PDA

View Full Version : Arni involved with new Terminator film?

Neil
15-Apr-2011, 07:49 AM
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Fast-And-Furious-Director-Justin-Lin-Really-Has-Talked-To-Schwarzenegger-About-A-Terminator-Movie-24212.html

At some point down the line the rumor developed to include Justin Lin, the Fast and the Furious franchise director who apparently might be willing to tread on the ground that McG pretty thoroughly destroyed with Terminator: Salvation. And believe it or not, that rumor is actually true. Omelete (via their English-language partners Collider) spoke to Lin at the Brazil junket for Fast Five, and he acknowledged that he's had conversations with Schwarzenegger about reviving the Terminator, and might be willing to consider taking it on.

Tricky
15-Apr-2011, 08:04 AM
Hmmm lending his voice to it & them having a CGI Arnold of the same quality used in Salvation (best bit of a bad film) would be good, but a terminator with the face of a 60 odd year old? bit daft...

MinionZombie
15-Apr-2011, 09:58 AM
If they do another Terminator film, they'd damn well better get rid of this "super Terminator" bullshit that cropped up in T3 and T4 - I mean in T4 for instance, the Arnie-bot takes like 2 or 3 direct hits from a fucking grenade launcher and isn't damaged (bar the flesh burning off), and not even getting buried in molten-ruddy-steel stops it - that's an absolute piss take. These sequel people need to watch the first two movies much more closely for goodness sake!

MoonSylver
15-Apr-2011, 11:26 AM
These sequel people need to watch the first two movies much more closely for goodness sake!

http://www.no-pain-no-gain.com/images/mike%20dayem%202.jpg

"Them mooviez is made before 2010! They iz outdated an' shit, yo!"

If only I could get Skynet to send a Terminator back in time & kill everyone involved w/ making more shitty "Terminator" movies... :lol:

Andy
15-Apr-2011, 12:44 PM
What are you guys are talking about.. there hasnt been a terminator movie since 1992.. T3 and T4??? a new one?? cameron has said he wont make anymore after T2.. you guys are all :duh:

MoonSylver
15-Apr-2011, 12:49 PM
What are you guys are talking about.. there hasnt been a terminator movie since 1992.. T3 and T4??? a new one?? cameron has said he wont make anymore after T2.. you guys are all :duh:

http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/3173/168584-slow_clap_large.jpg

:thumbsup:

blind2d
15-Apr-2011, 01:42 PM
Yeah, I agree... Plus, like, the series was good, I thought... Er, at least didn't suck... Still need to see T: Saliva.

AcesandEights
15-Apr-2011, 01:46 PM
The TV series was great fun, I thought. T3 was meh. T4 I haven't seen yet, if you can believe that.

bassman
15-Apr-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm surprised people are willing to invest in these films after the last two performed poorly. Maybe not "poorly", but they definitely didn't make an impact like T2.

I'm bored with it at this point. Salvation wasn't awful, but it also wasn't anything special. I doubt I would be interested in seeing another one in theater. It would have to blow me away with the trailers and plot summary...

BillyRay
15-Apr-2011, 07:55 PM

I get the same thing from people who insist that they made sequels to Highlander.

There was only one.

krakenslayer
15-Apr-2011, 08:26 PM
I get the same thing from people who insist that they made sequels to Highlander.

There was only one.

^ Best post of the day :lol:

Neil
15-Apr-2011, 09:21 PM
Personally I can't see anything good coming from another (Terminator) film if it involves Arni... He's in there purely as a marketing tool other than a plot/script requirement!

MoonSylver
15-Apr-2011, 10:20 PM

There was only one.

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/5/128992147551171255.jpg

acealive1
15-Apr-2011, 11:13 PM
a CGI arnie isnt as good as the real thing. all he has to do is act in the film and it will do worlds better than the last terminator film. and the last one was not bad at all,but poorly marketed.

BillyRay
16-Apr-2011, 07:02 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/10/5/128992147551171255.jpg

He's been in worse...

krakenslayer
16-Apr-2011, 10:26 PM
Although I have no hope that a Terminator 4 movie will be any good (especially not one directed by the guy that did the meat-headed, chav-oriented, idea-starved, low-brow The Fast and the Furious series), I do think it would be interesting to see Arnold play a human being if they were to go ahead with a fourth movie. You know, like the human basis for the 101 model. That is the only way they could potentially get around the age thing, unless they want to spend Arnold's salary twice - once on paying the man, and again for the effect budget needed to composit out the wrinkes..

MoonSylver
16-Apr-2011, 11:09 PM
I do think it would be interesting to see Arnold play a human being if they were to go ahead with a fourth movie. You know, like the human basis for the 101 model.

Yeah, I kind of have a vibe that if he is in the next one that'll be the route they take.

rongravy
17-Apr-2011, 02:52 AM
Hmmm lending his voice to it & them having a CGI Arnold of the same quality used in Salvation (best bit of a bad film) would be good, but a terminator with the face of a 60 odd year old? bit daft...

Don't they have computer stuffs to un-age people now? I thought they used it in Hot Tub Time Machine, among others.
The only Terminator movie I really didn't like was Salvation. I fell asleep during it. I'd see this, but I hope they take their time and do it right.

And what up with Highlander 2? I liked it AND the first one. After that, though... Fuck 'em.
Sean Connery is awesome in it.

Doc
17-Apr-2011, 02:21 PM
http://www.no-pain-no-gain.com/images/mike%20dayem%202.jpg

"Them mooviez is made before 2010! They iz outdated an' shit, yo!"

Funny, you post that......

that's exactly how one of my friends is.....He won't watch a movie if it's over a couple months old! i swear, it's completey ridiculous. If I we ever talk about films, he'll always ask,"Is it new?"

He loathes 80's films....And he always asks in utter confusion ,"Why do you watch old movies?" First of all, what in the hell does it matter if it's old or not, i guess his retarded way of thinking is that 'old' is inferior(lol)....But i look at him completely confused because the movies that I usually buy now aren't OLD(Since I usually buy older films), the've only been on the shelves for maybe a few weeks or so...But alas, to him that's ancient old.:duh:

Tricky
17-Apr-2011, 03:09 PM
Funny, you post that......

that's exactly how one of my friends is.....He won't watch a movie if it's over a couple months old! i swear, it's completey ridiculous. If I we ever talk about films, he'll always ask,"Is it new?"

He loathes 80's films....And he always asks in utter confusion ,"Why do you watch old movies?" First of all, what in the hell does it matter if it's old or not, i guess his retarded way of thinking is that 'old' is inferior(lol)....But i look at him completely confused because the movies that I usually buy now aren't OLD(Since I usually buy older films), the've only been on the shelves for maybe a few weeks or so...But alas, to him that's ancient old.:duh:

Thats pretty sad, imagine how much he's missing out on, he'll never see any of the classics like Blade Runner, star wars, Night of the living dead etc! Saying that when I was a teenager I was very much the same about music, I only listened to stuff that was in the pop charts & took the piss out of anything that was more than a year old (such as the music my parents listened to), but I'm glad I grew out of that once I got past 18, as I now listen to a huge range of music spanning back over the past 50-60 years!

MinionZombie
18-Apr-2011, 09:20 AM
Doc - how old is your friend?

I wonder if he's too old to like himself. :sneaky::p:D

Doc
19-Apr-2011, 09:24 AM
He actually just turned 24. :| He's so one dimensional to the core. And I'll never forget when he raved about the oh so horrible The Hills Have Eyes 2 remake....Again he was like,"It was soooo gooood, it was sooo gory, so gory" :barf:

In fact we're not even that close of pals or anything. Maybe, I should just stop hanging with him. :shifty:

MinionZombie
19-Apr-2011, 09:44 AM
He actually just turned 24. :| He's so one dimensional to the core. And I'll never forget when he raved about the oh so horrible The Hills Have Eyes 2 remake....Again he was like,"It was soooo gooood, it was sooo gory, so gory" :barf:

In fact we're not even that close of pals or anything. Maybe, I should just stop hanging with him. :shifty:

Well that condemns him. :elol: