PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with people?

Mr. Clean
18-Apr-2011, 02:40 AM
I'm getting out of the military to pursue my life long dream of being a Police Officer. While doing research on hiring procedures for different departments I stumbled apon a Police Officer forum with all kinds of information and whatnot and it even has a section where people can ask questions. I've been reading all kinds of posts about this and that, one of them made me just shake my head.

I'm 20.5 years old, currently attending Cal State Fullerton with a major in Criminal Justice. I'd like to be a police officer. I have never used drugs and have never been arrested. I have one speeding ticket in 5 years. However, I did a couple bad things when I was 14. I went to hit my girlfriend in the arm at the time, but my step-dad stopped me. I also fooled around with my half-nephew when I was 14 and did oral on him, it was a one time thing.. He was 9 and I was 14. Will I automatically be disqualified for these things? I'm hoping that by the time I apply to become a police officer (about 23 years old), that they will let it go, seeing as it would be 9 years ago. What do you think? I have no misdemeanors or anything of that sort, just did a couple stupid things that I hope don't DQ me. I have been clean in every other way possible.

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?161543-Will-this-disqualify-me-Please-read

oh man, part of me what's to believe that someone was just screwing around trying to get a rise out of them but stating something like that on the internet with a trackable IP address directly to cops? WTF? :duh:

There is also several people asking questions about convictions trying to find loop holes to get their charges dropped. The cops are kinda like "I don't believe your innocent, piss off" on most of them then they talk trash about how stupid they are.

bassman
18-Apr-2011, 12:19 PM
That's got to be a joke. If it's not, he should be disqualified for being stupid enough to admit it....

Neil
18-Apr-2011, 12:35 PM
Got to be a joke? Why on earth would he mention the thing about his nephew? Not as if it would be recorded on his record surely?