hoax.

Like the moon landing. :D

Neil
14-Apr-2011, 07:58 PM
I know what your saying, but I guess in all that panic, freezing cold weather & thumping adrenaline it would actually be quite hard to recollect it fully after the event. I was in a car accident last year and although I could remember what happened straight afterwards, the more I tried to remember it in detail when filling out insurance paperwork & giving statements in the following days, the more my mind started filling in gaps with things that weren't necessarily right
So did your car split in two or not? :)

Maybe the split wasn't as Hollywood as it's been made out, and was fairly subtle in comparison, hence the different accounts?

---------- Post added at 08:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

was a hoax.

Like the moon landing. :D
I recon, anyone who states this with even just a little bit of sincerity or belief needs to be put down immediately for the sake of the human gene pool! :) Can't believe there's people who actually believe in that nonsense :stunned: