PDA

View Full Version : Netflix: Instant Queue

Mr. Clean
21-Apr-2011, 05:35 PM
If you find anything interesting on Netflix Instant Queue that you would like to share post it here. This way if someone is bored out of their mind they can check this thread and "ohh I'll check that out" or "Oh sweet! That's on there right now??"

I'll start.

1) Assload of the twilight zone episodes. Could be all of them...I been browsing them watching a few.

2) Charlie Chan movies. My dad made me watch these growing up. Sorta a black/white detective show. Nice if your into older black/white movies.

3) Frozen. 3 young adults stuck on a ski lift after slope shuts down. Not bad for a 1x watch. Scene way worse movies than this one.

rongravy
21-Apr-2011, 08:56 PM
Frozen was pretty good. I'd recommend it as well.
I watched The Human Centipede last night. That was pretty good, too. Hate to be anywhere but the front of that chain...
Also: Every Which Way But Loose. Great movie!!!

Trin
21-Apr-2011, 08:59 PM
"The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" series (all 3 movies) are currently on Instant Queue. Great books which turned into great movies!

clanglee
22-Apr-2011, 02:56 AM
Redcliff is available in the queue. It is just too awesome for words. Its what happens when you give John Woo a huge budget and a cool historical period to fantasize. It's like Dynasty Warriors come to life.

Mr. Clean
22-Apr-2011, 05:00 AM
"The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" series (all 3 movies) are currently on Instant Queue. Great books which turned into great movies!

In what order are you suppose to watch those? I tried to watch "The Girl with the dragon tattoo" a while back but struggled then someone was watching at work during lunch and seemed to be much more interesting.

rongravy
27-Apr-2011, 01:22 AM
I watched Doghouse last night on the old queue. Very Shawn of the Dead-ish. My wife said it was retarded, and fell asleep. I gave it a chance and it wasn't bad. I'm sure everybody is way ahead of me on this one, but if you haven't seen it yet, I'd recommend it. Be prepared for silliness.

On a side note: I finally sent back the dvd I'd had since November to get ahold of the sequel to Every Which Way But Loose, Any Which Way You Can. I watched the other on queue the other night and it just clicked. I hadn't seen it since somewhere in the 80's, probably on a ABC Sunday Night Movie deal.
Guy falls in love with hot chick, fights off bikers and renegade cops while stalking/rescueing her, gets fucked over by earlier said hottie over money given to her by taking/selling bikers' rides, then throws a fight that would make him legendary.
A tale as old as time itself...
Made me all vaklempt inside. A+ fucking movie.

Next dvd to receive: Skin Deep with John Ritter. That movie was awesome, and who doesn't love the shit outta Ritter?

MoonSylver
27-Apr-2011, 02:09 AM
On a side note: I finally sent back the dvd I'd had since November to get ahold of the sequel to Every Which Way But Loose, Any Which Way You Can. I watched the other on queue the other night and it just clicked. I hadn't seen it since somewhere in the 80's, probably on a ABC Sunday Night Movie deal.
Guy falls in love with hot chick, fights off bikers and renegade cops while stalking/rescueing her, gets fucked over by earlier said hottie over money given to her by taking/selling bikers' rides, then throws a fight that would make him legendary.
A tale as old as time itself...
Made me all vaklempt inside. A+ fucking movie.

:lol:

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1002/philo-beddoe-any-which-way-but-loose-clint-eastwood-demotivational-poster-1266106562.jpg

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/1002/philo-left-turn-clyde-demotivational-poster-1266106762.jpg

Used to love the hell out of those movies as a kid. Haven't seen 'em in years & now you've really got me wanting to. Pure white trash redneck good times...my people. ;)

Clint Eastwood + an orangutan: what's not to love? :D

The fun is compounded by a LOT of the Eastwood regulars from other films all taking turns in these & seeming to have a lot of fun in the process.

I've heard "Roadhouse" called the redneck "Gone With The Wind". I wonder if that makes these "The Godfather I & II"? :rockbrow: :lol:

MikePizzoff
27-Apr-2011, 12:06 PM
Thumbs Up! is a great indie series about these two dudes traveling around the country on $0 and no car (IE: hitchhiking, train-hopping, etc).

There's plenty of horror movies on there to keep a lot of us busy.

The Stand was just added.

They've also started doing something new, where they add ENTIRE TV series' lumped into one thing, instead of just a season at a time.

EDIT: I see they've put Harper's Island back up! I tried to get members of this forum into this show about a year and a half ago, but I think only a couple of you watched it. I can't recommend this show enough to any fan of the slasher genre. If you're into horror in general, I'd say there's a pretty good chance you'll like this show. The first episode is pretty slow and seems like a harder version of Dawson's Creek, but DO NOT let that fool you; this show gets fucking awesome and picks up a lot of steam in the second episode.

bassman
27-Apr-2011, 01:14 PM
Been trying to finish off the entire series of The Twilight Zone. Also looking to start Sons of Anarchy before too long.

I watched Loose Change: 9/11 the other night. A few interesting points, but mostly trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill....

GRMonLI
27-Apr-2011, 05:42 PM
Wathed "The Horde" last night on Instant Watch...a pretty good french zombie flick. It is in french though with subtitls, but the story and action was good.

DjfunkmasterG
27-Apr-2011, 10:40 PM
if you dig stand up comedy... John Caparulo: Meet Cap is pretty funny.

bassman
27-Apr-2011, 10:56 PM
They've got a couple Katt Williams stand ups that were hilarious. I don't think Pimp Chronicles is currently on there, but if you ever see that one it's great...

Exatreides
01-May-2011, 08:00 PM
I watched...

Frozen a couple nights ago and I enjoyed, some parts were kind of far fetched but over all I thought it was pretty good.

The Joneses was decent. Mostly watched it because I'm a David Ducovney fan. A decent comedy with some social commentary about consumerism in America today, and the cost that people are willing to take in order to look good.

Ink; was an Indy film that I took a chance on. I was actually really surprised, I thought it was a great movie. You could watch this movie and take it quite a few ways. About the dream world, good vs evil, redemption, with some decent fight scenes in it as well. A sort of mind fuck, all beit a slightly predictable one. I really enjoy the art and direction style of the film.

rongravy
04-May-2011, 12:13 AM
I did a Jay Baruchel double feature on the old instant queue last night: Real Time and Fetching Cody.
Both excellent. The first about a guy spending some quality time with his assassin, the other kind of a Butterfly Effect without the SUCK, or the Kutch. Neither were comedies, and Jay pretty much played dirtbags in both. Before this, I'd only seen him in comedies and Undeclared, which I love.
The kid's got some chops, I gotta tell you. And Randy Quaid with a British accent?
WTF?!?!?
I recommend both highly... literally. Kidding, both totally worth it.

Mr. Clean
09-May-2011, 04:13 AM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115645/

Before and After - Meryl Streep, Liam Neeson and Edward Furlong

Pretty decent flick. I would have changed portions of the story though had I written it.

Mr. Clean
01-Jun-2011, 04:13 AM
Watched a few more good ones recently.

1. Dirty - Cuba Gooding Jr http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0439544/

2. Linewatch - Cuba Gooding Jr http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1047832/

3. The New Daughter - Kevin Costner http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0951335/

rongravy
01-Jun-2011, 04:38 AM
I'm watching the US version of Men Behaving Badly. I was working 2nd shift these years, and sadly missed this as I was busy raising a newborn at the time. Making up for it now, and will do the UK version next, sure it'll be even better.
Rob Schneider plays the perfect cavemannish buffoon. I think it's rubbing off, as my wife is mad at me nightly for being a badly behaving man, lol.

bassman
18-Jul-2011, 12:27 PM
'Man on Wire'. Great documentary about the guy that illegally walked a tight rope between The World Trade Center Towers in 1974. Really good stuff....

darth los
18-Jul-2011, 02:52 PM
There's also an assload of MST3K episodes on there as well.

:cool:

bassman
18-Jul-2011, 03:05 PM
There's also an assload of MST3K episodes on there as well.

Yeah, there's a good ten or fifteen episodes plus the movie. I was pleasantly surprised when I made that discovery.

They've also recently added all of the Star Trek series'. I believe it's all of them, anyway. Original, TNG, DS9, etc.

Trin
18-Jul-2011, 07:55 PM
They've also recently added all of the Star Trek series'. I believe it's all of them, anyway. Original, TNG, DS9, etc.
Omg, omg, omg, omg, omg, omg, omg...

rongravy
06-Aug-2011, 03:23 PM
Finishing up the Men Behaving Badly UK original, I loveeeeeeeeeeeee Martin Clunes. Gonna watch his other show, Doc Marten next. Saw an interview with him the other day, he is such a nice, charitable guy. Nothing like his Gary Strang character.
Last night we watched Dead Girl.
Pretty much two doods, one of them pretty emo, find a dead chick strapped to a table. One decides to keep her and get some serious zombie poon on a daily basis, but in the end all goes wrong. Was expecting a home video camera type movie, but was shot pretty decently. Dragged a bit in the middle, but was overall an ok movie to watch. Does anyone get their dick bitten off?
I'm not spoiling it, but I'm sure it immediately pops into your head that it's gonna happen to someone...
It's hard to sift through all the shit people put out. Some of the zombie movies I've clicked on lasted only a few minutes before I could take no more. Still, it's better than renting them at Blockbuster with nothing more than a cleverly crafted dvd cover to go by. It's almost as if they spent more money on the cover art than the film itself.

bassman
09-Aug-2011, 04:27 PM
This may be common knowledge to everyone but me, but i've just found a website that lists whats coming up on Netflix Instant and how long it will be available. http://feedfliks.com/streaming/coming-soon. This will help determine how long you have with TV series' before they're taken off. It also lists the movies and shows with highest ratings.

Anyway, I just watched 'The Fighter'. It's a good flick, but all the attention it received last year now seems a bit over the top. Bale was spot on as his character, but the rest was kinda meh. Like 'The Social Network', it's a good film but a bit overrated when it comes to awards season...

GRMonLI
10-Aug-2011, 03:15 PM
If anyone else uses a Roku box to watch streaming from Netflix there are two interesting new channels:

Instant Watch Browser: Lets you search through the entire Instant Watch list of Netflix and put them in your account. Cost $2.99 a year.

MultiQs: Lets you divide your Netflix Queue into seperate lists and also search and place into any of your queues. Cost $4.99 a year.

My husband is really glad about the seperate queues...he was tired of going thorough my hundreds of horror and sci-fi to get to his movies! LOL

MikePizzoff
10-Aug-2011, 05:56 PM
WTF? With the Roku they actually charge you EXTRA to do stuff that you can do for free on XBOX, PS3, and just about any Blu-Ray player?

GRMonLI
11-Aug-2011, 05:42 PM
WTF? With the Roku they actually charge you EXTRA to do stuff that you can do for free on XBOX, PS3, and just about any Blu-Ray player?

I had no idea that other systems did not charge.....I don't have any gamy systems or a blu ray. I just thought that the ability to split queues and other stuff was great! :-)

LouCipherr
11-Aug-2011, 07:00 PM
Not sure if you guys are into it, but there's a metric shit-ton of Mystery Science Theater 3000's on Nextflix streaming right now. I'm about 1/2 way through them (for the second time, I was an avid MST3K fan when they were on). :D

bassman
11-Aug-2011, 08:28 PM
Not sure if you guys are into it, but there's a metric shit-ton of Mystery Science Theater 3000's on Nextflix streaming right now. I'm about 1/2 way through them (for the second time, I was an avid MST3K fan when they were on). :D

Darth and I were talking about that earlier in the thread. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

I watched "Werewolf" last night. Man....funny, funny episode.

rongravy
12-Aug-2011, 01:39 PM
Watched Zombie Town. Although alot of cheese, something made me watch until the end. Silly, but not horrible, even with all the flubs I saw. Loved that guy's red fro and his monster sideburns, not to mention his over the top acting.
Dead and Deader on the other hand...
The jury is still out on that, as I haven't finished it yet.
Hatchet 2 came in the mail. Not as good as the first, but decent. Saw the behind the scenes featurette. The director seemed to have a genuine love for the slasher flicks in the 80's. Cheese, yes, but old school like a mofo. I hope 3 and 4 get made. Next in the mail will be [rec] 1 and 2. Never seem them before, and being in Spanish will make my wife happy. I don't mind reading subtitles when they go too fast for me, lol.

LouCipherr
12-Aug-2011, 07:03 PM
Darth and I were talking about that earlier in the thread. Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Damn, I need to work on my search skills... :lol:

=bassman]I watched "Werewolf" last night. Man....funny, funny episode.

I watched another zombie one (can't remember the name of it) but there were pretty much ZERO zombies until the VERY end of the movie.. WTF?! :lol: Is this the same one?

Gotta love those ancient cheesey movies.. :D

bassman
12-Aug-2011, 07:26 PM
No, this one didn't have any zombies. It was a VERY crappy werewolf flick.

Some bits:

WzjsBU1Jqv0

rongravy
23-Aug-2011, 06:42 AM
I just watched Bob the Butler with Tom Green.
Beautiful movie. I had a tear at the end.
A+.

CoinReturn
23-Aug-2011, 02:40 PM
Werewolf is indeed an amazing episode. Check out "Soultaker" for more cheesy Joe Estevez goodness.

bassman
07-Sep-2011, 04:06 PM
Netflix has now changed their plans yet again (http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=7278).

Following the elimination of its $9.99 per month fee for unlimited streaming and unlimited DVD rentals in July, Netflix has introduced a new restriction for its subscribers - one stream per subscriber. This means that sharing will no longer be possible and streaming customers will have to watch one show at a time - unless they pay more.

Customers interested in watching more than one show at the same time will have to upgrade accordingly - to two-disc plan/two streams, three-disc plan/three streams, etc.

Currently, the two discs out at a time plan is $19.98 per month, the three discs out at a time plan is $23.98, while the four discs out at a time plan is $29.98.

The new restriction was introduced during the Labor Day Weekend

This really sucks as the wife and I sometimes like to watch different titles in different rooms. You just keep digging your grave netflix....

LouCipherr
07-Sep-2011, 04:49 PM
Netflix has now changed their plans yet again (http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=7278)

To quote Lo Pan in Big Trouble in Little China: "Now this REALLY pisses me off to no end!"

Yeah, digging their grave is exactly what they're doing.

Oh, and bass, I meant was Zombie Town that zombie one I saw, not Werewolf. I think I quoted you by accident, but was meaning to quote someone else.

*smacks self on forehead for being stupid, as usual*

Mike70
07-Sep-2011, 04:56 PM
boris karloff's thriller is available in its entirety on netflix now.

sugar hill - AIP voodoo zombie flick w/ robert quarry and marki bey.

theatre of blood - vincent price dispatches critics in the manner of shakespeare.

the expendables - what a ridiculously entertaining and mindless fucking film this is. i'd never even heard of this thing before but when i saw the cast: sylvester stallone, jason statham, jet li, dolph lundgren, mickey rourke, eric roberts, steve austin, and appearances by bruce willis and arnold, it promised so much over the top violence that i just had to watch it. i wasn't disappointed either.

if anyone is interested in seeing perhaps the most asinine movie ever made, i bring you Moby Dick: 2012 staring barry bostwick and renee o'connor.

bassman
19-Sep-2011, 01:33 PM
....even more changes from Netflix (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/19/qwikster-netflix-streaming-dvds_n_969135.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cnetscape%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%7C96765)

In a post on The Netflix Blog that went up Sunday night, the company's CEO, Reed Hastings, announced that Netflix would split its DVD-by-mail service and its streaming-video service into two companies. The new DVD-only company, called "Qwikster," will be completely separate from the streaming business. Hastings also expressed contrition for the way the company rolled out its recent price hike, which alienated many customers.

A personal apology:

c8Tn8n5CIPk

I'm actually okay with this. I only want the streaming service. I don't really care for the disc delivery. Although the game disc delivery would be kinda nice...

rongravy
19-Sep-2011, 11:41 PM
I don't think he's sorry at all...
Kinda smug looking.
I wanna see tears.

Mr. Clean
22-Sep-2011, 04:01 AM
Lo - Lovelorn Justin (Ward Roberts) sees his life change for the better when quirky April (Sarah Lassez) lands in the middle of it. When she's abruptly kidnapped by a band of demons, Justin sets out to rescue her, with the help of the hellion Lo (Jeremiah Birkett), who has an agenda of his own. Hell, musical demons and oversized rats complicate the path to love in writer-director Travis Betz's horror-comedy hybrid.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1047490/ (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1047490/)

Great Flick! I had concerns about it at first because it appears to be a little low budget but the story held my attention the entire time and I finish the movie glad I decided to watch it. It has a little bit of everything....Drama...Comedy...Horror.

bassman
27-Sep-2011, 01:55 AM
In the spirit of the Halloween season that has now officially arrived IMO, I have to recommend a documentary I just finished called "Nightmares in Red, White, and Blue: The Evolution of the American Horror Film (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1337117/)".

A very entertaining documentary featuring interviews with most of the horror film legends. Romero, Carpenter, Dante, Barker, Corman, etc. Narrated by the always cool Lance Henriksen. 5/5

rongravy
27-Sep-2011, 09:39 PM
I watched some Conan O'Brien documentary from when he got offed from the Tonight Show up until he got to TBS. It followed him during his comedy tour. Not bad, but he's even uglier without make up...

bassman
28-Sep-2011, 12:47 AM
I watched some Conan O'Brien documentary from when he got offed from the Tonight Show up until he got to TBS. It followed him during his comedy tour. Not bad, but he's even uglier without make up...

Not sure about the ugly thing, but I too loved that documentary. It's called "Conan Obrien Can't Stop".

Conan is the only late night host that can keep me entertained and laughing. The rest are just tired and need to retire. Conan is the King.

rongravy
28-Sep-2011, 01:06 AM
Conan is the King.
Sorry, I've been a Dave man since the beginning. I used to think of Conan like I do Jimmy Fallon now, but not as much. I hated him, but Andy was always funny as hell. Cabin Boy like a mofo!!!
Then I saw Fallon, and it made me appreciate Conan alot more.
Conan sometimes goes overboard with his energy and fails, but he's a million times better than his idiotic replacement. I also think he should stick with the beard, made him look less freakish. More salty sea captainish...

bassman
28-Sep-2011, 01:13 AM
I agree with your opinion on Fallon. I try to be nice, but I would LOVE to stab that guy in the heart. :lol:

I just don't like Fallon and his giggling shtick.

I used to watch Leno followed by Obrien, but Letterman never did anything for me. He just makes basic facts followed by his musician going "ehhhhh" or some such. Conan is the only one that can make an actual joke.

rongravy
28-Sep-2011, 02:31 AM
Eff that. I want Johnny followed by Dave again. Those were the days. Dave's always been a bit drier/sarcastic, Conan is a dancing clown too often for me. He misses as much as hits the target in my book.
He was also kind of crabby/moody in that documentary sometimes, which surprised me since he's usually bouncing off the walls. Wonder if he was doing that chick assistant, she wasn't half bad. She got a heckuva lot more screen time than, sayyyy, his wife. Just saying...
I also love it when Dave, on his show, only referred to Fallon as "that Lonnie Donegan guy" when he took over for Conan. That show has never been funny. I've tried to watch it, I just can't bear to. It sucks that bad.

bassman
28-Sep-2011, 03:25 AM
The level of fail is beyond comprehension...

JDFP
28-Sep-2011, 03:34 AM
C'mon no one else is up for Bill O'Reilly for late night humor? A guy pretending to be a pompous know-it-all on all things in existence with a smile you want to beat the hell out of him for?

Wait, "The O'Reilly Factor" isn't a comedy show?

Oh...

Personally, I've been catching up on a lot of John Wayne through Instant Streaming recently. "Stagecoach" was last night with "Rio Bravo" with The Duke and Dean Martin which is always an excellent film. "McClintock!" and "The Green Beret" are also available. No one will ever touch The Duke.

j.p.

rongravy
03-Oct-2011, 05:33 AM
Ticked Off Trannies with Knives. Strange movie, but once I started watching it, I just had to finish it. Just... wow.

GRMonLI
03-Oct-2011, 05:42 PM
Ticked Off Trannies with Knives. Strange movie, but once I started watching it, I just had to finish it. Just... wow.

Your right...I watched it too...sort of like how you cannot look away from a car wreck!!!

bassman
10-Oct-2011, 01:39 PM
Holy hell. At this point I just wish they would make a decision, any decision, and actually stick with it. Now they've abandoned Qwikster (http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/netflix-abandons-plan-to-rent-dvds-on-qwikster/?hp).

We underestimated the appeal of the single web site and a single service,” Steve Swasey, a Netflix spokesman, said in a telephone interview. He quickly added: “We greatly underestimated it.”

Ya think? :lol:

Trin
10-Oct-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah, there's a good ten or fifteen episodes plus the movie. I was pleasantly surprised when I made that discovery.

Star Trek DS9 just hit instant this week. Which is perfect timing since I've plowed through Enterprise and Voyager and was starting to get itchy for something else.

I'm popping the popcorn and settlin in for a marathon.

rongravy
20-Jan-2012, 04:54 PM
Dang, I finally just saw the Charlie Sheen roast. They sure let Patrice O'Neal really have it.
I will say it was pretty good, but someone please put Seth McDouchenozzle out of my misery?

Mr. Clean
05-Aug-2012, 07:18 PM
New Good Stuff

Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

Immortals (2011)
-------------------------------------------

Captain America was really good. Immortals kind of disappointed me a little but still a decent movie

Mr. Clean
05-Nov-2013, 09:58 AM
Anyone been checking out these Netflix Original Series?

I have been sorta avoiding them but out of the blue my wife started watching Hemlock Grove which was an "ok" supernatural tv series from what I seen. I didn't get too involved but the werewolf stuff seemed pretty cool. The series has an extremely slow start though....(First 3-4 episodes were extremely boring)

Then the other night....my wife started watching "Orange is the new Black".......It's a TV Drama Series about a Female Prison.....Pretty awesome show. A little something for everyone besides maybe children :p.

I want to watch "House of Cards" but I just haven't found the time.