PDA

View Full Version : 25th Anniversary Day of the Dead Blu Ray

Gryphon
18-Apr-2011, 08:46 AM
Hey :)

I ordered the "Region Free" Blu Ray 2-Disc 25th Anniversary set from Amazon.uk.

I have this to say about it:

1. Love the Bub Comic that comes with it
2. Love the Booklet
3. Love the Poster
4. Love the 4 new Covers
5. Love all the new Special Features and Extras on both discs

6. Do NOT love that Disc 2 was NOT region-free and I had to use my computer to view it.
7. Do NOT love the actual transfer of the movie on the BD. The Anchor Bay BD has much clearer picture and better sound. The only advantage the 25th BD has is a whopping 2 lines are the originals, not dubbed over. The lines are "shit" and "jesus christ" respectively :)

So, I ended up ripping the DVD and putting the contents on a USB thumbdrive so I could watch them on my TV, and packing the actual DVD away. I then put my Anchor Bay BD in the 25th Anniversary box, along with the new one. So, when I want special features, I'll use the 25th version, and when I want to actually watch the movie, I'll watch the Anchor Bay version, both in one box :p with the thumb-drive tucked neatly up top.

Now, all I need is an uncut Dawn on BD, preferably by Anchor Bay. :elol:

Neil
18-Apr-2011, 10:08 AM
The only advantage the 25th BD has is a whopping 2 lines are the originals, not dubbed over. The lines are "shit" and "jesus christ" respectively :)

I hate it when they do pointless stuff like that :(

Gryphon
19-Apr-2011, 01:43 AM
I hate it when they do pointless stuff like that :(

I know... and with all the other profanity in that movie, THAT is what they dub over for the US release? :confused: